• Mr. Sinister

1 0.61%
  • The High Evolutionary

6 3.64%
  • Other (please specify)

28 16.97%
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I'm now thinking that might be a reference to Wanda being a mutant after all?
    Most likely, yes. With her no longer "using" her powers to (possibly subconsciously) use her reality warping powers to warp and cover up her mutant genetics, the genes would be in their base form. A forensics autopsy with all the tools the X-Men have would likely detect that.

Which would track with Jordan's odd answer in this past X-Men Monday:

AIPT: X-Fans Griffin and Ann wanted to know if Wanda walked through a Krakoan gate without a flower to meet Magneto, which would imply she’s actually a mutant. Or maybe she just teleported? Also, if she stepped through a gate, wouldn’t X-Force have noticed?

Jordan: We did not show her going through a gate.

AIPT: She’s standing in front of a gate, or it looks like a gate, so people assume she stepped through a gate.

Jordan: Well, listen, we didn’t show her going through a gate, whether she went through a gate or not, I don’t know the answer because it’s not something we address, but I also don’t think it really makes a difference in the sense that, would X-Force know if she came from a gate? Yes. But I think the fact that she’s there means she was probably invited and she’s not a party crasher. She’s there because she was asked to be there. And so if X-Force saw that she was there, they would go, “Oh,” rather than attack her.

In addition, like you said, she could’ve teleported there, so that’s one possible explanation. And here’s another, did she walk through a gate? Yeah, maybe she did. Does that mean she’s a mutant? Well, you’d think the answer was “Yes.” Except, as we know, she was thought to be a mutant for many, many, many years. And she was thought to be a mutant by people who have technology developed specifically for identifying mutants.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Solicit for issue #2 says there's something wrong with the body, so it's possible it's not her. But I feel like that'd make it all so pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Most likely, yes. With her no longer "using" her powers to (possibly subconsciously) use her reality warping powers to warp and cover up her mutant genetics, the genes would be in their base form. A forensics autopsy with all the tools the X-Men have would likely detect that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Which would track with Jordan's odd answer in this past X-Men Monday:
    It's all adding up.

Of course, I totally expect there to be twists and turns, red herrings, and plot turns that most wouldn't be able to guess with the info we are given. I'm fully expecting there will be a new piece of information about this whole murder case that completely turns this whole storyline on its head.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Let's see which characters become huge hypocrites about Krakoas amnesty.

Wanda being a mutant would mean she's be speedily revived if only to avoid the shitstorm when Tommy's brother in law storms in with an Alliance fleet

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

As for the killer, I don't think it's Mystique at all: that's another story to be written by Hickman in Inferno. Frankly it wouldn't surprise me if the culprit was one of the younger mutants being indoctrinated by Exodus.

As for the killer, I don't think it's Mystique at all: that's another story to be written by Hickman in Inferno. Frankly it wouldn't surprise me if the culprit was one of the younger mutants being indoctrinated by Exodus.
    Would make sense but then it would have to a big one to be able to strangle her...if it is really her and not some duplicate.

Also if it is a duplicate, then there is no point in thinking she will be a mutant again will she? Because the real Wanda would still be alive and still not a mutant.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Joseph was killed by Kwannon but honestly who knows at this point. Sinister has his clone farm so anything is possible.

I have zero evidence of this but I still think Wanda is the clone. I feel like this is too big of a moment to be placed on the last couple of pages of an ancillary book for it to be real Wanda. But I dunno.

EDIT: OK maybe it is really her...

Astra's also previously cloned Joseph, maybe she orchestrated it.

Remember, for any murder these three need to add up:
    - Motive: the killer had to have a reason to want Wanda dead
    - Means: the killer would need to somehow overpower Wanda
    - Opportunity: the killer would need to be the chance to do it

I say it was Magneto.
    - Motive: he’s worked too hard to establish Krakoa and now Mars. The Kree/Skrull alliance’s loyalty depended upon it.
    - Means: he couldn’t overpower her, so he convinced her to allow herself to be killed; to be reborn as mutant. But will Krakoa’s mutants allow that to happen or will she be kept on ice waiting per protocols? Leah Williams hinted that Magneto isn’t one to suffer bureaucracy.
    - Opportunity: he lured her to Krakoa with Beast’s help and she took the bait

There’s something deliberate about the repeated art panels showing Magneto sitting after the gala with his helmet off. Perhaps that will somehow prove it was him all along (i.e. his helmet prevents telepathic intrusion).
    Last edited by HomoSuperior; 06-30-2021 at 06:35 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Magma did it in vengeance for the single appearance boyfriend who died in the volcano when Wanda took his powers.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

The helmet does prevent telepathic intrusion, that was a retcon made because of Fox movies but he also has very strong natural defenses agaisnt telepathy without it. I don´t think Wanda would agreed to this plan and Magneto doesn´t have reason to believe they are going to bring her back to life because she´s not supposed to be a mutant anymore but I can see him putting pressure on the five and Xavier to bring her back if she was killed which seems to be part of the solicits of issue #2 .
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-30-2021 at 08:31 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

WHoever it is probably to busy partying on KraKoa to care. Honestly why would there even be a trial....when you decapitate a dog to see if it's rabid are you put under arrest?
    GrindrStone(D)

whoever it is throw them a parade

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Wanda will be back by the end of the story anyway, I just hope this gives way to a good opportunity to explore the characters but I suspect we will only see a mystery story.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    The helmet does prevent telepathic intrusion, that was a retcon made because of Fox movies but he also has very strong natural defenses agaisnt telepathy without it. I don´t think Wanda would agreed to this plan and Magneto doesn´t have reason to believe they are going to bring her back to life because she´s not supposed to be a mutant anymore but I can see him putting pressure on the five and Xavier to bring her back if she was killed which seems to be part of the solicits of issue #2 .
    How can they bring her back if her mind was never part of the whole back up process? That alone negates her resurrection.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    There were enough real world counter parts represented at the Gala. Maybe it was Brian Michael Bendis.

Seriously though, I think it was Moira, less possibly Mystique or Exodus. I think the Trial Of Magneto will focus on Moria/Magneto will Inferno will focus on Mystique/Xavier.

I do agree with the theory that in real world reasoning, this is happening to reestablish that she and Pietro are both mutants. Or at least her.
    I won't lie Exodus has the motive and animus, but he has honour in spades, this killing looks like a sneak attack.I don't expect Exodus to strangle her and just hide.That is not his MO, he owns his actions and at the moment a telepath like him would know that Magnus wants her back on the island so to know that and kill her would be going against his liege.I think he would pass judgement on her definitely to be thrown in the pit or call for a public execution(by Magneto's own hand if he wanted to test Eric's allegiance and resolve) but I doubt he'd kill her in the bushes ,but possibly one of his students could but again for Wanda to be surprised by a kid she doesn't know it is a hard sell.I think it's Mystique ,she shapeshifted into Magneto and caught her unawares and strangled her, with the guise of Magneto it is less likely Wanda would fight back.Unless Magneto staged this and Wanda agreed that her death was temporary,I doubt it's Magneto.My money is on Mystique. I'll be stunned if it's Exodus honestly.
    Last edited by Rev9; 06-30-2021 at 11:22 PM.