Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Just "skimmed" the reviews as to go into issue #1 as "blind" as possible. I'm REALLY excited! Wednesday can't come soon enough. Looking forward to discussing it with y'all on Wednesday.
    Same. I skimmed also so I don't learn too much but the stuff I peeked at sounds awesome. I'm so ready!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Same. I skimmed also so I don't learn too much but the stuff I peeked at sounds awesome. I'm so ready!
    Yes, I'm very curious learn more about the location of their headquarters. That was interesting.
    Mutant and Proud!

Basically, Trail of Magneto will be about proving Pietro a true Mutant and Wanda is not his sister.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The reviewer finished the book feeling "frazzled" - lol - but did give 8/10 stars.

The biggest criticism I've seen so far is that there is a lack of deep character exploration and the introduction of many possible plotlines.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

This isn't Hickman, there doesn't need to be 5 plotlines introduced every other issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    The reviewer finished the book feeling "frazzled" - lol - but did give 8/10 stars.

The biggest criticism I've seen so far is that there is a lack of deep character exploration and the introduction of many possible plotlines.
    I am assuming issue two will be more of the interpersonal focus. That and the philosophical issues will surely rear their head soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    This review seemed a bit "nitpicky." Too much detail in the background? Really? Comics are a visual medium and if you really look at Larraz's work he actually breaks a lot of detail down to simple, yet effective, gestures.
    I like the thought of several plot threads being "dangled" in issue 1. It's a tradition in X-Men. The "Things To Come" page.

I'm really banking on this book to be great. It has 3 of my favorite characters in it (Cyclops, Synch and Jean), my current favorite artist and colorist are on art and after the last year of Covid I just need a fun ride in a comic book.

A friend of mine recently told me he was amazed at my ability to still get excited about comic books at the age of 47. I hold onto my excitement and childlike wonder like a lifeline. Dammit, I'm gonna enjoy X-Men 1 and we're gonna celebrate on Wednesday.
    Mutant and Proud!

Glanced at some of the reviews and I can honestly say the HQ thing I find pretty interesting. Hopefully we get some decent moments from Synch and Sunfire and I'll be a happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

I'm good with all of that with a setup first issue, especially one coming behind the amazing Planet-Size.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Glanced at some of the reviews and I can honestly say the HQ thing I find pretty interesting. Hopefully we get some decent moments from Synch and Sunfire and I'll be a happy camper.
    I can see where, like that one reviewer, a select few members of the readership here might take a certain amount of umbrage with the bit of history surrounding it. If correct...I LOVE IT!!! It definitely adds another layer to the mutants' story.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

This review seemed a bit "nitpicky." Too much detail in the background? Really? Comics are a visual medium and if you really look at Larraz's work he actually breaks a lot of detail down to simple, yet effective, gestures.
    I like the thought of several plot threads being "dangled" in issue 1. It's a tradition in X-Men. The "Things To Come" page.

I'm really banking on this book to be great. It has 3 of my favorite characters in it (Cyclops, Synch and Jean), my current favorite artist and colorist are on art and after the last year of Covid I just need a fun ride in a comic book.

A friend of mine recently told me he was amazed at my ability to still get excited about comic books at the age of 47. I hold onto my excitement and childlike wonder like a lifeline. Dammit, I'm gonna enjoy X-Men 1 and we're gonna celebrate on Wednesday.
    That's the vibe and I love it!

Sounds great and yes some reviewers are nitpicky as a matter of course. I have to admit when the cast was announced I only knew the character Synch from a conversation between Lorna and Xavier.

This is just going to be another mediocre x-books with good art for the first arc like x-men gold and Extraordinary X-Men right?? Same boring protecting a world that hates fears them. No matter what happens they always go back to the same boring status quo. I hope i’m wrong but there reviews aren’t making me hopefull.

Yes, I'm very curious learn more about the location of their headquarters. That was interesting.
    Agreed. Looked interesting to me as well.