Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    You are right. What is next MJ Aunt May and Uncle Ben are Chameleons? Like that awful Jim Carradine movie The Truman Show
    Oh like how the animated show had that hydro clone of Mj and Peter didn’t realize that
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I dunno... Spencer has been making things awfully convoluted for someone who is "cleaning up the house".
    To add to your point:
    This Kindred thing has become super convoluted.
    Kraven being killed off by a clone and then replaced by said clone is convoluted. Especially since Kraven had plenty of kids that could have been utilized properly.
    The weird way Vermin was genetically multiplied adds nothing to the character except more clones.
    A school of Chameleons?
    Ned coming back because of Goblin formula is peak stupid and tiresome.
    Mary Jane being stupid enough to work with Mysterio is also pretty lame.

And those are the plots I remember. It just seems like this entire run is running too long and I have to go back and read some of the arcs again to get a hint of what i have forgotten already.

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    I'm more wondering what was up with that Kindred/Chameleon interaction? Serum? Things get more and more confusing...

Does chameleon has a special type of serum in his history? Maybe that how’s he makes his disguises

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    I'm more wondering what was up with that Kindred/Chameleon interaction? Serum? Things get more and more confusing...
    Is there a Chameleon serum I missed? Chameleon called Kindred Osborn so I doubt we will get another swerve and find it Kindred is NOT Harry. Who knows anymore

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Is there a Chameleon serum I missed? Chameleon called Kindred Osborn so I doubt we will get another swerve and find it Kindred is NOT Harry. Who knows anymore
    Or MJ could be a Chameleon while the Real MJ died in that plane crash during Byrne's run

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Or MJ could be a Chameleon while the Real MJ died in that plane crash during Byrne's run
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVVBNlteLPE

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    To add to your point:
    This Kindred thing has become super convoluted.
    Kraven being killed off by a clone and then replaced by said clone is convoluted. Especially since Kraven had plenty of kids that could have been utilized properly.
    The weird way Vermin was genetically multiplied adds nothing to the character except more clones.
    A school of Chameleons?
    Ned coming back because of Goblin formula is peak stupid and tiresome.
    Mary Jane being stupid enough to work with Mysterio is also pretty lame.

And those are the plots I remember. It just seems like this entire run is running too long and I have to go back and read some of the arcs again to get a hint of what i have forgotten already.
    I'm really curious to see how this ends up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm really curious to see how this ends up.
    We will find out soon based on the attack by the savage Six

Anyone now think the "genetically modified actress Aunt May" from ASM #400 could be one of these Chameleon's now?

I'm surprised Spencer didn't directly reference it in this issue as another one of his "clean ups".... lol.

BANNED

I wish the Spider-Office take a definite stand on Teresa, because this feels like Spencer was going to claim:

spoilers:
    That Teresa Parker isn't Peter's sister which quite obviously she is not. Obviously the Spider-Office don't believe it and most fans don't believe it.

And yet this issue pulled its punch. I felt that Spencer initially wanted to say once and for all Teresa wasn't her sister but then someone told Spencer to leave a tease and backdoor to punt it down. So now we have doubts raised about Zdarsky's Spectacular issue, the truth about Teresa is delayed and she's basically "a Wolverine" tantalized by clues about her mysterious past in search for her origins.

The one bit that's suggestive is the idea that Spencer drops is the idea that Peter's parents were accountants who were killed and replaced before. Which if it were accepted would solve a huge problem in Spider-Man lore and make Peter's parents what they should have been.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Anyone now think the "genetically modified actress Aunt May" from ASM #400 could be one of these Chameleon's now?

I'm surprised Spencer didn't directly reference it in this issue as another one of his "clean ups".... lol.
    Spencer just might take away JMS’s final ending ( OMD) as the worst in Spider-Man history. As much as I hate clones I detest these Chameleons even more. He will almost have to come up with a closing story as good as The Final Chapter ( ASM 33) in order to make up for “The Cleanups” Chameleon, Kindred, “Pathetic Parker”’and the “Damsel In Distress.” Do I expect it? Not in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post

Teresa is a chameleon(I think).Finisher has a school for them.It's all convoluted and no real answers are given, they say anything can be brainwashing or a lie.Left open ended.
    We do get a Brother-sister(if she is still that) moment.

Finisher says Teresa need the clairovoyant for answers, Spidey trusts her with it(Jamie gave it to him earlier) but she just destroys it, says she will go after the Foreigner.
    I don't know why they're complicating Teresa's relation with Peter even more. First in Family business they said the she is his sister, but then they said no and then they said maybe. Then on Zsdarsky's run on PPSSM he said that he is his sister, and now Spencer comes in and screws up everything by saying, once again, that she may or may not be his sister and leaving everything unanswered.

I think it heavily implies she is not his sister and is a Chameleon. I mean she remembers the other Chameleons.

I think this issue confirms to the readers she is not Peter's sister, but not to her character.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I wish the Spider-Office take a definite stand on Teresa, because this feels like Spencer was going to claim:

spoilers:
    That Teresa Parker isn't Peter's sister which quite obviously she is not. Obviously the Spider-Office don't believe it and most fans don't believe it.

And yet this issue pulled its punch. I felt that Spencer initially wanted to say once and for all Teresa wasn't her sister but then someone told Spencer to leave a tease and backdoor to punt it down. So now we have doubts raised about Zdarsky's Spectacular issue, the truth about Teresa is delayed and she's basically "a Wolverine" tantalized by clues about her mysterious past in search for her origins.

The one bit that's suggestive is the idea that Spencer drops is the idea that Peter's parents were accountants who were killed and replaced before. Which if it were accepted would solve a huge problem in Spider-Man lore and make Peter's parents what they should have been.
    end of spoilers
    I actually (want to) believe that Teresa and Peter are biological siblings because it adds something completely new to the Spider-Man mythos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tonga View Post
    I actually (want to) believe that Teresa and Peter are biological siblings because it adds something completely new to the Spider-Man mythos.
    The dead melodramatic trope of long-lost sister isn't "something new". It's a cliche belatedly added to Spider-Man.