Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
    Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy! View Post
    Does Prodigy need to change his codename to Snow Queen?
    This is a cheap shot. He has been with an Asian woman and attracted to a green-coloured man. I think he is attracted to the entire rainbow.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Just looked up the eye of agamotto and i have to say based on what was presented in x-factor about seeing lies and stuff eyeboy is basically a walking eye of agamatto.
    dont say that. he might have to be in excalibur then

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I guess there'll be some kind of lame explanation like "he can see into the operating system of the Universe", and next time we see Trevor he'll be a few years younger again and back to being a bit daft in the head. The more tortured power exhibitions such as "Storm can control minds now because brain electricity is a kind of weather or something" don't tend to stick.
    I think they once tried to establish that Magneto can do something similar either because the iron in the blood or via electro magnetism. Also i recall that in a post M-day story there was a moment where Domino could summon lightning by willingly increasing the statistic chance of someone or something getting hit by a lightning from 300.000 to exactly 1.

The list of such mental jumps to give a character plot powers or make a weak/underpowered character suddently much more powerfull but without the work to show the character evolving into that state, has to be quite long by now.

As for Eyeboy.
    Maybe someone told Williams about optical pumping and she thought that since eyeboy is all about "optics" he should be able to produce laser beams.

Also yes it seems like the kind of random power up which won't stick and be ignored because nobody else will have a clue what to do with it and the character doesn't work well having access to something like that all of a sudden.
    Infact it might actualy decrease his chance of being prominently used again, because writers might not want to constantly answer why he couldn't just "eyebeam" the enemies in a specific situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I think they once tried to establish that Magneto can do something similar either because the iron in the blood or via electro magnetism. Also i recall that in a post M-day story there was a moment where Domino could summon lightning by willingly increasing the statistic chance of someone or something getting hit by a lightning from 300.000 to exactly 1.

The list of such mental jumps to give a character plot powers or make a weak/underpowered character suddently much more powerfull but without the work to show the character evolving into that state, has to be quite long by now.

As for Eyeboy.
    Maybe someone told Williams about optical pumping and she thought that since eyeboy is all about "optics" he should be able to produce laser beams.

Also yes it seems like the kind of random power up which won't stick and be ignored because nobody else will have a clue what to do with it and the character doesn't work well having access to something like that all of a sudden.
    Infact it might actualy decrease his chance of being prominently used again, because writers might not want to constantly answer why he couldn't just "eyebeam" the enemies in a specific situation.
    Where some people see only obstacles Eyeboy sees opportunity
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Too bad these some people are the gods in charge of the universe who are the ones who could give him meaning, a role or appearances and if they don't care about the character or are worse even convinced there are too many reasons not to use him, there are no opportunities for him, regardless of what he can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Too bad these some people are the gods in charge of the universe who are the ones who could give him meaning, a role or appearances and if they don't care about the character or are worse even convinced there are too many reasons not to use him, there are no opportunities for him, regardless of what he can see.
    We are not talking about some super popular character carefully created, crafted and written trough the ages, he was just a “radioactive waste” leftover from the jason aaron jean grey school for comic relief, if anything Leah was able to provide the much needed creative love this character lacked since his very conception.
    Last edited by Daedra; 07-01-2021 at 06:04 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Not to mention as far as we know no one is actually leaving the writing room and they are still working together. If it was a crop of new writers or no director i may worry but i think eyeboy will be okay. The council has already been inquiring about his abilities increasingly in several data pages.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    dont say that. he might have to be in excalibur then

he would actually be a pretty good fit in almost any book given his abilities.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Mighty Member

We are not talking about some super popular character carefully created, crafted and written trough the ages, he was just a “radioactive waste” leftover from the jason aaron jean grey school for comic relief, if anything Leah was able to provide the much needed creative love this character lacked since his very conception.
    Yeah, main criticism seems to be how rushed his story was but that's not Leah's fault, that's editorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I'm late to the X-Factor party but I ADORED the character interactions and overall character selection for the team. Unfortunately, the villains and plots were not particular intriguing to me and the art did not fit the stated premise. But it fit the character dynamic. seeing this great x-men team go, is quite saddening to me.
    This is something that is great about comics. This series wasn’t for me at all but you enjoyed it and I think that’s awesome. I’m bummed for you that it’s ending because I think most of us have been on that end of cancellation before but it’s obvious a lot of readers enjoyed this book. Not every comic has to be for every reader.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Does anyone have insights into Eyeboy's spoilers:
    eye beam blast thing
    end of spoilers ?
    Secretly a ninja from a hidden village.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy! View Post
    Does Prodigy need to change his codename to Snow Queen?
    Why Snow Queen?

this was a dreadful series, and this issue was terrible too. I'm just glad this is all over. it became a chore to follow this book. nothing was interesting, the execution was poor, it was too wordy, the action was not enjoyable and the art has been rough.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    this was a dreadful series, and this issue was terrible too. I'm just glad this is all over. it became a chore to follow this book. nothing was interesting, the execution was poor, it was too wordy, the action was not enjoyable and the art has been rough.
    I actually liked it. It was not my favorite but it had some fun stuff in it.

This has been my fave X-Book of the Krakoa era sad to see it go...

Having said that I wish Leah had been given another issue or two resolve some of these plot threads, I'm glad everything got sewn up but you could tell how rushed these last two issues were, with David's plot being particualrly screwed over by the changes.

I also wish scheduling had allowed Baldeon to do the whole issue. I don't love his art, it's a bit cartoony for my taste, but he always uses such excellent panel layouts and interesting character features/designs.