Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default What would be your DREAM Spider-Man creative team after Beyond

It doesn't have to be realistic, it could even be a writer or artist who aren't in marvel right now

I guess cates and stegman. Cates could take Peter superhero career to the next level.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Christopher Yost and Ryan Stegman. Team behind Scarlet Spider with Kaine Parker as the Scarlet Spider. Yost is criminally underrated.

Alternatively Chip Zdarsky and Russell Dauterman.

Astonishing Member

I'd love to see Grant Morrison on Spider-Man for his epics on Batman and Superman. I adore his 2006-2013 Batman run.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    I'd love to see Grant Morrison on Spider-Man for his epics on Batman and Superman. I adore his 2006-2013 Batman run.
    I agree with this. Morrison and Frank Quitely on Spider-Man would be insane.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Urge View Post
    I agree with this. Morrison and Frank Quitely on Spider-Man would be insane.
    That's my dream team by far. Cheers, The Urge and welcome to the CBR forums.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Reunite the original Chew team of John Layman and Rob Guillory. That'd be a blast!

I'd like to see what Scott Snyder* could do with the character. Not sure on art as he'd need someone with a lot of range. Capullo is amazing but I'm kind of tired of the two working together, but definitely wouldn't complain.

*Pre-Dark Knights: Metal Snyder, when he was writing cohesive stories with a beginning, middle and end rather than an exercise in ridiculous excess and in jokes.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member

Chip Zdarsky and Stegman and carlos gomez as back up artist

Amazing Member

I think my dream team would be Hickman and Dane Eaglesham. Their work on Fantastic Four is unmatched. And considering that Hickman has written FF, Avengers and currently writing X-men, which are the flagship teams in marvel, the possibility of him writing Spider-Man in the future is not at all unrealistic.

Mighty Member

I think my dream team would be Hickman and Dane Eaglesham. Their work on Fantastic Four is unmatched. And considering that Hickman has written FF, Avengers and currently writing X-men, which are the flagship teams in marvel, the possibility of him writing Spider-Man in the future is not at all unrealistic.
    He'd be a fun choice, but Hickman feels more comfortable with teams.

Anyway, Cates and Stegman is my obvious choice.
    Chip Zdarsky too. Maybe just get Chip and Bagley again
    I wouldn't be against a Leah Williams run.
    Vita Ayla, although I'd much rather see them with Reis on Venom.
    Snyder would be cool.
    Maybe Ram V in the future too and Perkins. They are killing it on Swamp Thing right now.

There's a lot to choose from.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

My dream of dreams is Grant Morrison (with different artists, but Quitely for at least an arc). Apparently, Grant once proposed a Spider-Man story (or even completed scripts):
    SPIDER-MAN (1990)

A proposed graphic novel in the wake of the success of Arkham Asylum, with art by Simon Bisley. Morrison expressed a desire to return to the Ditko Spider-Man. "It's not Spider-Man in Arkham Asylum or anything - it's action all the way with things blowing up from page one but it still won't be a great deal like the Spider-Man that everyone is used to"

According to the webchat Morrison gave at Next Planet Over in 1999, the story was to begin with an attack by Mysterio, resulting in Spider-Man waking in a parallel world where Aunt May died and Peter never married.

"The Spider-Man of that world is a creepy, skinny Ditko guy, who lives on his own and is shunned by the neighbors." said Morrison, "He only comes alive when he's out on the rooftops leaping about and squirting jets of white stuff over everything. Freud would have loved the story as the creepy but ultimately decent Spider-Man meets his counterpart from a place where Peter married a supermodel and made lots of money. The story was based around that tension and the ultimate redemption of the creepy Ditko character. I'd do something different now."

Mark Millar later suggested that Morrison had also completed scripts for a Spider-Man mini-series to be drawn by his Batman: Gothic collaborator Klaus Janson. Most likely the two stories are variations on the same themes above. Neither the mini-series or the graphic novel ever saw print.

Interviewed about his time at Marvel many years later, Morrison expressed little enthusiasm for tackling Spider-Man, believing that Stan Lee, Steve Ditko and John Buscehe had set the bar for the character so high on the original run that any take on the character would by necessity be in their shadow and largely redundant. He instead preferred to take Lee's 'teenage outsider' template and apply it to revamps of lesser characters like Marvel Boy and supporting players in his X-Men run. Spider-Man remains probably the most significant Big Two super-hero that Morrison hasn't written, with the character not even managing a cameo appearance in any of Morrison's Marvel scripts.
    https://sites.google.com/site/deepsp...verse-b/marvel

Also Scott Snyder (with various artists, including or not Greg Capullo)....though I have no idea how Scott would approach Spider-Man, a character kinda foreign to his observed sensibilities as a writer (which is maybe why I'd be so interested in where he'd go with Spidey)
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-30-2021 at 10:02 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

It doesn't have to be realistic, it could even be a writer or artist who aren't in marvel right now
    If we are allowed to truly DREAM... I'd pick Robert Kirkman with J. Scott Campbell and Joe Madureira alternating on the art (producing a grand total of 3 issues in a year together but hey, it doesn't have to be realistic right?)

Incredible Member

Greg Capullo on art. Everything else, I’m indifferent to at the moment, but I would love a Spidy book drawn by Greg Capullo, be it Peter or Miles book.

Mighty Member

I'd be over the moon with Morrison. I'd enjoy Tim Seeley getting a run at Spider-man - he's also a very good complementary writer, so I'd take him on a Spectacular revival, too.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    My dream of dreams is Grant Morrison (with different artists, but Quitely for at least an arc). Apparently, Grant once proposed a Spider-Man story (or even completed scripts):

https://sites.google.com/site/deepsp...verse-b/marvel

Also Scott Snyder (with various artists, including or not Greg Capullo)....though I have no idea how Scott would approach Spider-Man, a character kinda foreign to his observed sensibilities as a writer (which is maybe why I'd be so interested in where he'd go with Spidey)
    Damn we were so close to gold. I wonder if Morrison would be interested in doing it now