Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    That's something I didn't know.Thanks.

My points were
    1)Diversity while important isn't going to boost sales by itself and we need to make sure the quality of stories is high and not use said diversity as an excuse for bad comics.
    2)Marvel/DC shouldn't listen to extremes.We have seen the SJW ruin characters(Captain Marvel, She-Hulk and they just replaced Iron Fist in a terrible way as well),I don't really remember that from the other side(I'm sure there are some just not ones I remember).Not only that many of them also don't buy comics, most of them I have talked to always pirate.
    Also in relations to art I stand that it's a comic book so people can have appealing figured.Both male and females do and I feel complaining about that is a bit stupid.Another Manga>comics thing.
    3)They need to trim down some families like Spider-fam etc.
    One advantage Mangas have over comics, we don't see a bakugo-fam.
    I don't recall SJWs ruining anything in Marvel. SJWs are just a bogeyman to avoid progress

Also, some of the Comics Gaters won't accept reality. One prominent member stubbornly insists Miles Morales is a "tokenized failure" a "ripoff" and nothing more than "Peter Parker in Jordans", despite Miles co-starring in one of the most successful animated movies ever and his own successful video game. *shakes head*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

If I was talking to your friend I would probably be nodding my head a lot. I've watched videos that were 10-15 minutes where the person starting repeating their point over and over after the first 4 minutes, but I felt like there was a lot of thought here to warrant the length. Unfortunately, YouTube just does not work the way he is going to want it to if he is trying to get views. Word of mouth might get him a little growth, but there is a reason so many channels seem to follow the same topics and outrage (regardless of viewpoint).

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Not to be overly dramatic, but I also see a great deal of hatred in their videos directed towards current creators. A few current creators appear to be their favored punching bags. They seem to count it as a "victory" when one of the creators engages with them out of anger on a platform (typically Twitter) after being constantly needled by them and/or their followers. I think this approach is mean-spirited especially when the criticism gets, as is often the case, extremely personal; lifestyle choices, beliefs, physical appearance, sexuality, ext.
    People have been treating Liefeld as a punching bag forever. It happens. There have been plenty of creators who have been attacked on Twitter for no reason, and not by 'those people'. Your friend has a good outlook, but your attempt to frame it in whatever current social media spat you are worried about will not help him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't recall SJWs ruining anything in Marvel. SJWs are just a bogeyman to avoid progress
    I mean there are people who wanted Captain Marvel to be how she was in CW2 and who love current she-hulk.
    But I don't think I used that term right.
    If so I apologize

Extraordinary Member

Also, some of the Comics Gaters won't accept reality. One prominent member stubbornly insists Miles Morales is a "tokenized failure" a "ripoff" and nothing more than "Peter Parker in Jordans", despite Miles co-starring in one of the most successful animated movies ever and his own successful video game. *shakes head*
    I don't most people think Miles is a complete knockoff even in the comics but he is similar( I always said that Miles had many similarities with Peter but their differences are there, I just think Peter has way better differences, already listed all this stuff on Spider-man threads but it is a matter of opinion).
    And movie and game miles are different than the comics version and far superior.

Extraordinary Member

Not to be overly dramatic, but I also see a great deal of hatred in their videos directed towards current creators. A few current creators appear to be their favored punching bags. They seem to count it as a "victory" when one of the creators engages with them out of anger on a platform (typically Twitter) after being constantly needled by them and/or their followers. I think this approach is mean-spirited especially when the criticism gets, as is often the case, extremely personal; lifestyle choices, beliefs, physical appearance, sexuality, ext.
    Criticism is fine but only of the writing.
    Nothing to do with the personal life.

I don't most people think Miles is a complete knockoff even in the comics but he is similar( I always said that Miles had many similarities with Peter but their differences are there, I just think Peter has way better differences, already listed all this stuff on Spider-man threads but it is a matter of opinion).
    And movie and game miles are different than the comics version and far superior.
    Lol, oh so this is where you went to after going to the Miles Morales appreciation thread to trash Miles. Changing the forum doesn't alter outcomes! Miles comic has gone to 2nd printing several times, which speaks to comics readership and like for the character overall. You can continue to dismiss the movies, and game just cause it doesn't support your grudge against what so many people know is a great character. Besides you're starting to sound like the "batfans" that have no real issue with 15 other batmans and robins, but seem to needle out the black ones! Those are the type of people that have "diversity " fatigue.

Ultimate Member

I mean there are people who wanted Captain Marvel to be how she was in CW2 and who love current she-hulk.
    But I don't think I used that term right.
    If so I apologize
    No, it's ok. Tbh I didn't like Carol's portrayal in CW2 but hero vs hero conflicts always make OOC moments. Idk why anyone would want that but I don't see how that would be SJW. As for She-Hulk, her new form isn't true to her normal portrayal but that comes from a time when all female characters were drawn to be "sexy" because anything else is an affront to gender norms or whatever so I'm not really sad one female hero isn't drawn that way anymore

Extraordinary Member

Last edited by Spiderfan001; 07-01-2021 at 08:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Also this isn't the thread for this.I don't think we have one.So I will edit out the last post.It's a giant one as well.
    We can discuss this somewhere else where it is more relevant.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 07-01-2021 at 08:01 AM.

Criticism is fine but only of the writing.
    Nothing to do with the personal life.
    This is my view as well. If you have a problem with the writing or characterization that is one thing but keep personal lives out of it.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

My friend was a dedicated Darkhawk fan since the early 90s. He’s waited years for current Marvel to start boosting up the character and his potential like Nova during the first Annihilation event.

Only for my friend to find out, Chris is dead now and being replaced by a a young Asian male with multiple sclerosis.

So now he blames diversity.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    My friend was a dedicated Darkhawk fan since the early 90s. He’s waited years for current Marvel to start boosting up the character and his potential like Nova during the first Annihilation event.

Only for my friend to find out, Chris is dead now and being replaced by a a young Asian male with multiple sclerosis.

I mean if he's a good character then it's okay but would still hurt.But shouldn't blame diversity, more the legacy trend.
    If his entire personality is just that, then it's a problem.

Extraordinary Member

This is my view as well. If you have a problem with the writing or characterization that is one thing but keep personal lives out of it.
    Agreed.
    Professional and private lives should be separate.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

Haha, I didn't know Darkhawk had dedicated fans. I guess every character has some appeal