Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Realistically speaking, I don’t know how long Echo’s reign as Phoenix host will last, but it has the potential to be really cool. If the flaming chicken must have a presence in the marvel universe, I highly prefer this scenario over giving it to Jean or another x-man for the thousandth time.

Quick question: is there an explanation for why the Phoenix came back after “No More Phoenix”?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Realistically speaking, I don’t know how long Echo’s reign as Phoenix host will last, but it has the potential to be really cool. If the flaming chicken must have a presence in the marvel universe, I highly prefer this scenario over giving it to Jean or another x-man for the thousandth time.
    Separating this from anything Aaron has done, I do have interest in the premise of this story.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Quick question: is there an explanation for why the Phoenix came back after “No More Phoenix”?
    Maybe something in Resurrection of Jean Grey? Not that I was really under the impression them saying that was anything more the Hope giving up the power so it could do what it needed to do.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I dig the costume personally.

Phoenix is immortal....no matter what Wanda or Hope do on some level the Phoenix will always exist it aserves an important purpose so as long as there is life there will be Phoenix.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    And going to be laughed at and brought up in top ten lists for stupid ideas on youtube and CBR a few years from now.

It's like with those "young people doing stupid stunts" montage videos, you don't even need to know how it ends to know it goes wrong and will make the person look dumb.
    I hope not because I actually like Echo.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Echos about to get a big MCU debut and her own spinoff show. She's going to be in the limelight for a while.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    My fanon theory has the x-office giving up the pf permanently in exchange for scarlet witch, I have no proof but I would totally be ok with it.
    As would I. The X-Men office produced 2 majestic stories with the Phoenix Force (the Dark Phoenix Saga, of course, and Alan Davis' Excalibur) then proceeded to retcon them away; on the other hand the Avengers office is perpetually at a loss on what to do with the Scarlet Witch. I say switch away!

Astonishing Member

Odds are the implosion that The death and implosion the multiverse helped

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

It's like when Marvel said "We won't do any crossovers for a year"

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    This is all because Jean Grey has to be demure and weak so as not to stand out too much against the character she's a love interest for. Yaaaawn.

Someone progressive come save Jean and give her back her look and her super powers, please.

That's all I have to say on this.
    agreed, it's very unfortunate that in an era of reawakening of the want/need for strong female characters in Marvel and other spaces, that Jean Grey has not been included to the extent I would like.

So far it seems a lot of times when the Phoenix force is brought up and especially with Jean Grey, a bunch of characters have a meltdown about how they have to murder her because she will inevitably go insane and destroy the universe. If nothing else Maya Lopez not having that problem is a good additional example that that doesn't have to be the case.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Odds are the implosion that The death and implosion the multiverse helped
    The Phoenix had already came back at the end of Time Runs Out Cyclops after reuniting the X-men and founding Nation X Cyclops (somehow) came into possession of the Phoenix egg during the timeskip. Then Cyclops became the Phoenix an then almost immediately died when God Doom snapped his neck.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

If they wanted to attach an all powerful force to a random character there were so many other choices that might have made a bit more sense than this. Regardless please keep Aaron away from all X-properties in the near future, please and thank you!

Astonishing Member

Aaron and Hickman seem to have horse traded Phoenix for Scarlet Witch.

Begs the question of what was exchanged for Franklin