Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    They have to at least been randomingly hooking up or dating for a year if a picture of a date with Speed was on the phone and speed was worried when he went missing.

One thing that does stand out to me as well though is none of the people who wanted positive representation of humans in the comics had nothing to say about the bartenders that not only held on to prodigy phone for a year but worried about him, i'm assuming didn't report it, but at least worried. though in the mu i doubt many would do much about a missing mutant especially at that time since the rosenburg massacre was happening.
    I didn't read the bartenders as being positive at all.....These 2 (seemingly) white dudes had apparently been watching 'Butch' leave with black victim after victim and said nothing??? thats some me pretty depressing sh!t
    I rolled my eyes at him running into the arms of a white dude after confronting another white dude that not only killed black gay dudes but Killed him!...Not saying He should shun them but after all that, that he was killed because in part of his skin color he'd want to to be in the company of other melenated mutants. lol Actually has Prodigy ever even any interaction with another black mutant besides Tag??
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I didn't read the bartenders as being positive at all.....These 2 (seemingly) white dudes had apparently been watching 'Butch' leave with black victim after victim and said nothing??? thats some me pretty depressing sh!t
    I rolled my eyes at him running into the arms of a white dude after confronting another white dude that not only killed black gay dudes but Killed him!...Not saying He should shun them but after all that, that he was killed because in part of his skin color he'd want to to be in the company of other melenated mutants. lol Actually has Prodigy ever even any interaction with another black mutant besides Tag??
    idk about what happened to Prodigy when he was out of the X books but during his new X-men run he was pretty much only around the students. Since Tag was the only other black character of that generation and he got killed he was it.

Prodigys main mutant friends would be Surge, Hellion, Elixir, Wind Dancer, Icarus and Dust

Really honestly the first 3. So Prodigy not being around other black mutants is par for the course for him

All-New Member

Kyle walking over to cap just to let them know was priceless too, i saw the slyness. All of the humans thniking no humans allowed on the island so he starts with "great more humans" cap take the bait. "your northstar husband?" kyle knows he got him. "why yes, you get use to the psychic uplinks when you live here, byeeeee." Cap double take. "wait you live on the island and your... HUMAN?" kyle was like gotcha. "sure do..."

lol. loved it, very subtle but very strongly done.
    Just wanted to heart ❤ this comment.

The only thing that really interested me about this issue was the last page, which I think most of us theorized was going to happen. I feel like a broken record here but this book never lived up to it's stated premise. I think I would've enjoyed the mystery of Prodigy solving his own death much more than what we got from the previous issues. We sort of got the detective vibe with the Morrigan plot but it felt like the B-Plot as opposed to the main focus of the book.

Here's hoping Trial of Magneto is fantastic.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    The only thing that really interested me about this issue was the last page, which I think most of us theorized was going to happen. I feel like a broken record here but this book never lived up to it's stated premise. I think I would've enjoyed the mystery of Prodigy solving his own death much more than what we got from the previous issues. We sort of got the detective vibe with the Morrigan plot but it felt like the B-Plot as opposed to the main focus of the book.

Here's hoping Trial of Magneto is fantastic.
    I'm late to the X-Factor party but I ADORED the character interactions and overall character selection for the team. Unfortunately, the villains and plots were not particular intriguing to me and the art did not fit the stated premise. But it fit the character dynamic. seeing this great x-men team go, is quite saddening to me.

Does anyone have insights into Eyeboy's spoilers:
    eye beam blast thing
    end of spoilers ?

Funny our people got a whole code about not snitching go figure. And from my personal experience i disagree white black whatever if i have that connection with a person i am going to run to my white friend, asian friend, flying monkey friend, who ever energy gives mine the most comfort. That's like saying just because i've been jumped by black people before in a fight i should be scared to be around other black people. Well i wouldn't have gone home then.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Does anyone have insights into Eyeboy's spoilers:
    eye beam blast thing
    end of spoilers ?
    I guess there'll be some kind of lame explanation like "he can see into the operating system of the Universe", and next time we see Trevor he'll be a few years younger again and back to being a bit daft in the head. The more tortured power exhibitions such as "Storm can control minds now because brain electricity is a kind of weather or something" don't tend to stick.

Funny our people got a whole code about not snitching go figure. And from my personal experience i disagree white black whatever if i have that connection with a person i am going to run to my white friend, asian friend, flying monkey friend, who ever energy gives mine the most comfort. That's like saying just because i've been jumped by black people before in a fight i should be scared to be around other black people. Well i wouldn't have gone home then.
    Thank you for saying it, post like this reignite my faith in the rest of the world.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I guess there'll be some kind of lame explanation like "he can see into the operating system of the Universe", and next time we see Trevor he'll be a few years younger again and back to being a bit daft in the head. The more tortured power exhibitions such as "Storm can control minds now because brain electricity is a kind of weather or something" don't tend to stick.
    Yeah, my reflex reaction was disappointment. I really loved what Leah was doing with Trevor and expanding on his capabilities and all the vision based exploration and variation and then that happened.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, my reflex reaction was disappointment. I really loved what Leah was doing with Trevor and expanding on his capabilities and all the vision based exploration and variation and then that happened.
    Well keep in mind a lot of the developments that Leah probably wanted to unfold over multiple issues. Condensed into literally a single one. Instead of having eye boys power progression left as a dangling thread Leah decided to skip ahead to the end result. Does it feel out of nowhere? Absolutely but I understand why it was done.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Well keep in mind a lot of the developments that Leah probably wanted to unfold over multiple issues. Condensed into literally a single one. Instead of having eye boys power progression left as a dangling thread Leah decided to skip ahead to the end result. Does it feel out of nowhere? Absolutely but I understand why it was done.
    Oh I'm not disappointed at how quickly that escalated. I'm disappointed it escalated that far, period. I prefer that some mutants just NOT have combative powers. And this feels like such a 90's thing to do to a character.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I really don’t get why she has to condense everything into this last issue though. We have 5 issues of The Trial, and while I’m sure that’s going to have a broader focus, it’s still supposed to feature X-Factor prominently.

Oh I'm not disappointed at how quickly that escalated. I'm disappointed it escalated that far, period. I prefer that some mutants just NOT have combative powers. And this feels like such a 90's thing to do to a character.
    Just looked up the eye of agamotto and i have to say based on what was presented in x-factor about seeing lies and stuff eyeboy is basically a walking eye of agamatto.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Does Prodigy need to change his codename to Snow Queen?