Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Educating the arraki

Or the status of education on Krakoa. (Mars too)
    I mean do arraki know how to read at least?
    Did they just skipped over millenia of human culture like not even a look?
    Is not all tha tbad, and I think they could at least give music, cinema and books, perhaps graphical arts and theaters, a chance.
    So in the interest of cultural development of Krakoa and Arrako Why not suggest a list of cultural milestones for them to experience

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Or the status of education on Krakoa. (Mars too)
    I mean do arraki know how to read at least?
    Did they just skipped over millenia of human culture like not even a look?
    Is not all tha tbad, and I think they could at least give music, cinema and books, perhaps graphical arts and theaters, a chance.
    So in the interest of cultural development of Krakoa and Arrako Why not suggest a list of cultural milestones for them to experience
    They're the descendants of mutants from ancient Egypt that work stuck on some demon infested planet for thousands of years. I doubt the group know how to read or speak any modern language, but they likely use their powers to get around that.
    Now, whether a Survival of the Fittest-obsessed society sees any value on a species they consider inferior to them? That's an interesting story to tell, but it's unlikely they're interested in any facet of human culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    They're the descendants of mutants from ancient Egypt that work stuck on some demon infested planet for thousands of years. I doubt the group know how to read or speak any modern language, but they likely use their powers to get around that.
    Now, whether a Survival of the Fittest-obsessed society sees any value on a species they consider inferior to them? That's an interesting story to tell, but it's unlikely they're interested in any facet of human culture.
    Based on Isca’s conversation with Xavier and Magneto on the subject of humans, I doubt that they see any value in humans beyond a conquest.

Solomon was reading in wolverine. Apoc could read, i assume he taught his children to read, summoner spoke english, genesis, and a whole host of other arraki mutants even the ones on mars. but then again they are as mentioned ancient and ancient mutants still came from humans so they most likely had some sort of human learning, probably more pure than what modern day society has. But then again given where they frem they could have been savages if that is the implication?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Based on Isca’s conversation with Xavier and Magneto on the subject of humans, I doubt that they see any value in humans beyond a conquest.
    But do they know anything about humans? Have they had McDonald’s? Listened to Drake? Watched the Big Bang Theory?

Maybe once they experience the icons of human culture, they’ll have more respect for them.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    But do they know anything about humans? Have they had McDonald’s? Listened to Drake? Watched the Big Bang Theory?

Maybe once they experience the icons of human culture, they’ll have more respect for them.
    I can see this going south very easily considering the provided examples
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I can see this going south very easily considering the provided examples
    lmao when i tell you i logged in and then logged right back out. lol like the best humanity feels it has to offer is drake, the big bang theory and mcdonalds. I mean i could get behind cruises, top shelf liquor(which arakki were ready to conquer a whole town for." and comic books. But i'm sure Jean or any one of the Arrako telepaths can get the community up to date. I don't even think wakanda cares for drake, big bang theory or mcdonalds and they are the most advance nation in the MU.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

????

Why on Arrako would they NEED to learn human history? No...just no.

They have their own culture.
    Would humans want to learn about the million year history of the Arakki wars against demons? No lol so absolutely not. Everything does not revolve around the humans in the mutant world. Ain't nobody on Arrako care bout no drake or hyper processed fast food lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    ????

Would humans want to learn about the million year history of the Arakki wars against demons? No lol so absolutely not. Everything does not revolve around the humans in the mutant world. Ain't nobody on Arrako care bout no drake or hyper processed fast food lol.
    Speak for yourself, give me all the history of Arrako NOW!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Speak for yourself, give me all the history of Arrako NOW!
    Lol i would as well but i was speaking for the mcu human majority

????

Perfectly said.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

????

This is the sort of behaviour that pushed me to post this thread. I have seen many many times again. People berating on human culture, like they have something better to offer. Often by people who make their living creating or spreading human culture from media outlet that are the result of hundreds of year of human passing their results to the new generations.
    Not only but often they excuse themselves citing the most blandness or worst example of human culture. Like judging the whole USA from the KKK, OR REDUCING THE ENTIRETY of Italy to mobsters....
    No one suggested Aristophanes or Shakespeare or even James Joyce works. Nope.
    Not the crazy history of some scientists, the battles humankind fought, the blood and the tears, the fatigue, the love and the hate and the laughs the we retold to not forget, nope. Only thing that apparently resume humankind is bing bang theory? Not even mash or blackadder?

And what sort of culture the arraki could have developed? None of them seem to me warriorpoets, nor their experience so varied to lead to some cultural significant development. Yeah they fought aggro demons?
    One the plus side one wonder what a superpowers can influence cultural creations. Albeit isa them rarely explored in fiction, the influence of different senses on poetry and literature isn't an engaging ocular argument

Read what? There are multiple humans languages and I'm pretty sure they know how to read and speak their own.

Which culture? There are serval thousands of different human cultures.

They weren't even interested in fellow mutant culture and they viewed Krakoa as a coalition of squishy and pampered baby mutants.

I don't think they'd see much value in anything humans have to offer culturally outside of maybe war and anarchy. Asgard would probably be a better choice...
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Read what? There are multiple humans languages and I'm pretty sure they know how to read and speak their own.

Which culture? There are serval thousands of different human cultures.

They weren't even interested in fellow mutant culture and they viewed Krakoa as a coalition of squishy and pampered baby mutants.

I don't think they'd see much value in anything humans have to offer culturally outside of maybe war and anarchy. Asgard would probably be a better choice...
    Yeah humankind has this awesome crucible of multiple cultural choices. Still.
    Sqaj during everything humankind did is kind of ....dumb....but I doubt arraki, outside their ruling omega, are that smart....would be interesting if Ororo manage to change that little bit.(imagine storm going all class of 1999 on arraki's teenagers ass or for those in teaching jobs, imagine if your students can't die...how far you will go to teach them?

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    This is the sort of behaviour that pushed me to post this thread. I have seen many many times again. People berating on human culture, like they have something better to offer. Often by people who make their living creating or spreading human culture from media outlet that are the result of hundreds of year of human passing their results to the new generations.
    Not only but often they excuse themselves citing the most blandness or worst example of human culture. Like judging the whole USA from the KKK, OR REDUCING THE ENTIRETY of Italy to mobsters....
    No one suggested Aristophanes or Shakespeare or even James Joyce works. Nope.
    Not the crazy history of some scientists, the battles humankind fought, the blood and the tears, the fatigue, the love and the hate and the laughs the we retold to not forget, nope. Only thing that apparently resume humankind is bing bang theory? Not even mash or blackadder?

And what sort of culture the arraki could have developed? None of them seem to me warriorpoets, nor their experience so varied to lead to some cultural significant development. Yeah they fought aggro demons?
    One the plus side one wonder what a superpowers can influence cultural creations. Albeit isa them rarely explored in fiction, the influence of different senses on poetry and literature isn't an engaging ocular argument
    You do know these comics are made by humans right? You fo knownthe fact that we are reading this posteans we obviously love human tech right? Like wow.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.