Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    And here we go again.
    Agree, it's juvenile and Trump-like.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I swear twitter brings out the EVIL in people. It's honestly never that deep, ESPECIALLY over a comic book.
    Here is the thing when you don't address that nonsense when it was attacking McDuffie's Justice League, Female Ghostbusters, A black Johnny Storm, a Latino Blue Beetle and attacks on black shows, movies and books-it festers and grows into what we are seeing NOW.

Those terrible posts might need to be a wake up call to Marvel as if the crap Ms Marvel and Carol got wasn't enough notice. It keeps happening way too much.

My issue with the David part is this-that should have been a full blown story arc or mini series for David.

If we are going to have a commentary about black queer males and what they deal with-I need more than a few panels.

I don't need Eye Boy or Drakken to play "saviors" either.

A 4-5 part mini or annual with resources on Queer abuse-a way to showcase Prodigy and whoever else they wanted.

And before cries about sells come out- what about them? If we are talking an X-Factor Annual is that hurting anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Here is the thing when you don't address that nonsense when it was attacking McDuffie's Justice League, Female Ghostbusters, A black Johnny Storm, a Latino Blue Beetle and attacks on black shows, movies and books-it festers and grows into what we are seeing NOW.

Those terrible posts might need to be a wake up call to Marvel as if the crap Ms Marvel and Carol got wasn't enough notice. It keeps happening way too much.

My issue with the David part is this-that should have been a full blown story arc or mini series for David.

If we are going to have a commentary about black queer males and what they deal with-I need more than a few panels.

I don't need Eye Boy or Drakken to play "saviors" either.

A 4-5 part mini or annual with resources on Queer abuse-a way to showcase Prodigy and whoever else they wanted.

And before cries about sells come out- what about them? If we are talking an X-Factor Annual is that hurting anyone?
    To be honest I never got the impression this was meant as some kind of commentary, sometimes a comic book plot point is just that.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I'm calling it now. Wanda is going to be ressurected and SHE is going to be the one that proves Magneto's innocence by telling us who the true killer is.

Unless its actually Mystique.
    what if it actually him?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im assuming Wolverine said Magneto bc he was able to smell him on Wanda. The question should be, why didnt he get any other scent? Even Rachel's psychometry powers seem like an easy way to find out who did this, unless the killer thought of all this and was able to mask themselves somehow
    There are enough mutants there that can solve that case in less than a minute.

Unless that is Ultimate Wanda from Miles Morales's world. Who is Magneto's kid and a mutant.

There are a ton of unaccounted for Ultimate Universe folks out there.

The writer was notified that the book was cancelled as she was writing the previous issue. So we don't know what exactly the original plans for David's storyline were supposed to be but it was one of the storylines Williams hinted at during the book's launch. I was bummed because I thought it was going to be dropped completely after the cancellation announcement.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

Having read the full thing. My major issue is pacing. Which wasn't handled particularly well at all. So much of the issue was dedicated to nonessential fluff that the plot about prodigy and his death feels like a rushed wrap up. Which it shouldn't have given that they'd been setting up clues and trails for issues now.

The pacing, the tone and especially the art are utterly at odds with the subject matter.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    There are enough mutants there that can solve that case in less than a minute.

Unless that is Ultimate Wanda from Miles Morales's world. Who is Magneto's kid and a mutant.

There are a ton of unaccounted for Ultimate Universe folks out there.
    Is there? What Ultimate X-men/mutant characters are running around in 616? Wasnt Ultimate Wanda killed or was she brought back? FYI, I dont think this was her as it wouldnt fit and I believe they would be different ages too

My personal opinion on the David **** is everyone is built so soft & needs to grow some genitalia Leah didn't deserve all that hate yesterday it's not that deep & further to the point most people on Twitter bitching about the supposed problem were fake "Woke & White" my black ass didn't give a single **** *shrugs*

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Wow I think this was my favourite issue in the whole run. You can tell a number of sub-plots had to be wrapped up but I think Williams did so beautifully, without anything feeling overly rushed. Plus she can always follow-up on certain characters in The Trial of Magneto.

Speaking of which... that last page! On the one hand, I thought it might be a bit too obvious for the victim to be Wanda, but then again she'd be the one making the biggest headlines. As for what it means for the future... after finishing WandaVision, I thought that effectively closed the door on Wanda being a mutant and Magneto's daughter. Not because the show negated that possibility, but I figured if Marvel wanted to at least hint at Wanda's mutant origin, WandaVision would have been the place to do it.

Now though, with Wanda seemingly falling into the X-Men office's purview, her possibly being resurrected as a mutant (?), the High Evolutionary appearing in the new X-Men series... is Marvel retconning the X-Axis retcon? Would they make Wanda a mutant and Magneto's daughter again in the comics even though that's not the case in the MCU? Or is it a hint of things to come in The Multiverse of Madness and beyond? The comics and the MCU don't necessarily need to be perfectly aligned, but I would expect a modicum of synergy when it comes for something so important and for such high-profile characters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    P.S. Twitter owes me the cost of two bottles of snoop dogg wine because i was expecting more drama.

Or rather the people who brought that twitter stuff here. Pay up. lol
    All I got is pictures of golden sperm man birth. Will that do ?
    20210630_143537.jpg

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

How did that man kill Prodigy? He had Israeli combat training absorbed from Kitty Pryde?

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    How did that man kill Prodigy? He had Israeli combat training absorbed from Kitty Pryde?
    That’s a good question, I guess no amount of training can save you from a (bad) fall down a ramp of stairs
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Agree, it's juvenile and Trump-like.
    Just ignore it like the rest of us do.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    He probably roofied him the right drug can take out anyone.