Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    You never know… might be room for both of them in the present day ever-expanding X-men franchise. I still think there’s a big twist coming in the finale.
    I would be surprised if it doesn't end with some time travel shenanigans, honestly. Technically both are in the wrong timeline anyway and the TVA was mentioned today.

Also somebody on twitter told Duggan he's gonna miss Cable and the Cuckoos together and Duggan answered him that he will "dig the ending". Kid Cable and Esme go on a time travel adventure to his future or something like that

Amazing Member

Did I miss something? Why are they resurrecting old Cable without removing the techno-organic virus?

Read Cable #11. Or my review at the start of this thread. It’s kind of a weak explanation admittedly, but they give a reason for it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrap View Post
    Also somebody on twitter told Duggan he's gonna miss Cable and the Cuckoos together and Duggan answered him that he will "dig the ending". Kid Cable and Esme go on a time travel adventure to his future or something like that
    I'm sure Kid Cable's fiancee waiting for him in the future is going to love that.

Small gripe but I kinda wish Jean had been the one to resurrect Cable. There's a personal connection and that would have been more fitting

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Read Cable #11. Or my review at the start of this thread. It’s kind of a weak explanation admittedly, but they give a reason for it.
    I did read it. I didn't understand their "explanation" at all.

Also, Sophie Cuckoo doesn't want to date kid Cable because he'll just be sent back into the future without her. Fair enough. But they didn't have to resurrect old Cable back to an old man. Resurrect old Cable as a twenty something with old Cable's memories, then he can be presented to Sophie. Problem solved.
    Last edited by Yistaan; 06-30-2021 at 03:28 PM.

We also got see on panel how to five resurrect individuals with certain "add-ons".

The real explanation is that the robotic arm is part of his iconic look and when no explanation was given back when Karma was resurrected people lost their ****, so they put in a flimsy one here so people wouldn’t spend so much time mulling over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yistaan View Post
    I did read it. I didn't understand their "explanation" at all.

Also, Sophie Cuckoo doesn't want to date kid Cable because he'll just be sent back into the future without her. Fair enough. But they didn't have to resurrect old Cable back to an old man. Resurrect old Cable as a twenty something with old Cable's memories, then he can be presented to Sophie. Problem solved.
    What makes you think old ass Cable would want to date a young woman not too far removed from the age of his own teenage daughter? His body may be young but he himself is old with decades of experience. He doesnt have the same feelings for Sophie and to him, she was someone he was with like 40 years ago.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yistaan View Post
    Did I miss something? Why are they resurrecting old Cable without removing the techno-organic virus?
    Cable without the TO virus would be too powerful. Literally. That might be something that benefits the Krakoan Agenda but Hope would know how dangerous that could be for her dad.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    The real explanation is that the robotic arm is part of his iconic look and when no explanation was given back when Karma was resurrected people lost their ****, so they put in a flimsy one here so people wouldn’t spend so much time mulling over it.
    This pretty much. I appreciate Duggan's effort to address the topic right away though. I don't think we're getting anything further than that, but if you think about it, with the Phalanx coming for Earth as per Powers of X, it would make sense for someone with knowledge of the future like Nathan to want to know more about the techno-organic virus. There, a prettied-up headcanon.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    I'm sure Kid Cable's fiancee waiting for him in the future is going to love that.
    Damn. Forgot about that. Last we saw he was going back into the future with her at the end of Brisson’s X-Force. So either he’s a two-timing (or honestly six-timing) @$$hole or… something else is afoot? Hmm…

Amazing Member

I have some questions about today's issue. I'm not as familiar with a lot of modern X-lore so...

1: How are Magik and OG Cable acquainted? She was gone when he took over the New Mutants and created X-Force. Is there a series or story arc where they have interacted? Or are they familiar with each other because the OG has Kid Cable's memories?

2: Since when does Stryfe know magic? Especially a baby sacrifice ritual similar to Madeline Pyor's during OG Inferno. I know he has Belasco's spell book but has he done magic spells before?

Or is all of this just stuff that happen off the page in the background type of things?
    Last edited by Damien; 06-30-2021 at 06:22 PM.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Small gripe but I kinda wish Jean had been the one to resurrect Cable. There's a personal connection and that would have been more fitting
    Honestly, the Summers/Grey familial connections are severely lacking even in this era no writer really commits to forging real connections between these characters. Duggan and Hickman has done a little work on that front but for the first time ever all these characters are alive and together and I thought they'd intersect in more meaningful ways, alas.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    I have some questions about today's issue. I'm not as familiar with a lot of modern X-lore so...

1: How are Magik and OG Cable acquainted? She was gone when he took over the New Mutants and created X-Force. Is there a series or story arc where they have interacted? Or are they familiar with each other because the OG has Kid Cable's memories?

2: Since when does Stryfe know magic? Especially a baby sacrifice ritual similar to Madeline Pyor's during OG Inferno. I know he has Belasco's spell book but has he done magic spells before?

Or is all of this just stuff that happen off the page in the background type of things?
    1: By reputation

2: Everything involving Stryfe happens off panel, not just in this storyline but like every storyline with him