Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Harvest popping up could be fun.
    Oh yeah Harvest was a thing once...he had an awful design but has some potential, though I think currently Stargirl is doing the whole hero children kidnapped plot.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Didn't know he is Australian.

But, I did think he was capable of doing good with Clark and more than the other team Superman folks I think he has the most interesting chance at really getting Jon as a main character.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I'm another person who doesn't like that Jon was aged up, nor do I like Bad Superman, and so I wasn't looking forward to this book... but that interview put me at ease. Looking forward to this run now.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Looks like the Reborn origin. Good. This simplifies things.

I mean... not that Reborn is simple... but just for Jon it's much simpler than Convergence or Mxy's version

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Stunningly beautiful art. If nothing else, this book's cover price is earned by Timms alone.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Some words to the preview pages

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Insert rolling eyes
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Insert rolling eyes
    But I mean...she's not wrong?

Superman being able to have natural born kids with a human woman in the first place is a monumental event in itself. That same kid being raised and trained by Superman and Lois from birth leaves him way ahead of the class when it comes to hero templates to directly pull from.

That doesn't even get into what potential level of power can be expected from him-- since, again, he's totally new territory.

Taylor using WW to shill how great Super-characters are. Injustice or regular universe, consistent that he is.

Superman being able to have natural born kids with a human woman in the first place is a monumental event in itself. That same kid being raised and trained by Superman and Lois from birth leaves him way ahead of the class when it comes to hero templates to directly pull from.

That doesn't even get into what potential level of power can be expected from him-- since, again, he's totally new territory.
    I mean yeah that’s how I read it, putting great expectations on the first son of one of the world’s greatest heroes. I’m sure similar things have been said for other hero kids, because they will literally be born and raised by those who came first and into a world already used to superheroes.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Yeah, Jon's birth would be a massive event. He'd be the first new Kryptonian since Krypton's destruction. That alone, separate from how powerful he could be, is a milestone event in the DCU.

Plus, it's not like he called him "The Golden Child" or anything like that

You might dislike the idea of Superman having a kid entirely or just hate Jon's character, but it is impossible to argue that birth of Superman's (and Lois'!) child would not be viewed as a world (universe?) changing event.

Time to create the Viltrumite empire ,I mean kryptonian empire.

That was so over the top and yes cringeworthy statements in anything written to prop someone up artificially that I can't believe you all just ate it up and with a giant sized spoon
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.