Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    He'd be a fun choice, but Hickman feels more comfortable with teams.

Anyway, Cates and Stegman is my obvious choice.
    Chip Zdarsky too. Maybe just get Chip and Bagley again
    I wouldn't be against a Leah Williams run.
    Vita Ayla, although I'd much rather see them with Reis on Venom.
    Snyder would be cool.
    Maybe Ram V in the future too and Perkins. They are killing it on Swamp Thing right now.

There's a lot to choose from.
    Yeah, when his time as Head of X is over, I can see him going to DC, on either Legion of Super Heroes, Teen Titans, or Justice League. There'll be very little left for him to do at Marvel.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Amazing—Ram V, Marco Checchetto
    Spectacular—Tim Seeley, Javier Fernandez
    Sensational—Saladin Ahmed, Dan Mora
    Spider-Woman—Vita Ayala, Carmen Carnero
    Black Cat—Leah Williams, Jan Bazaldua
    Silver Sable—Becky Cloonan, Michael W. Conrad, Rod Reis
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 06-30-2021 at 11:36 AM.

Astonishing Member

I'd like to see Morrison's Spider-Man out of curiosity, but not in 616 continuity. Morrison has expressed interest in regressing Peter to his avoidant-attachment style from the Ditko era, and was also a contributor to the Superman pitch that inspired OMD. 616 Spider-Man needs neither of those things right now. Also, I feel that a lot of the stuff that Morrison would have done with Spider-Man (mythicism, etc), JMS already did in the 2000s. His run always felt Morrison-esque to me, especially since it came out around the same time as Morrison's work on X-Men, Superman, and Batman.

For the Amazing book, Chip Zdarksy and Jonathan Hickman are currently my top two choices for writers.

In Zdarksy's case, he has been the best Spider-Man writer post-OMD, and while his Spectacular Spider-Man run was great, I get the sense he would have a lot more creative freedom on Amazing. The Spider-Man in his Amazing run would likely be similar to the Spider-Man in his Daredevil run. So he would have my vote.

As for Hickman, he's worked on the FF, the Avengers, and now X-Men, so Spider-Man seems like an obvious next choice. I don't know if he would want to work on a solo character, but Hickman seems like the perfect guy to undo OMD. He can write epic-in-scale stories, knows how to get philosophical in a way that isn't cringe, and is good at writing about family and marriage (as his FF run proved). You kinda need all of those things to undo the mess that is OMD, so he would also have my vote.

Extraordinary Member

Off the top of my head, Tom Taylor and Dan Mora. I'm really liking Taylor's every man feel he's giving Nightwing, which kind of reminds me of Spidey and is the kind of approach I think should've been used on Nightwing from the start. Dan Mora just because he's amazing.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, when his time as Head of X is over, I can see him going to DC, on either Legion of Super Heroes, Teen Titans, or Justice League. There'll be very little left for him to do at Marvel.
    Gonna call it, he is the next Justice League writer (maybe doubtful, but that would be fun).

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Christopher Yost and Ryan Stegman. Team behind Scarlet Spider with Kaine Parker as the Scarlet Spider. Yost is criminally underrated.

Alternatively Chip Zdarsky and Russell Dauterman.
    Glad to see I'm not the only one, who would give Yost a chance. His Scarlet Spider was great, and I would love to see him writing Spider-Man.

Other than him, I would like to see Robert Kirkman.

Fantastic Member

Leah Williams, AMJ was great and captured the vibe of Spidey great. Gomez or Baldeon on art full time would be great.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Leah Williams, AMJ was great and captured the vibe of Spidey great. Gomez or Baldeon on art full time would be great.
    This would be my wild card choice. She did an amazing job on AMJ, it was a shame it was quietly cancelled.

Astonishing Member

Hopefully Legion. That needs a major revamp after the atrocities Bendis inflicted. Utter crap and it'll need someone like Hickman to get eyes on it.

Astonishing Member

Writer: JM DeMatteis
    Artist: Mark Bagley circa 1995

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Gonna call it, he is the next Justice League writer (maybe doubtful, but that would be fun).
    It is my absolute dream to have an editorially unrestrained Hickman on Superman. That would be phenomenal.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Hopefully Legion. That needs a major revamp after the atrocities Bendis inflicted. Utter crap and it'll need someone like Hickman to get eyes on it.
    Don't forget Bendis is the current Justice League writer too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Don't forget Bendis is the current Justice League writer too.
    Don't remind me lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Amazing—Ram V, Marco Checchetto
    Spectacular—Tim Seeley, Javier Fernandez
    Sensational—Saladin Ahmed, Dan Mora
    Spider-Woman—Vita Ayala, Carmen Carnero
    Black Cat—Leah Williams, Jan Bazaldua
    Silver Sable—Becky Cloonan, Michael W. Conrad, Rod Reis
    I really want Sable and Black Cat to be part of ASM

BANNED

If I'm allowed to dream, I'd get Straczynski back. Let him sort out the mess from BND forward and continue the story where he left it: May dying, Peter and MJ on the run.

As for artist, just take your pick among someone at the top (nobody who's been drawing the character in recent years on a regular basis).