Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

I know the least about Sunfire. I'm looking forward to getting to know him on this run.
    Mutant and Proud!

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I think it was said we'll be seeing Gambit here and there but I'm okay with Rogue being solo for a bit.

The appeal to me is we now have an X-Men team from a sovereign nation and all that may entail. Plus the art is gorgeous.
    That's something. I could just use a lot more Gambit, and especially in this book. He's always been one of the most underutilized characters with so much potential. Especially for a fan fav. And I like to see relationship and character driven stuff like Rogue/Gambit really be prominent, not take a back seat for a "shake up" kind of thing so soon.

I always like more "meat and potatoes" character stuff, a little less focus on spectacle. Not to say there won't be some. That "day in the life" thing that makes it feel like these characters are living their lives, together etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SavageJudgeDredd View Post
    I always like more "meat and potatoes" character stuff, a little less focus on spectacle. Not to say there won't be some. That "day in the life" thing that makes it feel like these characters are living their lives, together etc.
    Oh man, I could not agree with you more. That is the kind of stuff I am drawn to in the comics too!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    I'm a little annoyed with Rogue and Synch on the same team... I love them both... But their skills are very similar. Unless Rogue uses more super strength and flight
    What this does is it allows for a scenario where because there is no teleporter for example you can have Synch soak up the powers of Sunfire ,Polaris and X23 and fight a whole squad of sentinels/Orchis squad on the west coast.Rogue soak up powers of whatever Xeno throws at her over Paris all the while Jean,Scott,Polaris,Sunfire and X23 are taking care of an alien invasion on the moon.It definitely helps especially when the team is stretched, plus I'm sure either Rogue or Synch will copy Nightcrawler's or Tempo's powers to have in surprise reserve so that there is always something surprising to wow fans with that sets their skillset apart from the rest.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SavageJudgeDredd View Post
    That's something. I could just use a lot more Gambit, and especially in this book. He's always been one of the most underutilized characters with so much potential. Especially for a fan fav. And I like to see relationship and character driven stuff like Rogue/Gambit really be prominent, not take a back seat for a "shake up" kind of thing so soon.

Goddddd we just had two years of "world building" and spinoff setups, we finally get an X-Book where the X-Men are heroes and not diplomats or nationalists, just heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Duggan wrote a much better Rogue in 3 pages than Howard did in 20+ issues of Excalibur.
    By… having her say some exposition and then get hit? Using “ah” instead of “I” to cartoonishly represent a southern accent? Come on lol he may write her better but there’s nothing here and y’all just want an excuse to attack Tini in every thread

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Goddddd we just had two years of "world building" and spinoff setups, we finally get an X-Book where the X-Men are heroes and not diplomats or nationalists, just heroes.

Amén for this.

I hate the Hickman age sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Amén for this.

I hate the Hickman age sorry
    My people.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member

If we could also get a B-list/Underdog team of mutants doing lower key heroic stuff (ala. the original X-force) detached/unrelated to the whole Krakoa thing, i think we could have a nice corner in the X-men line to wait the Hickman status quo out (if the quality is there), together with X-men: Legends.

Astonishing Member

Let's hope it is what you expect.You could easily find Xavier and Magnus directives still being pushed by Scott/Jean and Polaris respectively while Rogue is siding with mama ,suspicious of both.. with maybe Laura, Everett and Shiro keeping the peace after all this is the flagship so the drama is top down

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    I like the art but I just don’t like sunfire. He needs to be replaced.
    Wow... There seems to be quite a few who don't like Sunfire.

I don't like X-23 and the team should get in the original Wolverine instead.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Finally!! Hot females in dresses!
    I'm late but someone is down bad here

I am very excited about this team - Especially with the addition of Sunfire and Synch. Plus Duggar has expressed his desire to flesh out more of Shiro's character.

Less than three days to go. Are you ready, people?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Less than three days to go. Are you ready, people?
    I don't really care. Unfortunately, I expect it to be pretty mediocre with gorgeous art. After the first arc or so the artist will also probably change again and it will be fully embracing it mediocracy.

Super happy, that Synch is FINALLY back.

I cannot wait for Hickman's Inferno though. I think we will be in a real treat again!!