1 0.61%
  • The High Evolutionary

6 3.64%
  • Other (please specify)

28 16.97%
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I sincerely hope they do not do that, it would make absolutely make no sense at all and it be purely for shock value (wouldn’t be surprised if they pulled a ‘Maggie Simpson’ and did make Kurt the killer). Nightcrawler was one the only mutants willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, be civil to her in his presence and speak up for her in her absence.
    Even if Onslaught was involved it would be sketchy because it would have to then imply Kurt has been harboring I’ll will towards her deep down. Which isn’t improbable but nothing about his behaviour regarding the scarlet witch has ever indicated it, so it would come out of no where (again not going to be surprised if it did happen).

Onslught could have influenced Magneto though, the ‘Onslaught revelations book suggests that Xavier at least has been affected by him.
    Agree about Kurt coming out of nowhere is a horrible idea, but so is pinning it on Onslaught.The appearance of onslaught seems to be too convenient at a time when Magnus and Xavier are being shady as hell.Suddenly with Onslaught they will not be themselves or have agency and so won't own their actions and machinations. I don't want writers pulling redemption out of their ass, we have life 11 for that.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I sincerely hope they do not do that, it would make absolutely make no sense at all and it be purely for shock value (wouldn’t be surprised if they pulled a ‘Maggie Simpson’ and did make Kurt the killer). Nightcrawler was one the only mutants willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, be civil to her in his presence and speak up for her in her absence.
    Even if Onslaught was involved it would be sketchy because it would have to then imply Kurt has been harboring I’ll will towards her deep down. Which isn’t improbable but nothing about his behaviour regarding the scarlet witch has ever indicated it, so it would come out of no where (again not going to be surprised if it did happen).

Onslught could have influenced Magneto though, the ‘Onslaught revelations book suggests that Xavier at least has been affected by him.
    I don’t for one moment, think that Kurt did it. However, I wouldn’t put it past someone to frame him.
    It would be a good way to sow further discord amongst the Quiet Council.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I don’t for one moment, think that Kurt did it. However, I wouldn’t put it past someone to frame him.
    It would be a good way to sow further discord amongst the Quiet Council.
    Well Mystique could frame him easily if telepaths or other powers reveal his form doing the deed but that is just beyond cold. I hope the investigation is thorough, they need to use time travellers, telepaths, Black Tom everything must be brought to the table before the culprit walks the plank.

Right now thinking about it the easiest and yet most ominous answer that could have far reaching consequences is to say Krakoa did it , by siphoning her life force(the marks on her throat was her feeling strangled and so clutching her own throat) the island killed 'the greatest mutant enemy' for the good of all mutants.This creates a problem in 3 ways

1.Unlikely Wanda will be resurrected
    2.Unlikely Krakoa will be punished(it can't)
    3.The future becomes precarious with Krakoa taking autonomous action-no one will feel safe

I doubt writers will accept such a culprit though.
    Last edited by Rev9; 07-02-2021 at 03:42 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Wanda will be back at the end of the Trial and she will be restored as a mutant and Magnetos daughter.
    And this is the real reason for this story. Now the 5 have to bring her back to life probing her a mutant and someone will examine her DNA proving she is a mutant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Well Mystique could frame him easily if telepaths or other powers reveal his form doing the deed but that is just beyond cold. I hope the investigation is thorough, they need to use time travellers, telepaths, Black Tom everything must be brought to the table before the culprit walks the plank.

Right now thinking about it the easiest and yet most ominous answer that could have far reaching consequences is to say Krakoa did it , by siphoning her life force(the marks on her throat was her feeling strangled and so clutching her own throat) the island killed 'the greatest mutant enemy' for the good of all mutants.This creates a problem in 3 ways

3.The future becomes precarious with Krakoa taking autonomous action-no one will feel safe

Wanda is going to be resurrected.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Wanda is going to be resurrected.
    But does the killer know that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post

I thought about Krakoa too but as someone mentioned the murder happened at the Gala on Mykines. Then again we do see some Krakoa trees there so who knows.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman813 View Post
    I think that the killer could be a drunken Nightcrawler who doesn't remember what he's done
    or it could be Onslaught which given the nature of his being part Magneto.
    I just realized that we don't know how long Onslaught might have been hiding out in Mercury's mind. I assumed Legion's mind-link drew his attention towards her, but once he had fled, he didn't need any help track down and possess Lost, who also appears to fit his prey preference. I guess it's possible he's been feeding off Mercury's negative emotions for a while already, and that the mind-link merely baited him into revealing himself, which might also explain why her thoughts appeared that consumed by anger and violence. If he took over before, she might not necessarily remember any of it.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I feel like if Onslaught or Kurt were involved this would be written by Si.

It's gonna be Peepers.
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

Astonishing Member

To play Devil’s advocate, there is a chance it was Magneto (to prove his commitment to Krakoa/‘mercy’ kill before someone else did), only to then find out there are shenanigans surrounding Wanda’s mutant turtles/parentage*

It’s not like he hasn’t brutally murdered offspring of his before (Pietro) or sanctioned their execution** (Wanda)

* Unless the QC want to toss him under the bus immediately to appease Billy, I don’t think Wanda unmutanting herself would make him go rogue. It would need to be shenanigans with Moira and Charles

** in which case Xavier trying to have the Avengers execute her suddenly becomes very suspicious

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I saw a great theory on these boards that when Wanda said "No more Mutants", it stopped her from being a mutant.
    Maybe that's what's wrong Wandas' body, it is a compromised mutant body influenced with chaos magic
    It's had chaos flowing through it since birth. Chaos magic flowing through her did not make her not a mutant. A spell could. But also this story could work out against all predictions.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Exodus. The story with the kids was a clue.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Exodus. The story with the kids was a clue.
    Exodus is… not a subtle bloke. He’d have been far more showy if he killed her

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Exodus is… not a subtle bloke. He’d have been far more showy if he killed her
    Truth, to kill in the shadows and sneaking away ain't his style.