4 2.42%
  • Mr. Sinister

1 0.61%
  • The High Evolutionary

6 3.64%
  • Other (please specify)

28 16.97%
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

I saw a great theory on these boards that when Wanda said "No more Mutants", it stopped her from being a mutant.
    Maybe that's what's wrong Wandas' body, it is a compromised mutant body influenced with chaos magic
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The one and only...
    Attachment 111028
    That's Holmes. To play Poirot you need an epic 'stache. I nominate Corsiar, even though he isn't a mutant.

Although we could get Kurt to try and mimic Jacobi instead. If anyone gets the reference....
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I saw a great theory on these boards that when Wanda said "No more Mutants", it stopped her from being a mutant.
    Maybe that's what's wrong Wandas' body, it is a compromised mutant body influenced with chaos magic
    Neat explanation, hope they go with it.

mystique. 100%, and if it's not her, no other explanation or motive will be as good.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    They could get Tempus to bubble back a few hours and watch what happens or call up any of the dozen or so mutants with some form of psychometry to get a read. In fact, after the brilliance of Planet Size X-Men, I am sure they can just go get the newfound person with the mutant power of 'solve murder mystery'.
    If they are doing this right, it's likely good to assume that the killer or killers were taking all those contingencies into account. I guess it'll depend on whether this was premeditated or not. I hope they at least try to do something like this even if it fails. They can't introduced the premise of mutants terraforming and have them just out of ideas for a crime scene investigation. I also wonder if multiple culprits is the route this will go, as power combinations is probably the only way you can reasonably hide this.

Oh and I guess magic... but I rather Excalibur stay way out of this one.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    mystique. 100%, and if it's not her, no other explanation or motive will be as good.
    Totally agree
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Rachel can telepathically jump backwards in time to investigate crime scenes so whoever did it isn't getting away

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Rachel can telepathically jump backwards in time to investigate crime scenes so whoever did it isn't getting away
    Yep! Her Chronokenisis was utilized a lot by Leah in X-Factor and guess who's writing The Trial! Would be lovey to see it being used in one of the 4 issues.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Rachel unfortunately has the mutant power to be forgotten by the writer at the time that would make most sense for her to be in use.

Ultimate Member

They could get Tempus to bubble back a few hours and watch what happens or call up any of the dozen or so mutants with some form of psychometry to get a read. In fact, after the brilliance of Planet Size X-Men, I am sure they can just go get the newfound person with the mutant power of 'solve murder mystery'.
    Yup. Tempus, Tempo, Timeslip, Lacuna, Kiden Nixon, etc. for time-manipulators that could 'flash back.' Adrienne Frost, Longshot, Contact, Hindsight Lad, etc. for psychometricists. There's not a shortage of options, and probably dozens, if not *hundreds* of unseen Krakoans and Arakkoans who have useful relevant mutant gifts.

The telepath Gamesmaster is telepathically linked to everyone, everywhere, all the time, and literally knows every secret on Earth, so if the killer wasn't totally shut off from telepathy, he knows, too. (And even if the killer was psi-shielded, *Wanda* might not have been, so he might have seen it from her eyes!)

Rachel unfortunately has the mutant power to be forgotten by the writer at the time that would make most sense for her to be in use.

Here's my 5, in no real order, and reasons against.

Exodus: A bit on the obvious side, and I don't think he'd do it in secret.
    Mystique: I think she was killing Christian at the time.
    Cortez: Thematicly, it feels wrong as "guy everyone shits on turns out to be bad guy" isn't exactly interesting story. And I think he was trying to get people to wear a Magneto helmet while having sex with him at the time.
    Beast: Beast is a bastard. They were Avengers together and I don't think he's that far gone, but I needed a 5th.
    Peepers: His buddy-buddy act in SWORD feels like a set up to betrayal for me, so here we are.
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

Rogue Fan since the 80's Sandman813's Avatar

Some time ago Magneto got into a fight with the Scarlet Witch she tried to kill him and hurting everyone from his bloodline but it didn't effect her and she seemed quite happy to find out that the spell didn't work on her also. Which was when we learned that they weren't related. I think that's when she also subconsciously used her probability altering powers so she and her brother were no longer related to him which given the nature of the argument also made the two of them no longer mutants.

I think that the killer could be a drunken Nightcrawler who doesn't remember what he's done
    or it could be Onslaught which given the nature of his being part Magneto.
    KRAKOA MUST FALL

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It doesn't seem like the Age of Krakoa wants to interact with the traditional MU afterlife or concepts of souls *at all* as the resurrection protocols kind of teeter on a platform of 'don't look at this very closely.'
    IT was being explored or touched on in X-Factor..but, you know...

In fact, after the brilliance of Planet Size X-Men, I am sure they can just go get the newfound person with the mutant power of 'solve murder mystery'.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I love this!
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman813 View Post
    Some time ago Magneto got into a fight with the Scarlet Witch she tried to kill him and hurting everyone from his bloodline but it didn't effect her and she seemed quite happy to find out that the spell didn't work on her also. Which was when we learned that they weren't related. I think that's when she also subconsciously used her probability altering powers so she and her brother were no longer related to him which given the nature of the argument also made the two of them no longer mutants.

I think that the killer could be a drunken Nightcrawler who doesn't remember what he's done
    or it could be Onslaught which given the nature of his being part Magneto.
    I sincerely hope they do not do that, it would make absolutely make no sense at all and it be purely for shock value (wouldn’t be surprised if they pulled a ‘Maggie Simpson’ and did make Kurt the killer). Nightcrawler was one the only mutants willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, be civil to her in his presence and speak up for her in her absence.
    Even if Onslaught was involved it would be sketchy because it would have to then imply Kurt has been harboring I’ll will towards her deep down. Which isn’t improbable but nothing about his behaviour regarding the scarlet witch has ever indicated it, so it would come out of no where (again not going to be surprised if it did happen).

Onslught could have influenced Magneto though, the ‘Onslaught revelations book suggests that Xavier at least has been affected by him.