Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Great issue, as i predicted before i think both cables are here to stay and it will be a reverse o5 situation.
    This certainly could be the case since OG Cable admitted that he constantly messes with the timeline. I'm also genuinely happy for the OG Cable fans. I know y'all been waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I'm not.

Which isn't because i dislike the OG Cable returning (not a big fan, just respect the character and what can be done with him by good writers), but primarily because i feel like they tried to manipulate us into cheering for fixing a mistake they not only created themself but then dragged out too long.

To me it feels like if the sales weren't decreasing so heavily, they would have stretched out this young Cable for as long as possible, because they still thought enough people would like him. But knowing not enough people did they had the exist stragegy ready all along, but could have easily dismissed it if sales would have proven them right instead.

Since the storyline he was introduced in, young cable had all the marking of the stereotypical "younger and hipper replacement version" character, which reminded me to that brief time DC replaced Lobo with a similar version (the same kind of new version killing the "lame" old version scene even) and in both accounts it failed to catch on with enough of the buying audience while also angering the fans of the original version.

But instead of admitting the mistake and fixing it quickly, they dragged it out and now seem to expect getting praise for doing so.

Which is a problem that seems to have been around Marvel leadership for a long while. Instead of admitting to their mistakes narratively, characterization or continuity wise, they drag things out until people are just happy the problem goes away.
    While there have been several successfull examples of writers and editors making the best out of a mistake, hence not requiring to admit, often enough they just made it worse and acted as if everything was fine.

So i'm not cheering, i'm not hyped for OG Cable, i just nod and expect them to do better in the future with him.
    My thoughts exactly, plus i do not like the art style that has been used in this series at all and seeing OG Cable with it is just jarring.

Don't know what they plan to do with him after this though, but when Hickman's run started we do have him in that cover holding some odd looking gun so he may be part of Hickman's endgame plans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    My thoughts exactly, plus i do not like the art style that has been used in this series at all and seeing OG Cable with it is just jarring.

Don't know what they plan to do with him after this though, but when Hickman's run started we do have him in that cover holding some odd looking gun so he may be part of Hickman's endgame plans.
    Why is it jarring now? Old Man Cable has been in the series from issue 1

This was kind of sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Thanks, man. And I don’t even mind if the Kid version sticks around for those who have grown to like him. I’m starting to suspect that he might, but that perhaps he’s not actually Cable… like I said above, Belle’s throwaway line about Stryfe trying to insert a clone into mutant society who was his present age was a bit suspicious. Felt important.
    Kid Cable brings a nice family dynamic to the Summers that feels for authentic and for that I wouldn't mind him sticking around... its a breath of fresh air. I prefer OG Cable, but I actually wouldn't mind Kid Cable lasting throughout Hickman's era at least.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post

That odd looking gun was the power nullifier gun that Forge created which took Storm’s powers away decades ago. I believe it’s there for a reason and have my theory about it, and it involves Moira and Cable using it on her so that no one can kill her and thus erase the current timeline and Krakoan “Reign of X” era. Guess we’ll see…

That odd looking gun was the power nullifier gun that Forge created which took Storm’s powers away decades ago. I believe it’s there for a reason and have my theory about it, and it involves Moira and Cable using it on her so that no one can kill her and thus erase the current timeline and Krakoan “Reign of X” era. Guess we’ll see…
    If its used on Moira, than she can safely be killed without the fear of the current lifeline being reset

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    If its used on Moira, than she can safely be killed without the fear of the current lifeline being reset
    Bingo.

LOVED IT! This was the best panel

Couldn’t agree more. This gave me all the feels and I immediately hugged my daughter, as I used to read her the Duane Swiercynski Cable series when she was little and she loved the time traveling adventures of Daddy Cable protecting his daughter, with them trapped in the timestream and forced to jump forward to keep her safe from harm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    This certainly could be the case since OG Cable admitted that he constantly messes with the timeline. I'm also genuinely happy for the OG Cable fans. I know y'all been waiting.
    Man, after watching Loki on Dis+ I would love to see some Cable run-ins with the TVA.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I genuinely thought of you when that rebirth scene popped up. I was like oh man that OG Cable lover is going to love this.
    Thanks, man.

Thanks, man. And I don’t even mind if the Kid version sticks around for those who have grown to like him. I’m starting to suspect that he might, but that perhaps he’s not actually Cable… like I said above, Belle’s throwaway line about Stryfe trying to insert a clone into mutant society who was his present age was a bit suspicious. Felt important.
    It is funny Kid Cable debuted trying to undo the Kid O5 and the Current O5 from continuing to exist at once but now we have both Cables existing at once alongside Stryfe.

Time Travel!

Speaking of TVA, I thought that was some made up thing for D+. I didnt realize it was in the comics

Speaking of TVA, I thought that was some made up thing for D+. I didnt realize it was in the comics
    Oh yeah. Cable and Deadpool have had run-ins with them in the past.

Im really hoping Cable goes more towards SWORD / cosmic / Storm friendship adventures and NOT X-Force with Deadpool.

I haven't been liking X-Force since after the first arc. Le sigh.

And Al Ewings writing is just MUAH *chefs kiss*

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Im really hoping Cable goes more towards SWORD / cosmic / Storm friendship adventures and NOT X-Force with Deadpool.

I haven't been liking X-Force since after the first arc. Le sigh.

And Al Ewings writing is just MUAH *chefs kiss*
    Ewing confirmed that Cable factors into their space plans in an interview fairly recently, so I’d expect him to appear in SWORD.

I'm going to miss one of my favorite mutant series. Oh well. I already knew that Kid Cable wouldn't last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I'm going to miss one of my favorite mutant series. Oh well. I already knew that Kid Cable wouldn't last forever.
    You never know… might be room for both of them in the present day ever-expanding X-men franchise. I still think there’s a big twist coming in the finale.