Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

I wish they let her go up to issue 12 and just had a guest artist help finish and have it release twice in a month. I think it could have finished better that way.

Although i would have liked for her to be give 6 more issues. That definitely would have been a no go.

All I know is that the Academy X kids better not be cool with this idea of Wanda being brought back. They had to watch their friends die because they were left powerless rounded up in a bus to be targeted by the mutant hate group the Purifiers

There is no way that Surge and Hellion will be cool with the idea that she gets brought back to life when they just now got their dead friends back.

Honestly there is a lot with that generation that is not being explored that should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    All I know is that the Academy X kids better not be cool with this idea of Wanda being brought back. They had to watch their friends die because they were left powerless rounded up in a bus to be targeted by the mutant hate group the Purifiers

There is no way that Surge and Hellion will be cool with the idea that she gets brought back to life when they just now got their dead friends back.
    Please, the New X-men only ever come up to prop up someone else, the only time we saw them in full was when they brought back Sofia.

Marvel threw them away and won't try to bring them back in a meaningful way.

Also first they would need to justify why they would bring Wanda back when as of now she ain't a mutant, because as you said, a lot of people on the island hated her and there is no logical reason to bring her back, mutant or no, and not address the reaction of the inhabitants to her return over all the others who are still waiting to be brought back.

She should be behind everyone in the resurrection queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Please, the New X-men only ever come up to prop up someone else, the only time we saw them in full was when they brought back Sofia.

Marvel threw them away and won't try to bring them back in a meaningful way.

Also first they would need to justify why they would bring Wanda back when as of now she ain't a mutant, because as you said, a lot of people on the island hated her and there is no logical reason to bring her back, mutant or no, and not address the reaction of the inhabitants to her return over all the others who are still waiting to be brought back.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    She should be behind everyone in the resurrection queue.
    Which is why if she gets brought back because Magneto says so they should be angry because there is an Academy X student who is a pre cog named Preview who died in the bus attack that I just brought up. So not only is the cause of their friends death being brought back she is being brought back before they brought all the Academy X students back pffff Surge isn't having that

Emma owes Magneto a favour after he brokered the deal with Namor to buy the Island for the Hellfire Gala.

I'd imagine he might ask for her vote to push Wanda up the list.

Exodus is a no
    Mystique is a no as Destiny is prioritised.

He's need six and Emma owns Shaws vote. So that's three, if you add Just thats 4.

Emma owes Magneto a favour after he brokered the deal with Namor to buy the Island for the Hellfire Gala.

Exodus is a no

He's need six and Emma owns Shaws vote. So that's three, if you add Just thats 4.
    Nightcrawler's goody two shoes self will vote yes

Kate will vote yes since she just died and would want someone to bring her back

Sinister will vote yes just to piss off everyone and maybe get a DNA sample

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Nightcrawler's goody two shoes self will vote yes

Kate will vote yes since she just died and would want someone to bring her back

Sinister will vote yes just to piss off everyone and maybe get a DNA sample
    Why would he need a DNA sample? Wanda can only be resurrected if he already has her DNA

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why would he need a DNA sample? Wanda can only be resurrected if he already has her DNA
    Magneto will let him have the sample in exchange for his vote

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

My thoughts on X-Factor #10....

I think that the last issue of Leah’s X-Factor would make more sense if instead of Prodigy, it should be Aurora (and with the help of Daken) tracking down her killer. In the 1st issue, Aurora was murdered by a mutant-hating man who sabotaged her car by removing the brakes to make it look like a car accident. Northstar can also be added as Aurora’s conscience who arrives at the last minute and he stops her from killing the murderer.

The part about Prodigy tracking down his killer was out-of-nowhere and not to mention, insensitive since he’s an LGBT POC. The mystery about Prodigy’s death (which got him revived and repowered in the 1st issue) should have been resolved with him being the depowered mutant who fought with his friend of Academy X he had chosen (with consent) in the Crucible ritual. The friend he chooses as his opponent can be Hellion, Surge or anyone of Academy X. Then, during his resurrection (and repowered), his friend hugs him and apologizes to Prodigy for “killing” him in the ritual.

As for the murder of Scarlet Witch, it shouldn’t have been in the last X-Factor issue. Instead, the ‘Trial of Magneto’ storyline can start with Prodigy, Eye-Boy and the mutants finding Scarlet Witch’s body, that’s how the speculation of the Whodunnit starts. Or maybe, Scarlet Witch’s death shouldn’t be written at all.

Thoughts?
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

Exodus is a no

I disagree on the basis that Frost had to endure that many students dying on her watch and i doubt any favor owed would make her forget that as well as not seen their people turn on the council because they brought her back ahead of everyone else.

Shaw would only vote yes if he sees a benefit to it. And if he thinks that having the populace turn against them not worth it, he won't do it no matter who beats him up or hell he may say no just to spite people because he got beat up or will say yes only if they guarantee to bring back that woman he cares about.

Kitty and Kurt would say yes.

Ororo (if she even is still on the council), i can't say for certain with her, if it was the Ororo before Hickman i would believe that she would but this version of her? I think she is capable of saying no.

Raven is obvious that out of pure spite fro Lensherr she would vote no.

Exodus has spent his nights indoctrinating the youths with hatred for her, so no.

Sinister is 50/50, if he sees value in getting a DNA sample from something the High Evolutionary created then he would vote yes but if he sees no value in it he votes no.

Xavier is a yes unless he wants to risk breaking his alliance with Lensherr.

We also have to remember that Krakoa itself may have a vote and we have no clue how it would vote as well.

And if they do bring her back and she is "restored" as a mutant, what happens then? I mean i for one would like to see some major ramifications and not have this brushed aside before Inferno happens.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchFox View Post
    My thoughts on X-Factor #10....

I think that the last issue of Leah’s X-Factor would make more sense if instead of Prodigy, it should be Aurora (and with the help of Daken) tracking down her killer. In the 1st issue, Aurora was murdered by a mutant-hating man who sabotaged her car by removing the brakes to make it look like a car accident. Northstar can also be added as Aurora’s conscience who arrives at the last minute and he stops her from killing the murderer.

The part about Prodigy tracking down his killer was out-of-nowhere and not to mention, insensitive since he’s an LGBT POC. The mystery about Prodigy’s death (which got him revived and repowered in the 1st issue) should have been resolved with him being the depowered mutant who fought with his friend of Academy X he had chosen (with consent) in the Crucible ritual. The friend he chooses as his opponent can be Hellion, Surge or anyone of Academy X. Then, during his resurrection (and repowered), his friend hugs him and apologizes to Prodigy for “killing” him in the ritual.

As for the murder of Scarlet Witch, it shouldn’t have been in the last X-Factor issue. Instead, the ‘Trial of Magneto’ storyline can start with Prodigy, Eye-Boy and the mutants finding Scarlet Witch’s body, that’s how the speculation of the Whodunnit starts. Or maybe, Scarlet Witch’s death shouldn’t be written at all.

Thoughts?
    I am so not down with this “she can’t write poc stories because she is white”. If someone could show me where she was being insensitive i would change my mind. It seems to me it is not even about that. It is just fans acting like asses and trying to ruin any lgbt stories we have going forward. The way people overreact marvel is going to be forced to only do stories about straight white males. And yeah i understand they should hire more poc for the xoffice. That’s not a f’ing excuse to act out.

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    I am so not down with this “she can’t write poc stories because she is white”. If someone could show me where she was being insensitive i would change my mind. It seems to me it is not even about that. It is just fans acting like asses and trying to ruin any lgbt stories we have going forward. The way people overreact marvel is going to be forced to only do stories about straight white males. And yeah i understand they should hire more poc for the xoffice. That’s not a f’ing excuse to act out.
    Yeah, some of them are really upset and are even overreacting because of its unfortunate implications. Though my main issue about Prodigy's subplot in the last issue is that it was just out-of-nowhere compared to Aurora's murder which showed up in the 1st issue yet the culprit is unseen. Nothing was done in resolving the mystery and closure for Aurora.
    Last edited by MitchFox; 07-02-2021 at 09:10 PM.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    Some people are using it as an excuse to pile on and attack everything from Williams' fitness for her job to her own queer identity. And I've seen arguments from black queer readers that, even if the execution was flawed, Williams was shining a spotlight on a case where a predator was allowed to get away with murder multiple times over because his victims were not seen as worth the trouble of reporting missing or of deeper investigation from the authorities. I've also seen the flip side, also from black queer readers - that pushing a "ripped from the headlines" story where the trial isn't complete and the families of the actual victims don't even have closure yet and delivering it as about four pages of a superhero comic book story where there's no room to actually unpack any of the associated subject matter with care is insensitive and ill-judged at best, and offensively tone-deaf and exploitative at worst. Basically, the whole discussion has valid points from multiple POVs, as well as no few trolls just looking to get away with bad behavior under the guise of allyship. I do feel Williams could have made some different choices to mitigate some of the issues with the story, but she was also in something of a lose-lose situation with the Prodigy plot once the kill order on the book came down. Daken, Aurora, and Eyeboy's arcs could (and probably should) have been given less space in the final issue to give Prodigy's story a little more breathing space, as their stories are not all of equal dramatic weight, but in the end, Prodigy was always going to be the one that lost out the most from having his slow-burn mystery cut short, whether by a quick wrap-up or even just leaving it hanging. The book getting canceled at less than the customary 12 issues so that there could be a huge reveal that coincided with the finale issue and the finale of the Hellfire Gala reeks of meddling from editorial or higher up, but the upset for Prodigy getting short-changed in his own arc (and for Wanda's "death", it turns out) was always going to fall on the writer regardless. And maybe that's the risk and reality of writing for corporate-owned IP, but it still kinda blows.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 07-02-2021 at 09:40 PM.