Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Default X-Men #1 Preview (Spoilers)

Link

Its War of the Worlds X-Men style!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

My heart is filled with joy!!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Yup everything looks freaking gorgeous! Hopefully those buildings were evacuated yikes.

Wow I'm so excited!!! Absolutely gorgeous.

Thank you for posting!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The art is sublime, looks like a scene out of a movie.

No text, but these would be the next two pages.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yup everything looks freaking gorgeous! Hopefully those buildings were evacuated yikes.
    It makes one ponder what might a potential species ending war might actually look like. It certainly wouldn't be very pretty left up to the world governments. Most fiction including Independence Day tend to have the human side willing to launch tactical nukes even in urban centers to prevent the end from coming.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-01-2021 at 01:03 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

No text, but these would be the next two pages.

It makes one ponder what might a potential species ending war might actually look like.

Most fiction including Independence Day tend to have the human side willing to launch tactical nukes even in urban centers to prevent the end from coming.
    Damn seems like that thing is immune to Polaris's powers nice save Rogue!!! This is the best showing since she beat the stuffing out of Apoc back in Excalibur!

Ugh this fight scene is so dynamic!!!

Damn seems like that thing is immune to Polaris's powers nice save Rogue!!! This is the best showing since she beat the stuffing out of Apoc back in Excalibur!

Ugh this fight scene is so dynamic!!!
    It is movie quality. Whoever is doing the colors certainly helped the great inks.

We also need more Rogue putting her back into it!

Astonishing Member

Talk about starting off with a BANG!!!

Extraordinary Member

Looks great,
    killed like a hundred people though

BANNED

AHHHHHHH ROGUE getting smashed around like in the Claremont days is giving what it was supposed to have GAVE!

Woah, that thing seems to be launching a sonic attack and Lorna just wrapped them in a steel beam cocoon. Take all my money right now.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

The X-Men vs Shinji Ikari's Eva-01!

Astonishing Member

Its War of the Worlds X-Men style!
    Looks more like a semi-biological war machine/robot so either Kaiju or Mecha type story. Also bipedal, the war of the world walkers are infamously tri-legged (hence tripods).

If anyone will blame the X-men for those potential casulties i'm going to be annoyed with the tired old narrative. Though chances are Rogue having followed it gave everyone enough time to off-screen evacuate the buildings in the way.

It makes one ponder what might a potential species ending war might actually look like. It certainly wouldn't be very pretty left up to the world governments. Most fiction including Independence Day tend to have the human side willing to launch tactical nukes even in urban centers to prevent the end from coming.
    I don't think you need to ponder a lot considering the scenarios you mentioned have been covered a lot in fiction.

Anime and manga especialy have a broad list of works involving various such scenarios and with similar wide range of visual depictions of it in progress or it's aftermaths. So the visuals can reach from bleak barren worlds to worlds recovering from it with the remains of human civilizations left overgrown by nature.

Also yes, nukes tend to be shown as the last option and often so devestating (and often enough inefficient in the long run) that the humans are usualy willing to look for crazy alternatives at which point super soldiers, super weapons or mechs come into play.

Which in turn reminds me to the Marvel comic Strike Force Morituri, in which humanity is besieged by an alien horde devestating Earth. Eventualy a scientist discovers a super soldier serum which can give normal humans randomized super powers ala the X-gene, but at the price of them dying within a year or less.

So one generation of heros after the other is shown throwing themself against the Horde (they eventualy win and even find a way to stablize the serum).

The serum eventualy found it's way into 616 by the way, when a mutant with the power to hop between dimensions was forced to steal it for an arms dealer in Spurrier's X-force. Who then used it to empower his goons, sell it to mercenaries or use it's unstable form to turn people into living bombs.
    Cable also got injected with it, resulting in him dying within a day. So he had Nemesis freeze his body and produce a clone of him each day who then gets the memories of the previous clone downloaded... sounds strangely familiar doesn't it?

And suddently i remember it might still potentialy be out there if Nemesis and X-force did not manage to find and destroy all informations and samples of it. Better hope no extremist group like Xeno gets their hands on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    The X-Men vs Shinji Ikari's Eva-01!
    Well if Jean can telepathically calm down Shinji, or make him drop his AT field by reducing his moral so Rogue or Polaris can rip out the pilot plug, i don't think they would have much difficult.

Handling the angels meanwhile, that's a whole different subject.

Also there are worse bio-mechanical invaders/mechs where those come from.
    Last edited by Grunty; 07-01-2021 at 01:46 PM.