Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

How many issues is Phoenix Song: Echo ?.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Five

Last edited by juan678; 07-03-2021 at 02:31 AM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Reportedly, in the Hawkeye and Echo Disney+ shows spoilers:
    Vincent D'onofrio will return as Kingpin as part of her backstory. D'onofrio even briefly liked a tweet reporting the initial story

It also means there's very good odds of Daredevil in her spinoff show as well.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Reportedly, in the Hawkeye and Echo Disney+ shows spoilers:
    Vincent D'onofrio will return as Kingpin as part of her backstory. D'onofrio even briefly liked a tweet reporting the initial story

It also means there's very good odds of Daredevil in her spinoff show as well.
    end of spoilers
    That's kind of wild...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's kind of wild...
    The sourcing credible too. Guess Feiges picking all the favorites from spoilers:
    all the previous Marvel adaptations. Evan Peters, D'onofrio, Charlie Cox, basically the whole No Way Home cast...wouldn't be shocked if he talked Jackman into coming back at this rate
    end of spoilers

what were her traditional powers? How are her powers amplified now?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    No powers. She's a Daredevil character, so standard ninja stuff, super athletic. She was the original Ronin so she's good with a sword.
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 07-24-2021 at 06:33 PM.

... is the handprint a tattoo? Or something else?

... is the handprint a tattoo? Or something else?
    Something else. I believe it's part of her costume. In her first appearances, when she was dating Matt, she didn't have the handprint:

As for Echo, always been a fan. She was introduced just as I was getting into Daredevil. Her power or skillset wasn't exactly original. Initially, she reminded me of equal parts Taskmaster and Cassandra Cain. But those powers and skills are still cool nonetheless. Always liked streel level martial artists. Her relationship with Matt was endearing as well. Her getting the Phoenix Force is an unexpected, but intriguing twist. Hopefully will see the pay off soon.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The sourcing credible too. Guess Feiges picking all the favorites from spoilers:
    all the previous Marvel adaptations. Evan Peters, D'onofrio, Charlie Cox, basically the whole No Way Home cast...wouldn't be shocked if he talked Jackman into coming back at this rate
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    There is a spoiler that Michelle Yeoh's character in Shang Chi is the guardian of a mystical city and given Fiege wanted to make an Iron Fist movie before the tv guys got their hands on him, IF might get a clean reboot in the MCU through Shang Chi.

We might be getting a COIE style event where the MCU characters team up with or fight against characters from other franchises during the multiverse war.
    end of spoilers

Echo finds herself besieged on all sides as the eyes of the human and mutant worlds zero in on the Phoenix! But the deadliest threat is buried in her past…and her future. A new ally with strange powers of his own claims to have the clues Maya needs to stop her timeline from unraveling, but can a cosmically powered fighter really trust this handsome stranger? Enemies abound as Echo struggles with her newfound strength…and the weaknesses she doesn’t even know yet

PHOENIX SONG: ECHO #2 (OF 5)
    Writer: REBECCA ROANHORSE
    Artists: LUCA MARESCA & KYLE CHARLES
    Cover by CORY SMITH
    Release Date: November 2021

Marvel has bastardized the Phoenix beyond belief at this point. It belongs with Jean Grey or nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Marvel has bastardized the Phoenix beyond belief at this point. It belongs with Jean Grey or nobody.
    It is called the Marvel Universe not the X Universe
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Jean is one of my top favorite characters. But I'm enjoying her having a chance to shine without the Phoenix hanging over her. If Echo being the host ends up being good then it's another neat chapter in Marvel's history, if it doesn't then it'll fade away like many other things.