Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Aaron and Hickman seem to have horse traded Phoenix for Scarlet Witch.

Begs the question of what was exchanged for Franklin
    Mars, turns out it belonged to the avengers/ f4 offices
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    they really pushing this no matter what Phoenix will always be an X thing...and preferably tied to the Jean and Rachel....its been whored out waaaaaaaay to much.
    I used the term "bird STD" the other day.

I literally don't care about any of this except the "surprise" X-Villain. I swear if it's someone stupid like Arcade or Onslaught and not someone kewl like Spiral or Phantazia imma be mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I literally don't care about any of this except the "surprise" X-Villain. I swear if it's someone stupid like Arcade or Onslaught and not someone kewl like Spiral or Phantazia imma be mad.
    Somehow I Think it may be the Adversary, feels like I read it somewhere also some people mentioned the demon bear, my memory is a mess lol
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Where do you place Adversary/Demon Bear on that scale? Because there is a theme and I would be surprised if the villain did not follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...mpression=true

Attachment 111040

I'm sorry you poor bird. And now they messing with the demon bear
    How the mighty and slightly interesting primal force of the universe has fallen.

Thank you Marvel for saving me money.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Fantastic Member

I can't believe they gave Jean's entire personality to another character.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Where do you place Adversary/Demon Bear on that scale? Because there is a theme and I would be surprised if the villain did not follow.
    I mean, I'll take anyone over the usual suspects at this point.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    This is all because Jean Grey has to be demure and weak so as not to stand out too much against the character she's a love interest for. Yaaaawn.

Someone progressive come save Jean and give her back her look and her super powers, please.

That's all I have to say on this.
    Lol except they removed the force from her when Cyclops was dead and she was the "main" character in the books.

But yes, let's not let logic, reality and common sense get in the way of the narrative you're obsessed with.

Extraordinary Member

"The exhilarating story will be packed with revelations about both Echo’s ancestry and the Phoenix Force mythos as well as the debut of new heroes and the shocking return of an iconic X-Men villain."
    This will be fun

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    Lol except they removed the force from her when Cyclops was dead and she was the "main" character in the books.

But yes, let's not let logic, reality and common sense get in the way of the narrative you're obsessed with.
    Exactly.
    She's also been doing a lot in Hix-man era.

I always find it surprising how many jean fans love to put her forward as a victim.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post

Tbf, the Jean during that era is not the same woman in this era, during Red she was pushing herself, her power, and her own vision. Absolutely all of that development seems to be tossed out in favor of dish washing gloves.

This is why the X-Men can't have nice things....
    GrindrStone(D)

Firebird (Bonita Juarez) would've made so much more sense than Echo as the host of the Phoenix Force.
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 06-30-2021 at 10:09 PM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Tbf, the Jean during that era is not the same woman in this era, during Red she was pushing herself, her power, and her own vision. Absolutely all of that development seems to be tossed out in favor of dish washing gloves.
    That kind of development, much like the Phoenix, distracts from the character's main purpose. It had to go.