• Mr. Sinister

1 0.61%
  • The High Evolutionary

6 3.64%
  • Other (please specify)

28 16.97%
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    They have to make her a mutant again and make her a main character. If not, that'll further cement her as the pretender and piss off X-fans.

Her becoming a mutant wouldn't make the storyline predictable. That depends on the ride. Tech all X-stories are predictable since we know ultimately the good guys win, but the ride is what matters.
    There will be x-fans still mad at her. They still were the first time she was killed off and for ten years while she was still a mutant and Mags' kid. Going through the crucible won't change that. It'll just create a copy of her.

It absolutely would make the story predictable. It's what everyone is expecting.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Spectacular Member

At this point do we really know that the body is even Wanda and not some trick. Could Wanda in fact have been abducted and being held prisoner somewhere, while the murder uses the murder and consequent trial is an elaborate ruse to hide the abduction.

After all the mutant resurrection protocols wouldn't work with Wanda as she is not considered a Mutant. That means that Xavier wouldn't have a mental backup even if they wanted to bring her back. Her inevitable return would have to be through a more magical means than mutant technology.

It's quite possible that it was someone else from the start. I don't remember if the clone from Magneto: Not a Hero ever died. Could be her. Could be a shapeshifter. We might not know for sure until December or somewhere close to that.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

CotA coming out with a late Gala issue centered around a shapeshifter is suspect to me, especially because we see Raven talking to Carmen. I have no idea what that would mean in terms of Wanda's death but it just added another element.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Yeah this Carmen girl seems way too small potatoes to be fucking with anyone from the Maximoff/Magnus side of Marvel, they'd all stomp her without powers.
    Last edited by Journey; 08-07-2021 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Since we're trying to cover all possibilities, maybe Mercury has repressed her dark side to the point it sometimes splits off to do its own thing.
    Imagine how efficiently Mercury could kill Wanda if the X-Men had ever managed to teach her the full scope of her shape-shifting potential. Show up disguised as someone Wanda trusts, attack her with Wanda not realizing she's fighting a magic-resistant metamorph, kill her, leave. You'd just need a logical way around Rachel and covering scents.

I'm not in love with Mercury's two story options this fall seeming to be either this story or whatever awful things happen with Onslaught.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    Imagine how efficiently Mercury could kill Wanda if the X-Men had ever managed to teach her the full scope of her shape-shifting potential. Show up disguised as someone Wanda trusts, attack her with Wanda not realizing she's fighting a magic-resistant metamorph, kill her, leave. You'd just need a logical way around Rachel and covering scents.

I'm not in love with Mercury's two story options this fall seeming to be either this story or whatever awful things happen with Onslaught.
    There is of course the issue of who would Wanda trust in a Krakoan stronghold after everyone has left?

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    There is of course the issue of who would Wanda trust in a Krakoan stronghold after everyone has left?
    True, there aren't many. Maybe Tommy arrived early enough to be used as a scapegoat? The timeline of some events throughout the month confuse me immensely.

Or Kurt! Who wouldn't trust a drunken Nightcrawler shambling his way toward you?

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Has anyone wondered what if Wanda is faking her death? What if she and a secret partner are setting a villain up or protecting a secret (maybe it's Moira-related)?
    I would love if we had a suprise panel showing Wanda alive with Moira as a part of a great plan

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    True, there aren't many. Maybe Tommy arrived early enough to be used as a scapegoat? The timeline of some events throughout the month confuse me immensely.
    I think right now Tommy is looking like the more innocent because he found her as well as his reaction to seeing her so it would make sense in a mystery story to point fingers towards him but that cover that shows him as well as Wanda, Pietro, Lorna and Billy as possible objectives makes it look like whoever killed Wanda is also making them all targets.

Or Kurt! Who wouldn't trust a drunken Nightcrawler shambling his way toward you?
    One part of me thinks this makes total sense, Kur is Kurt, who doesnīt love him even if heīs possesed by Onslaught? but another is like nooo, poor Kurt he has suffered enough in WoX already
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think right now Tommy is looking like the more innocent because he found her as well as his reaction to seeing her so it would make sense in a mystery story to point fingers towards him but that cover that shows him as well as Wanda, Pietro, Lorna and Billy as possible objectives makes it look like whoever killed Wanda is also making them all targets.

One part of me thinks this makes total sense, Kurt is Kurt, who doesnīt love him even if heīs possesed by Onslaught? but another is like nooo, poor Kurt he has suffered enough in WoX already
    Totally agree! But I think he’s an unknowing witness, not the killer.
    On the other hand, from a creating conflict point of view, he’s a good choice. Imagine the drama and the sides being taken.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I can see Storm, Kitty,Jean, Cyclops, Logan,Rogue, Colossus and Magik being on Kurt side, Lorna would have doubts not sure about Mystique while the rest of the Quiet Council would be trying to jail him, Charles would be like heīs one of my children but lest see what happened here really and while I could see Magneto being mad, he also knows Kurt would not have done it and if itīs made clear Kurt was possesed, I donīt think he would hold it agaist him and would try to more like bring Wanda back to life, which could piss off Exodus it would be like all the drama for everybody. The only one happy would be Sinister.

But in the end I think Kurt IS a witness but he may not remember it.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-07-2021 at 01:07 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Have we considered it could be accidental? Maybe our good sis pulled a 90's cartoon Jean & tripped on air & somehow strangled herself?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I can see Storm, Kitty,Jean, Cyclops, Logan,Rogue, Colossus and Magik being on Kurt side, Lorna would have doubts not sure about Mystique while the rest of the Quiet Council would be trying to jail him, Charles would be like heīs one of my children but lest see what happened here really and while I could see Magneto being mad, he also knows Kurt would not have done it and if itīs made clear Kurt was possesed, I donīt think he would hold it agaist him and would try to more like bring Wanda back to life, which could piss off Exodus it would be like all the drama for everybody. The only one happy would be Sinister.

But in the end I think Kurt IS a witness but he may not remember it.
    Like I said, drama, particularly staying by him, even if they know he’s ‘guilty’ (as in the person who did the act) either through Logan or Laura’s senses or Rachel’s chronoskimming.
    I can’t actually imagine any scenario where Logan/Ororo/Kitty/Peter/Jean wouldn’t stand by him, but the dramatic potential is huge (just think of Kitty’s reaction to Rachel if Rachel proved his guilt?) and could split the Council and the Captains.
    Last edited by Su_Whisterfield; 08-07-2021 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Have we considered it could be accidental? Maybe our good sis pulled a 90's cartoon Jean & tripped on air & somehow strangled herself?
    Or Krakoa as a suspect?
    Cortez’s ability to dampen or amplify powers has been stressed a lot in Way of X. And there’s still the power stripping (Chekov’s) gun out there.