Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    My good (real life) friend's latest video tackles the anti-diversity crowd who constantly bellyache about diversity in comic books. If so inclined, give him a watch, thanks -

I thought it was a decent watch. But your friend rambled on too often and it was hard to follow.

EDIT- I just never saw diverse characters as a problem. It's a new perspective or an opportunity.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 07-03-2021 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    What's wrong with her hair? I'm not a He-Man fan so I'm out of the loop
    She got a haircut. A haircut. And it turned into a wokeness/ transphobic mess.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Over at the he-man.org forums it began about Teela’s hair and has since escalated to transphobic and homophobic bigotry. I’m probably leaving the boards if the mods don’t step in soon.

***edit

Mods stepped in and deleted and reprimanded, thankfully.
    Teela's hair?

That's a hell of a thing..

The internet notices the strangest things....

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Let me guess they saw a black woman and that was more than enough to set them off?

Or the women actually looked in shape? Gee they just dealt with a war-is it that hard to accept women being in shape on that planet?
    That and another woman with a half-shaved head apparently lol.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I thought it was a decent watch. But your friend rambled on too often and it was hard to follow.

EDIT- I just never saw diverse characters as a problem. It's a new perspective or an opportunity.
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll pass it on. I've told him to stay focused but he does have a touch of ADHD (in his defense) so it is a challenge for him.
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-03-2021 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Teela's hair?

That's a hell of a thing..

The internet notices the strangest things....
    Oh, yeah, my friend (the Youtube one) told me the Comic Gates crowd has been harping on Teela's new hairdo for about three weeks. I don't know if this is true as I tend to avoid their content. I guess these other trolls finally caught up.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    She got a haircut. A haircut. And it turned into a wokeness/ transphobic mess.
    That's it? Every other female character is drawn generically attractive according to Eurocentric standards yet one short haired woman sets them off. So why do they call everyone else easily offended?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    That's it? Every other female character is drawn generically attractive according to Eurocentric standards yet one short haired woman sets them off. So why do they call everyone else easily offended?
    Apparently, it is the "shaved on one side" short style they hate the most. From what I gathered it is a "coded man-hating feminist lesbian" hairstyle designed to brainwash kids according to Comics Gaters hahaha.

It sounds like the Captain Marvel thing all over again. women with short hair 'look like a man' or some such, yeah? Hilariously, (?) her haircut is pretty much my haircut, aside form colour. (mine is turquoise, so extra bad) Mine used to be quite a bit shorter, but i began cutting it myself because covid, and grew the top out, and shaved the sides/back because it was a cut i could do myself, and I like it. But some people have really weird ideas about women's hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    It sounds like the Captain Marvel thing all over again. women with short hair 'look like a man' or some such, yeah? Hilariously, (?) her haircut is pretty much my haircut, aside form colour. (mine is turquoise, so extra bad) Mine used to be quite a bit shorter, but i began cutting it myself because covid, and grew the top out, and shaved the sides/back because it was a cut i could do myself, and I like it. But some people have really weird ideas about women's hair.
    Thou art a witch, the hair proves it, lol -

(low volume)

I mean if it meant i could get magic powers, i'd be fine with being a witch

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I mean if it meant i could get magic powers, i'd be fine with being a witch
    Hahaha yeah, but historically "witches" as we know were normal people (mainly women) who got caught up in the hysteria of the times (like many "communists" in the 1950s & 1960s).

Thanks for the feedback, I'll pass it on. I've told him to stay focused but he does have a touch of ADHD (in his defense) so it is a challenge for him.
    No worries.

Yup. and i certainly would have been one of the ones targeted. tho to be fair most modern women would. but... probably me more than most. The hair, unmarried, atheist, actually... I've bought stuff from the Satanic Temple, i have a pin and shirt from them that reads 'hail Satan' written on it, and listen to numerous bands that are all like 'yay, Satan!' (I don't believe Satan is real, mind you. It's more of a symbolic thing) so.... yeah I'd have burned.

Ultimate Member

Apparently, it is the "shaved on one side" short style they hate the most. From what I gathered it is a "coded man-hating feminist lesbian" hairstyle designed to brainwash kids according to Comics Gaters hahaha.
    As if ever every woman exists to cater to their desires. It's pathetic