4 2.42%
  • Mr. Sinister

1 0.61%
  • The High Evolutionary

6 3.64%
  • Other (please specify)

28 16.97%
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Wanda is gaining popularity in the real world due to her MCU role. This should change the plans of the writers and they should use her more, not kill her off.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Wanda is gaining popularity in the real world due to her MCU role. This should change the plans of the writers and they should use her more, not kill her off.
    Yeah, but come on, if they cared about her MCU popularity then she would have been in an ongoing comic sometime since 2018. They've repeatedly said no to writers like Zub who pitched using her.

The degree of popularity she gained due to her show couldn't have been predicted, but they've known since 2018 that she would be one of the first MCU characters to star in her own limited series, and the only thing they came up with in response to that was "let's kill her off for a story about Magneto."

The only thing her show did was delay them killing her off until after it finishes. No one knows why, but Marvel editorial just does not want to use her.

Probably this overlaps a bit with the fact that the X-Men line has been the primary line under Cebulski, and the Avengers sloppy seconds*. They don't want to make a second Avengers book that she could be in, so Hickman's needs took priority, even if this may not be the form in which he was originally planning to do this story.

*Which is fine, because the reverse was true not long ago; it seems they don't have enough money and resources to treat all the lines equally, and the X-Men are undoubtedly a more popular comics franchise.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maximoffimpact View Post
    Your scenario is one I also thought of myself! Wanda has the magic skills to accomplish creating an illusion of herself. I even considered the possibility that the body is actually Wanda's, but her astral self is off somewhere with Magneto working behind the scenes on getting to the bottom of what is wrong with Krakoa. Her actual body may not be dead, but in a holding pattern for others to hopefully safeguard. Keep in mind that in Wanda's appearance on Genosha in the first X-Men tie-in of Empyre, it was mentioned that Wanda knew of a danger/mistake/threat on Krakoa that endangered everything on Krakoa. My theory is that Wanda in her meeting after the Hellfire Gala with Magneto, informed him of what she knew and teamed up on how to get to the bottom of it all by teaming up. Wanda has always had issues with Magneto (and Magneto knows it), but Magneto trusts Wanda's integrity as a hero in what she knows, why she is doing it, and the magical skills she has acquired. Keep in mind she saved his life from the Phoenix Force being used against him by one of the X-Men during the A vs X series - despite past her history with him . Add to that her investigative and magical skills she displayed in her most recent Scarlet Witch series when she got to the bottom of what had broken magic. Wanda personally solved various types of magic problems and displayed great magic skills and discipline in the use of that magic. Magneto realizes Wanda would be the best person who could unearth what are the hidden problems/issues facing Krakoa and its people. Unfortunately, because of Wanda's past actions which hurt and endangered the mutant community, any assistance from her would have to be on the down low. The mutant community does not know and trust Wanda as well as Magneto does, and because of her past actions would not trust her intentions, despite her abilities. Wanda on the other hand has always been big on the importance of family. When it was revealed during the Vision & Scarlet Witch that Magneto was their father, she did not reject him even though she had issues with him. Magneto after all did come to claim her and attempt to get her the help she needed when she had her LifeForce-induced breakdown that caused her to kill 3 of her Avengers teammates. He did that despite their bad history. Wanda has had to take that in account in balancing out her feelings and position regarding Magneto. I am sure she has had to reexamine where she is with him, eventually coming to the conclusion that they have become family due to various circumstances, and despite there not being a blood link to him. Looking forward (guardedly) to see how things unveil themselves.
    I really like this idea, it would be interesting if the story goes in this direction.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    You'd have to look at the skill set of somebody killing Wanda, she has fought many powerful super villains over the years so for somebody like Moira or Peepers to do it just doesn't make sense to me.
    Wanda kind of sucks in the "battle wary" skills. She has people like Cap around to tell her what's up.
    Peepers is a friend. Kindly Peepers who'd no one would suspect. Nice friend Peepers who Magneto would leave Wanda with while he went to fetch Charles after he danced with Wanda (per Way of X). EVIL PEEPERS who no one would suspect...but ME I suspect Peepers!
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    Wanda kind of sucks in the "battle wary" skills. She has people like Cap around to tell her what's up.
    Peepers is a friend. Kindly Peepers who'd no one would suspect. Nice friend Peepers who Magneto would leave Wanda with while he went to fetch Charles after he danced with Wanda (per Way of X). EVIL PEEPERS who no one would suspect...but ME I suspect Peepers!
    Okay I agree, Peepers is a good suspect.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Okay I agree, Peepers is a good suspect.
    Peeper should have seen the crime with his amazing vision, so it's suspicious as hell that he's keeping schtum. That said, there's no way this is going to be anything as boringly obvious as "Magneto did it to bring her back as a mutant".

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Peeper should have seen the crime with his amazing vision, so it's suspicious as hell that he's keeping schtum. That said, there's no way this is going to be anything as boringly obvious as "Magneto did it to bring her back as a mutant".
    I feel the same with Mystique, she is just way too obvious but then again I guess so was Wandas death
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Astonishing Member

It’ll be very awkward if Wanda ressurects herself

Chthon could do it. And would have an interest in resurrecting his avatar.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I wonder if Magneto is actually on trial for murder, or if it is because he abuses his position and resurrects Wanda without the council's permission.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I wonder if Magneto is actually on trial for murder, or if it is because he abuses his position and resurrects Wanda without the council's permission.
    That's what I've been thinking considering how much many on the island hate her.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

The situation with Gabby and Cable could have interesting implications if we relate them to the case of Wanda in Trial of Magneto, What if Magneto gives up his spot on the ressurrection line to get the 05 to ressurrect Wanda and breaks some internal law on Krakoa because the QC members are supposed to always have a spot there? add to this he probably will want to make an investigation on Wanda´s murder by himself and this could justify the tension between Magneto and the Quiet Council in the second issue of ToM .
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Well if he can revive her it's not murder (well, it is, but it's not illegal), and if he can't it's murder. And I don't think he'd technically need the council to bring her back, he'd just need the Five and a willing telepath

To be fair, Magneto already killed Pietro once. In fact, it's the reason Wanda snapped and pulled Decimation in the first place.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Do you hint that SWitch offed herself ,to find out how/if the protocols work? With her vast witchy powers ,say if she created a clone or astral projected her self as a disembodied spirit while watching what they do to her body..setting her up as a villain on recon mission because she wants to live as a non mutant ,but wants to know if being reborn as a mutant would let her astral side live on in pure spirit form and separate from her newly resurrected body pretty dope and twisted if she wanted to try that I'd admit.Doubtful she's that sneaky..
    No...I am just suggesting that Agatha Harkness shwacked her.