1 0.61%
  • The High Evolutionary

6 3.64%
  • Other (please specify)

28 16.97%
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The Axis retcon is coming down. The High Evolutionary was lying when he said they weren’t mutants. When Wanda is resurrected as a mutant, it will discredit the Pretender mythology of Krakoa. The Maximoffs will be made into X-Universe characters again, since the movie rights are no longer an issue.
    As long as Xavier has her updates (Cerebro was fooled) and Sinister has her DNA (you know he would keep it), she could be resurrected. I don't see why it would be different than the million Mutants that Wanda depowered who get brought back with their Mutant identity restored.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The Axis retcon is coming down. The High Evolutionary was lying when he said they weren’t mutants. When Wanda is resurrected as a mutant, it will discredit the Pretender mythology of Krakoa. The Maximoffs will be made into X-Universe characters again, since the movie rights are no longer an issue.
    They don't even need to say he was lying, they can just say when she said "No More Mutants" her powers made her seem like she wasn't one (similar to what I hope is going on with Franklin in FF).

Why is he not an option?
    glob.jpg
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

My out-there theory for this arc is that it will be revealed that Moira and Xavier were responsible for House of M (when Xavier was "caring" for her post-Dissassembled) because a significant portion of the Five came out of decimation (Hope, Tempus, and Goldballs are all direct results of Decimation or Wanda & Hope working together during AvX).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    My out-there theory for this arc is that it will be revealed that Moira and Xavier were responsible for House of M (when Xavier was "caring" for her post-Dissassembled) because a significant portion of the Five came out of decimation (Hope, Tempus, and Goldballs are all direct results of Decimation or Wanda & Hope working together during AvX).
    don't know if its that out-there of a theory. the way charles and moira are presented in this run could make it possible.
    they could do it so that brining magneto in on the plan made him different and that causes a butterfly effect with wanda that causes her to not just snap on her own so they force her to do it.

Spectacular Member

While I wasn't assuming the Trial of Magneto was going to be an actual courtroom trial (though the mini could ultimately still lead up to one), it appears that mini may take a more Fugitive-esque storyline. With how Magneto just up and vanished after his dance with the Scarlet Witch, he may be on the hunt to discover the truth, while being chased down by the whole world.

Did Magneto do the deed though?

It's hard to read where Magneto's intentions lie since writers sometimes write him within two modes. One mode is his extremist and self-serving personality, where he is a full-on supervillain and does anything to further his goals. I can totally see him killing Wanda only to just prove that she's really mutant, and the mini is just him trying to justify that.

Another mode he has, which has become more prevalent since post-House of M, is that he is a morally grey character, who acts at times like an older mentor. He still has his edge, and can still be a jerk at times, yet far more nuanced than his more straight-up supervillain persona.

Hickman's era of X-Men comics has lean more of his former mode, rather than his latter, having him show genuine moments of acting like a superhero. Even his brief appearance in Iceman's story in the Pride Anthology shows him being a more welcoming character, who empathizes with the struggles of a closeted Iceman.

But this really comes down to how Leah will write good old Mags. I'm assuming his characterization throughout the rest of the X-titles will remain at least somewhat consistent, so I have to assume he wasn't the one who did the dirty deed. Though, again, Magneto is very capable of doing really bad things in order to further his goal.

For who else I think it could be, I don't really have a strong opinion yet, especially since we have such little to go by. I kind of like the idea of Exodus doing it, because he's the one council member who hasn't really done much other than telling stories to children in the campfire, and I feel like him getting a seat in the council meant something important would happen with him. For motives, I don't know. Maybe he hates that Magneto is close with the pretender, and off her. Or maybe he's trying to help Mags out and kills her in order for her to get resurrected and be proven to be a mutant again.

There were enough real world counter parts represented at the Gala. Maybe it was Brian Michael Bendis.

Seriously though, I think it was Moira, less possibly Mystique or Exodus. I think the Trial Of Magneto will focus on Moria/Magneto will Inferno will focus on Mystique/Xavier.

I do agree with the theory that in real world reasoning, this is happening to reestablish that she and Pietro are both mutants. Or at least her.

What if it was Joseph who killed her?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    What if it was Joseph who killed her?
    Joseph was killed by Kwannon but honestly who knows at this point. Sinister has his clone farm so anything is possible.

I have zero evidence of this but I still think Wanda is the clone. I feel like this is too big of a moment to be placed on the last couple of pages of an ancillary book for it to be real Wanda. But I dunno.

EDIT: OK maybe it is really her...

Last edited by JB; 06-30-2021 at 02:20 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Joseph was killed by Kwannon but honestly who knows at this point. Sinister has his clone farm so anything is possible.

I have zero evidence of this but I still think Wanda is the clone. I feel like this is too big of a moment to be placed on the last couple of pages of an ancillary book for it to be real Wanda. But I dunno.
    But her death leads into a very huge and important mini-series, which will go into further details about her death and potential ressurection.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

For that to work shouldn’t the real wanda need to be a prisoner somewhere ?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by transformers03 View Post
    But her death leads into a very huge and important mini-series, which will go into further details about her death and potential ressurection.
    You're absolutely right. I don't know why I can't shake that theory out of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    For that to work shouldn’t the real wanda need to be a prisoner somewhere ?
    Yeah I guess it would. That's why I thought Raven might be involved but it doesn't really track.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Solicit for issue #2 says there's something wrong with the body, so it's possible it's not her. But I feel like that'd make it all so pointless.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Solicit for issue #2 says there's something wrong with the body, so it's possible it's not her. But I feel like that'd make it all so pointless.
    It would, not only that Marvel is now advertising Wanda's big death for the Trial of Magneto. It would be weird if it turned out to not be Wanda, though I guess that could just be misdirect advertising.

Honestly, we know so little, and we are going to need to wait until August for this story to continue. So until then we can only speculate and have discussions about it.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm now thinking that might be a reference to Wanda being a mutant after all?