6 3.64%
  • Other (please specify)

28 16.97%
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Maybe Onslaught is responsible?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It seems more in-character that Magneto's not in trouble for the death of Wanda, he's in trouble for revenge-killing whomever he thought (perhaps wrongly...)*did* kill Wanda...
    I can definitely see Magneto revenge killing whoever did this, or whoever he thought did this. This conversation was about him doing right by his children, the last conversation he had with Wanda and he would take on anyone.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Will there be a court trial in Trial of Magneto?

There are three definitions of trial:

1. a formal examination of evidence before a judge, and typically before a jury, in order to decide guilt in a case of criminal or civil proceedings.
    2. a test of the performance, qualities, or suitability of someone or something.
    3. a person, thing, or situation that tests a person's endurance or forbearance.

Will the other two definitions apply to Magneto in this series?
    Has anyone seriously considered the Trail is in fact refering to 3 in this context considering Eric said to Wanda he has failed his children?

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Alright I position a new theory for if it's Fabian Cortez:

Both Wanda and Magneto are the real deal, but eventually get separated at some point.

Fabian dresses as Magneto and sneaks into the Gala, using the spare Magneto helmet we see him try to use for kinky **** in Way of X to hide his brain from Cerebro. He does this to light a fuse between the humans and mutants since he clearly wants a war with rhem. Kills Wanda, then kills himself so that Cerebro never picks up his brain scan post murder, so any telepathic scan will clear him.

Astonishing Member

That seems rather well thought out for Fabian ‘tries plying oppression card against a Holocaust survivor’ Cortez

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Alright I position a new theory for if it's Fabian Cortez:

Both Wanda and Magneto are the real deal, but eventually get separated at some point.

Fabian dresses as Magneto and sneaks into the Gala, using the spare Magneto helmet we see him try to use for kinky **** in Way of X to hide his brain from Cerebro. He does this to light a fuse between the humans and mutants since he clearly wants a war with rhem. Kills Wanda, then kills himself so that Cerebro never picks up his brain scan post murder, so any telepathic scan will clear him.
    Nope.
    1. Fabian is alive and well to cause trouble in Stacy’s love nest the morning after the Gala.
    2. He’s not bright enough to come up with a plan that clever.

In what issue did Fabian Cortez have a replica helmet of Magnetos ?, just tracking back over things and I can't find it.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    In what issue did Fabian Cortez have a replica helmet of Magnetos ?, just tracking back over things and I can't find it.
    Way of X 3

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I mean I'm just a big fan of my "killer killed themselves as a memory cheat" theory. Especially with the focus on Prodigy exploiting blind spots in X Factor.

Though I guess the timing wouldn't fit unless he was working with someone to revive him fast. But he is from what I recall unaccounted for during the Gala

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I mean I'm just a big fan of my "killer killed themselves as a memory cheat" theory.
    It's an amazing sci-fi trope, when done right. The killer gets caught only after almost getting away with it, when it's finally proven that they did it, but that they don't remember it, because they managed to delete the memories. I've seen it in a cool Peter Hamilton novel, and in a Netflix sci-fi series, so it gets around. Plus, obviously, Angel Heart, but that wasn't sci-fi.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It's an amazing sci-fi trope, when done right. The killer gets caught only after almost getting away with it, when it's finally proven that they did it, but that they don't remember it, because they managed to delete the memories. I've seen it in a cool Peter Hamilton novel, and in a Netflix sci-fi series, so it gets around. Plus, obviously, Angel Heart, but that wasn't sci-fi.
    It's also really interesting if the crime wasn't premeditated and the killer takes their own life out of shock for what they've done, but are then restored from an earlier backup. Can you really hold the restored individual responsible for what their earlier version did, even though they themselves never did anything wrong and might never even have considered doing something illegal?
    Last edited by Starfish; 07-19-2021 at 05:34 AM.

Has anyone brought up the possibility that it could be Krakoa, the island itself? First it released some Poison Ivy-esque spores to hypnotize and immobilize Wanda and then vines shot up from the ground to strangulate her?

The motive could either be something from M-Day destroying multitudes of mutant lives that Krakoa could have siphoned power off or Wanda's current form being some weird chaos magic anomaly that needed to recreated as mutant.

Several people have brought it up. It'd be weird enough for comics but Wanda's chaos powers are not an anomaly. It's something that existed fine along side her mutant status for decades. She also doesn't need to be recreated as a mutant. Her stronger powers came from Chthon. Her being a mutant didn't do anything for her.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Several people have brought it up. It'd be weird enough for comics but Wanda's chaos powers are not an anomaly. It's something that existed fine along side her mutant status for decades. She also doesn't need to be recreated as a mutant. Her stronger powers came from Chthon. Her being a mutant didn't do anything for her.
    I'm going by what was mentioned about there being an anomaly with Wanda's corpse. Otherwise just revenge for M-Day works too as a motive for Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I'm going by what was mentioned about there being an anomaly with Wanda's corpse. Otherwise just revenge for M-Day works too as a motive for Krakoa.
    The anomaly is likely the corpse itself. Last time it was a doombot. We'll see what it is this time. Because her powers were definitely not that.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.