Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You treat it as though they’re being forced to do this against their will. Hell, it was Cyclops and Jean’s decision to reform the X-Men and gave an entire speech to the council of how the X-Men protect those who need protecting. And when it came to them reforming the X-Men, different mutants threw their hats into the ring to be candidates by their own choice. So what’s the complaint about people choosing to do the right thing and protect those who need protecting regardless of race? By the logic presented here, minorities shouldn’t choose to become police officers, firefighters or join the military because racist acts of violence persist in the real world and that people should think negatively about them rather than finding it admirable.
    This is not the argument you think it is. But YES, your last line is correct and is exactly what I and many others want some of you to understand. Just ask the Harlem Hellfighters how “admirable” their efforts were perceived.

Also, I have NO CLUE how Dugan will approach this, but he seems educated enough (from what I’ve seen on social media) to handle it with a critical eye. The stories of old, of the x-men being mules and “turning the other cheek” to the same people who hate them and want them dead were written by idiotic and naive white men who didn’t understand the metaphor they were appropriating. They don’t make sense in today’s clown world and art changes with the times. Hickman, to his credit, seems to get it.
    Last edited by PANDEMONIUM; 07-05-2021 at 06:39 PM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PANDEMONIUM View Post
    It’s enough that they even have a law that states kill no human. Because EYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE would fry the first bitch who throws a brick at my head, and that’s on cyclops and his clone baby mother.

This and pick me vibes = the same energy and I’m sawriiiiiiii but no.
    They absolutely do not obey the Kill No Humans law. By all appearances either Magneto or someone else high up in Krakoas government killed a human (or, at best, someone they currently believe to be human) during their "make nice with the humans" event, and other characters have shown that "kill no man" essentially means "no outright terrorism"

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    They absolutely do not obey the Kill No Humans law. By all appearances either Magneto or someone else high up in Krakoas government killed a human (or, at best, someone they currently believe to be human) during their "make nice with the humans" event, and other characters have shown that "kill no man" essentially means "no outright terrorism"
    Huh? One person comitting a crime and being judged for it means that the law is pointless or something? Do you even know how the law works in the real world? Do people just simply not murder other people because it's against the law, or do they still do it but are investigated and judged for it? Does the fact that murders still happen mean that the law doesn't matter?

Detailed citation needed.

Lol people always complain that they want classic x-men. Nvm that when that happens we get stuff like x-men gold. And then the same people that wanted the classic stuff complain that there is too much regression. If i want classic x-men stuff i just re-read claremont’s stuff. I’m here for exciting new stuff. Besides you can never out do what claremont did. Try and evolve the mythos like morrison did like hickman does. Instead trying the same old thing with different writes and different x-teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    ComicBook.com gives it 3.5/5 stars and, though they praise its craftsmanship, the reviewer criticizes it for feeling "retrograde." NOTE: Review contains some spoilers.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/x-...s-2021-duggan/
    Yeah this what i’m afraid would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    Yeah this what i’m afraid would happen.
    same! Guess I will leave this book after a couple of issues when the artist Pepe Larraz leaves too.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    same! Guess I will leave this book after a couple of issues when the artist Pepe Larraz leaves too.
    Yeah i’m going to read the first issue and if it not any thing spectacular, I’m going to wait till it hits marvel unlimited.

I totally understand everyone's trepidation regarding this series, but my hope is hinging on the awesomeness that was Planet Size X-Men #1, which was produced by this same exact team. EVERYONE is going to have an opinion on and preference for what an X-Men #1 comic should be, especially as it tries to establish itself amidst the paradigm-shifting Hickman era. Nonetheless, I have high hopes for this series.

Granted, it may take a few issues - I'm thinking 1-3 - to find its footing and hit its stride, but I think it'll be pretty difficult to **** this up. Duggan and Larraz have already proven themselves to be adept artists, and they have a wonderful mix of seven amazing and legendary characters to play with and explore, so I'm betting on this series eventually turning out to be great.

That being said, the reviews have ranged from good to excellent, so that is certainly a good sign.

For those of you who want to keep track of the reviews, here's the Comic Book Roundup page for the series, which currently has an aggregate score of 8.2/10 - a solid B.

https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...x-men-(2021)/1

I'm skeptical that Larraz will stay longer than the series' launch to be honest. Duggan's writing is not my cup of tea. Planet-Size X-Men felt very Hickman and less Duggan tbh...

But if the series is good, I'm all here for it and throw all my money at them. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I'm skeptical that Larraz will stay longer than the series' launch to be honest. Duggan's writing is not my cup of tea. Planet-Size X-Men felt very Hickman and less Duggan tbh...
    I think Larraz will be onboard for at least 6-12 months. However, wouldn't it be amazing if he were followed by Dauterman? I'm dying for Dauterman to be a regular artist an X-Men series, especially one featuring Jean, which is his favorite character, after all.

Also, Planet-Size X-Men did feel "very Hickman," which I think is indicative of Duggan's heretofore revealed capabilities. I actually think he is going to surprise us with this series. :fingers crossed:

Spectacular Member

Sure, because if one person belonging to a country or race does something bad it means they are all bad, right? Like, if a black person kills, or steals, black people are all murderers or thieves? What kind of logic is this? �� Do you also think all USA teenagers are mass murderers because some of them have been? That 100% of USA policemen are racists murderers because some of them have shown they are? I mean, there are pedophiles, rapist and abusive persons virtually in any country, does this make laws against pedophilia, rape and violence useless?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    Sure, because if one person belonging to a country or race does something bad it means they are all bad, right? Like, if a black person kills, or steals, black people are all murderers or thieves? What kind of logic is this? �� Do you also think all USA teenagers are mass murderers because some of them have been? That 100% of USA policemen are racists murderers because some of them have shown they are? I mean, there are pedophiles, rapist and abusive persons virtually in any country, does this make laws against pedophilia, rape and violence useless?
    +100. The truth of this post.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    When the people who make the rules carve out constant exceptions for themselves to break them, yes, it is in fact a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Huh? One person comitting a crime and being judged for it means that the law is pointless or something? Do you even know how the law works in the real world? Do people just simply not murder other people because it's against the law, or do they still do it but are investigated and judged for it? Does the fact that murders still happen mean that the law doesn't matter?
    X-Force, and other occasions they've shown the law can be revoked at will when it's convenient. Essentially it really means only main characters can't do it.