Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mighty Member

So now we have two Cables in the same timeline? Is this realistic?

Then we will have two Scott, two Jeans etc which cause the same conundrum problem as the younger O5 right?
    Last edited by ericng; 07-01-2021 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post

Then we will have two Scott, two Jeans etc which cause the same conundrum problem as the younger O5 right?
    I dunno, what examples of this sort of thing do we have from reality?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post

Only kind of. The future that Cable is from is malleable, it changes based on the present day and I'm assuming Cable's history will adapt accordingly. But the point is, it's in the future. It hasn't happened yet. O5 were from the past and so they threatened the present.

Extraordinary Member

What are the chances old Cable becomes Gorgon's replacement captain?

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    So he and Bishop can be weird around each other?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    i could see him taking a council seat honestly. he often takes a leadership role in mutant groups. didn't he also have a floating island that he was the leader of?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    1: By reputation

2: Everything involving Stryfe happens off panel, not just in this storyline but like every storyline with him
    Thanks I figured as much but I wanted to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Damn. Forgot about that. Last we saw he was going back into the future with her at the end of Brisson’s X-Force. So either he’s a two-timing (or honestly six-timing) @$$hole or… something else is afoot? Hmm…
    Maybe Aliya gets tired of waiting and hooks up with someone else. As I recall, Tyler was Jenskot's kid but not Cable's by blood so Aliya clearly hooked up with someone else as some point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Psimitar View Post
    Maybe Aliya gets tired of waiting and hooks up with someone else. As I recall, Tyler was Jenskot's kid but not Cable's by blood so Aliya clearly hooked up with someone else as some point in time.
    The implication was that Stryfe was his father because he pretended to be Cable and slept with his wife at some point, the bastard. Can’t remember what issue that was from, but it was implied at some point in the early 90s I believe.

Great profile pic, by the way. Really hoping they bring Brolin back as Cable in Deadpool 3… but would be fun to make him the MCU version obviously, with fully gray/white hair and even using CGI and/or camera angles to look taller/bigger, which Deadpool could comment on for comedic effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I dunno, what examples of this sort of thing do we have from reality?
    Iceman comes to mind, back when there was a teen version of him from the past and his adult self both running around at the same time for years in the X-books.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 07-01-2021 at 05:33 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Only kind of. The future that Cable is from is malleable, it changes based on the present day and I'm assuming Cable's history will adapt accordingly. But the point is, it's in the future. It hasn't happened yet. O5 were from the past and so they threatened the present.
    Every future is someone's present. The Marvel Time Line is supposed to be very set in stone. One cannot go back in time and change events in their timeline's present. The O5 coming to the future always should have caused a split timeline, so those O5 would have been from this new timeline while the 616 O5 never would have left.

Of course Marvel went and broke their rules that were put there for a very good reason (so people would not tell bad stories).

Assuming these are the same Cable, we could of course not worry about specific events from the future(s) Cable has lived in, but the problem becomes Cable himself. Cable either did certain things or he did not. His old version is a result of his entire life. If his young version takes a different path, he can no longer result in the old version. So we are still in the same problem, young Cable has to go on and live the same life old Cable did.

That said, there have been plenty of stories with multiple Cables existing at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Assuming these are the same Cable, we could of course not worry about specific events from the future(s) Cable has lived in, but the problem becomes Cable himself. Cable either did certain things or he did not. His old version is a result of his entire life. If his young version takes a different path, he can no longer result in the old version. So we are still in the same problem, young Cable has to go on and live the same life old Cable did.
    This is really the issue that I see, and have seen from the beginning of this whole Kid Cable saga, ever since Brisson introduced him in Extermination. It’s why I’m rooting for him to have been replaced by a Stryfe clone at some point, as Belle may have hinted at this issue, if he’s going to stick around.

It would be kind of tragic for all involved, and especially Kid Cable (or Kid Stryfe, whatever) and Cyclops, to learn that he’s not the original… however, the feelings they have for each other are genuine. So I can see some moment where they hug and address this, with Scott (and Jean) saying that it doesn’t change how they feel about him and he’s a real person to them (or something like that). Meanwhile, their actual son, OG Cable talks about what great parents they already were to him in the future (see Adventures of Cyclops & Phoenix) and how he’s in good hands, and then goes off into space on whatever adventure he’s about to have in Cable: Reloaded.

This is really the issue that I see, and have seen from the beginning of this whole Kid Cable saga, ever since Brisson introduced him in Extermination. It’s why I’m rooting for him to have been replaced by a Stryfe clone at some point, as Belle may have hinted at this issue, if he’s going to stick around.

It would be kind of tragic for all involved, and especially Kid Cable (or Kid Stryfe, whatever) and Cyclops, to learn that he’s not the original… however, the feelings they have for each other are genuine. So I can see some moment where they hug and address this, with Scott (and Jean) saying that it doesn’t change how they feel about him and he’s a real person to them (or something like that). Meanwhile, their actual son, OG Cable talks about what great parents they already were to him in the future (see Adventures of Cyclops & Phoenix) and how he’s in good hands, and then goes off into space on whatever adventure he’s about to have in Cable: Reloaded.
    You might as well go on and write the issue

Quote Originally Posted by Psimitar View Post
    She’s in the future so not really waiting. Cable can return to the moment at which he left her

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    You might as well go on and write the issue
    Ha. Yeah, ever since I saw this theory (and went back and looked at that moment in X of Swords where he cuts his thumb on his left hand, and Apocalypse notices) I’ve thought about it and wondered if it was just a mistake or there’s more to it than that. Combine that with both comments Gerry Duggan has made on Twitter and Belle’s remarks about Stryfe trying to insert a clone who is Kid Cable’s age into mutant society in this issue and it feels like it may be a twist that’s coming in the finale. Of course, if that’s the case, then surely Kid Cable knew he was a clone since he didn’t have a T-O arm, for one thing. Plus adult Cable appearing to remember things Kid Cable has experienced in this series (the nuke). Those things seemingly contradict this theory. So who knows? I wish it was late July already.

Amazing Member

The implication was that Stryfe was his father because he pretended to be Cable and slept with his wife
    I hope this gets retconned to be honest, we really don't need any more female characters getting attacked in comic books. This kid Cable story is the best place to do it. Cable was always Tyler's dad, but because kid Cable gets his memory wiped and doesn't remember sleeping with Aliya, she and the rest of Clan Chosen tell him that Stryfe attacked her to preserve the timeline, ironically making Cable hate Stryfe for something Stryfe didn't actually do.