Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    You know, I really enjoyed King's Ransom. It felt like a nice "we're building up to something moment".
    Chameleon Conspiracy could have been a single issue to be honest, with it leading into Sinister War.
    What we really should have had was one last fun arc, maybe a fun team-up with Spider-Man and Black Cat or Miles as to go "Well, that was the end of a fun adventure, next the big stuff will go down".
    Instead what we got was filler disguised (pun intended) as an important arc.
    I know Spencer did a good job with Felicia and MJ and Gibbon was excellent, but the longer this goes on the more I miss Dan Slott and I quit on him after Silk. It seems like Spencer is throwing you know what against the wall and hoping it sticks. I am willing to bet ASM 801 ( which I read later on) turns out to be better then 874 ( I already know RYV and Spider Island were) and I have the overall Slott run a Grade of F. I will likely be doing the same for Spencer.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 06-30-2021 at 06:54 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I know Spencer did a good job with Felicia and MJ and Gibbon was excellent, but the longer this goes on the more I miss Dan Slott and I quit on him after Silk. It seems like Spencer is throwing you know what against the wall and hoping it sticks. I am willing to bet ASM 801 ( which I read later on) turns out to be better then 874 ( I already know RYV and Spider Island were) and I have the overall Slott run a Grade of F. I will likely be doing the same for Spencer.
    I doubt it.
    Spencer knows how to finish this imo.
    It's just the wait that's getting to everyone(me included).
    And it's over, now we get prelude and then we are on a role.
    We already know we will get like 4 sinister groups(Six, savage, syndicate and Boomerang).
    Boomerang is confirmed btw, Carlos gomez.
    Also all the Spiders.
    And the premiere and Mysterio and Carlie and Harry and Norman and Mephisto .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I doubt it.
    Spencer knows how to finish this imo.
    It's just the wait that's getting to everyone(me included).
    And it's over, now we get prelude and then we are on a role.
    We already know we will get like 4 sinister groups(Six, savage, syndicate and Boomerang).
    Boomerang is confirmed btw, Carlos gomez.
    Also all the Spiders.
    And the premiere and Mysterio and Carlie and Harry and Norman and Mephisto .
    Seems like a bloated mess. Giving me Last Remains vibes.

He cleaned up the queen cat mess.
    Brought back MJ and peter(slott did his best to drive them apart).
    Gave Kraven some semblance of closure as best it could be done.
    Gog was a great parallel to Spider-man's kid specially when he caught him and the inner monologue.
    There are a couple others

And OMD is the main thing.And it will be addressed imo.

And I agree, the title deserves better but it looks like it's going to get worse.
    Too much cleanup, not enough investing content in this run in my opinion.

(Gog will probably vanish after this run).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Seems like a bloated mess. Giving me Last Remains vibes.
    L.R. was good but bad 2 major problems.
    No answers and that it got disrupted.

This won't have those imo

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Too much cleanup, not enough investing content in this run in my opinion.

(Gog will probably vanish after this run).
    Agreed.
    It's more of a transition run.
    Beyond as an idea ruins that though.

L.R. was good but bad 2 major problems.
    No answers and that it got disrupted.

This won't have those imo
    It’s already off to a bad start because of the sheer number of characters involved. This is where Last Remains suffered. Just too many cooks. Last Remains had so much potential to be a true classic and fell short badly. The story was being advertised as finally having some answers and all we were left with was more padding.

This next story just seems like it’s going down the same path. So many questions, plot points unanswered and just way too many characters when in reality all we want is Mephisto, Mary Jane, Peter Parker and kindred. Sometimes less is more. Stick with what works and stop with all this unnecessary padding.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    It’s already off to a bad start because of the sheer number of characters involved. This is where Last Remains suffered. Just too many cooks. Last Remains had so much potential to be a true classic and fell short badly. The story was being advertised as finally having some answers and all we were left with was more padding.

This next story just seems like it’s going down the same path. So many questions, plot points unanswered and just way too many characters when in reality all we want is Mephisto, Mary Jane, Peter Parker and kindred. Sometimes less is more. Stick with what works and stop with all this unnecessary padding.
    Yeah if that was your problem with L.R. this is like that on steroids.

Agreed.But this is the end so answers are gaurenteed

OK, so now we know Therese is a chameleon having an identity crises.

Is this the first time we know that are more than one Chameleon? I never knew there were many of them.

I was waiting for Ned to be another chameleon, but it seems it's not the case.

I dunno... Spencer has been making things awfully convoluted for someone who is "cleaning up the house".

Incredible Member

i"m sure some fans will be happy with what this panel implies.

I don't like the idea that this story means any number of characters we know and love one day could just end up being a Chameleon the whole time if Marvel wants to backtrack on any story. UGH

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    OK, so now we know Therese is a chameleon having an identity crises.

Is this the first time we know that are more than one Chameleon? I never knew there were many of them.

I was waiting for Ned to be another chameleon, but it seems it's not the case.

I dunno... Spencer has been making things awfully convoluted for someone who is "cleaning up the house".
    The Mrs is Hispanic and watches Soap Operas on Univision. That is what Spencer’s run is reminding me of. Tune in tomorrow to see if the baby lives

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    i"m sure some fans will be happy with what this panel implies.
    Is there a face under that white mask or not. Also the possibility that Peter parents aren’t spies but still killed doesn’t really change anything
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I don't like the idea that this story means any number of characters we know and love one day could just end up being a Chameleon the whole time if Marvel wants to backtrack on any story. UGH
    You are right. What is next MJ Aunt May and Uncle Ben are Chameleons? Like that awful Jim Carradine movie The Truman Show
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 06-30-2021 at 08:23 AM.

Fantastic Member

I'm more wondering what was up with that Kindred/Chameleon interaction? Serum? Things get more and more confusing...