Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Honestly, it was never explicitly stated to my recollection. Just implied. And that was decades ago. Probably best to just forget about it honestly, rather than make a modern issue out of something that was never shown on panel or even explicitly stated in the distant past.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psimitar View Post
    Maybe Aliya gets tired of waiting and hooks up with someone else. As I recall, Tyler was Jenskot's kid but not Cable's by blood so Aliya clearly hooked up with someone else as some point in time.
    I feel bad for Aliya really. They were in a relationship when he supposedly came back to the past again. Which means that when he gets back to about when he left, she will have had no time t learn move on or grow without him. While he has been living the life of a Chad and dating up a storm. That feels gross and un-Cable-like to me. Another reason why I think this Kid Cable in Krakoa is a Stryfe clone they thought didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I feel bad for Aliya really. They were in a relationship when he supposedly came back to the past again. Which means that when he gets back to about when he left, she will have had no time t learn move on or grow without him. While he has been living the life of a Chad and dating up a storm. That feels gross and un-Cable-like to me. Another reason why I think this Kid Cable in Krakoa is a Stryfe clone they thought didn't work.
    I mean he'd still be a Cable clone and given how thats been reconceptualized in the Krakoan era, Cable in every way that counts just like all the other clones running around on the island

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yistaan View Post
    I hope this gets retconned to be honest, we really don't need any more female characters getting attacked in comic books. This kid Cable story is the best place to do it. Cable was always Tyler's dad, but because kid Cable gets his memory wiped and doesn't remember sleeping with Aliya, she and the rest of Clan Chosen tell him that Stryfe attacked her to preserve the timeline, ironically making Cable hate Stryfe for something Stryfe didn't actually do.
    It kind of has been, X-Men Legends Vol 1 2 includes a Summers Family Tree that explicitly makes Tyler the son of Cable and Aliya - but until mentioned in a comic, we can really only take that as soft-canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    It kind of has been, X-Men Legends Vol 1 2 includes a Summers Family Tree that explicitly makes Tyler the son of Cable and Aliya - but until mentioned in a comic, we can really only take that as soft-canon.
    that Family Tree had some inaccuracies so I wouldnt take it as full canon either

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I mean he'd still be a Cable clone and given how thats been reconceptualized in the Krakoan era, Cable in every way that counts just like all the other clones running around on the island
    I just find it morally reprehensible and below Nathan Summers (at any age previous to Krakoa) to cheat on a partner. If WiFi from Extermination is in the future with Aliya, then it's fine as this isn't actually happening. As this is a clone of a clone of sorts. But if the idea is that Wifi left his girlfriend in a future and now is in the past having multiple relationships while she is essentially frozen in time because he can on Krakoa, that doesn't excuse the actions or behaviour. Krakoa isn't a "what happens in Krakoa stays in Krakoa" type thing if you are in the middle of a relationship. That's my issue with this.

I just find it morally reprehensible and below Nathan Summers (at any age previous to Krakoa) to cheat on a partner. If WiFi from Extermination is in the future with Aliya, then it's fine as this isn't actually happening. As this is a clone of a clone of sorts. But if the idea is that Wifi left his girlfriend in a future and now is in the past having multiple relationships while she is essentially frozen in time because he can on Krakoa, that doesn't excuse the actions or behaviour. Krakoa isn't a "what happens in Krakoa stays in Krakoa" type thing if you are in the middle of a relationship. That's my issue with this.
    Its been mine too ever since he came and stayed, but I dont think Marvel views that or cares. If he does go back to the future in the next issue, its not any fallout that they will have to tackle and I dont see fans holding it against the older Cable

Well, to be fair, Cable's future is one with low life expectancy due to constant war. Perhaps monogamy just isn't something they care much about?

Just to offer an alternative view that might excuse Kid Cable's behavior, should he indeed end up being really a younger version of Cable and not a Stryfe clone as has been theorized. Can't exactly apply 21st Century morals to a society in the 40th Century.

Amazing Member

I agree that it is bad, but it's far from the worst thing Cable has ever done. In the 1990s X-Force was labeled a criminal group because of Cable's extremist methods. Kid Cable made his arrival by killing his older self, which even if he views it as "suicide" and thus not technically illegal, knew full well how much pain this was going to cause his parents and Hope. Cable also resurrected Apocalypse during Decimation just because he could, which resulted in Gambit and Sunfire getting turned into horsemen, among other horrible things.

I highly doubt kid Cable is Stryfe, he has the techno-organic virus not to mention he actually went head to head against kid Stryfe in an earlier arc. I kind of think Stryfe would recognize if kid Cable was a clone of him (a clone of a clone?) and not his actual archenemy.

I think kid Cable rationalizes it that he and Aliya are already destined to have a long marriage anyway (as he knows his older self's history), so he might as well have his fun with other women while he can. That doesn't condone his actions or make them right, but in kid Cable's mind he probably thinks he's not causing Aliya any permanent harm, and they haven't married yet. As I said, it's far from the worst thing Cable's done.

I agree that it is bad, but it's far from the worst thing Cable has ever done. In the 1990s X-Force was labeled a criminal group because of Cable's extremist methods. Kid Cable made his arrival by killing his older self, which even if he views it as "suicide" and thus not technically illegal, knew full well how much pain this was going to cause his parents and Hope. Cable also resurrected Apocalypse during Decimation just because he could, which resulted in Gambit and Sunfire getting turned into horsemen, among other horrible things.
    Yeah, Cable at one point was designated a terrorist by SHIELD and actively hunted by them as well as Department K in Canada. Both had entire task forces dedicated to him! He was a bad mofo, no doubt. Since then he's softened some... but not much.

I highly doubt kid Cable is Stryfe, he has the techno-organic virus.
    Does he? Have we ever seen him display the T-O virus in this series? Have we even seen his metal arm once throughout the past 11 issues? Or in any of his appearances since he showed up on Krakoa after House of X/Powers of X? The last we saw of his T-O virus or metal limb to my recollection was back in the Ed Brisson X-Force series, at the end of which he went back to the future with Aliyah. I find that very, very curious. Don't you?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah, Cable at one point was designated a terrorist by SHIELD and actively hunted by them as well as Department K in Canada. Both had entire task forces dedicated to him! He was a bad mofo, no doubt. Since then he's softened some... but not much.

Does he? Have we ever seen him display the T-O virus in this series? Have we even seen his metal arm once throughout the past 11 issues? Or in any of his appearances since he showed up on Krakoa after House of X/Powers of X? The last we saw of his T-O virus or metal limb to my recollection was back in the Ed Brisson X-Force series, at the end of which he went back to the future with Aliyah. I find that very, very curious. Don't you?
    Good point, although if Stryfe is really going around as kid Cable and the worst thing he's done is have consensual dates with various women at the same time, that just seems really... underwhelming. And why would Stryfe demand the resurrection of old Cable?

The Apoth wraith kidnapped and tried to use him in Fallen Angels bc he had technology inside him, making Cable a machine/man hybrid

Amazing Member

Kid X-Men, Kid Cable, I'm surprised they haven't unleashed Kid Wolverine on us yet, complete with bone claws. Grab him from that mining town he was in during Origin, then have him kill old Dog Logan, who's still at large after going through the Siege Perilous.

Astonishing Member

Yeah we have. In the SWORD tie in issue after he was taken over by Knull. His bodyslide technology resided in his metal arm Frenzy ripped it off.

Kid X-Men, Kid Cable, I'm surprised they haven't unleashed Kid Wolverine on us yet, complete with bone claws. Grab him from that mining town he was in during Origin, then have him kill old Dog Logan, who's still at large after going through the Siege Perilous.
    They did. His name is Jimmy Hudson and he sort of dissapeared? I mean, technically not a time traveling Logan but he fit the build nonetheless.

This issue of Cable was great though. Glad to have Old Cable back even if I have warmed up a lot to WiFi. Happy for Jackroaw21, you waited long enough.