Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

This is all because Jean Grey has to be demure and weak so as not to stand out too much against the character she's a love interest for. Yaaaawn.

Someone progressive come save Jean and give her back her look and her super powers, please.

That's all I have to say on this.

Extraordinary Member

Adversary fans will have to check this out at least.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...mpression=true

Attachment 111040

I'm sorry you poor bird. And now they messing with the demon bear
    this is gorgeous i love it!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Great to see a woman of colour get the Phoenix Force

Why does this continue to be a thing?

Don't love the Phoenix Force but if it gets us a high-profile series featuring one of comics' best Native American characters written by a Native American writer with a Phoenix sales boost, I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Why does this continue to be a thing?
    My fanon theory has the x-office giving up the pf permanently in exchange for scarlet witch, I have no proof but I would totally be ok with it.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Don't love the Phoenix Force but if it gets us a high-profile series featuring one of comics' best Native American characters written by a Native American writer with a Phoenix sales boost, I'm all for it.
    I mean if that was the goal for real they would have been better giving it to thunder bird, thunderbird II, Neal shaara or basicallly thunderbird III, or firebird or shaman. just because im lately obsessed with this term that i think started here. "super say'in."
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    My fanon theory has the x-office giving up the pf permanently in exchange for scarlet witch, I have no proof but I would totally be ok with it.
    I believe it, i had a theory similar earlier but it was to get the full rights to Storm back. Maybe a package deal?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I believe it, i had a theory similar earlier but it was to get the full rights to Storm back. Maybe a package deal?
    Yeah, There seems to be some reshuffling going on, darkhold mini linked to x-factor 10 and this phoenix echo with an old x-men villain going the avengers office side
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm not familiar with Rebecca Roanhorse's writing but she seems to have an amazing resume so I'll be giving this a look when it comes out.

The thing is, I like Echo and I like the Phoenix... but I don't think I like them together?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    And going to be laughed at and brought up in top ten lists for stupid ideas on youtube and CBR a few years from now.

It's like with those "young people doing stupid stunts" montage videos, you don't even need to know how it ends to know it goes wrong and will make the person look dumb.
    I have a feeling it's going to be exactly the case here. Plus you just KNOW this is one of those things that are never going to stick in the long-term.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    This is all because Jean Grey has to be demure and weak so as not to stand out too much against the character she's a love interest for. Yaaaawn.

Someone progressive come save Jean and give her back her look and her super powers, please.

It has nothing to do with Jean. It makes Rachel look dumb. It makes Hope look dumb. It makes every X-story look dumb. This is all about boosting Avengers properties and Marvel continuing to just play Marvel Mashers with everything in their catalogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

Oh please, they're both little more than wallpaper/plot devices right now. Cyclops has nothing to do with this.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    It has nothing to do with Jean. It makes Rachel look dumb. It makes Hope look dumb. It makes every X-story look dumb. This is all about boosting Avengers properties and Marvel continuing to just play Marvel Mashers with everything in their catalogue.
    Just goes to provide evidence that Marvel is largely creatively bankrupt. They really needed Hickman after all.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.