Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Bruh I meant actually going deep into science.Not some BS that uses similar popular words.
    And they had a telepath impregnate a Reality warper who gave birth to a sword space station from his stomach in the same comics.Yeah that's not remotely how things work
    I'm pretty sure the exact same thing happened in Kim Stanley Robinson's Green Mars. it's been a few years though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    They also need to sort out Storm’s official title. Because this fears it’s been president, regent, Queen and Voice of Sol
    She has many different official titles Storm, Wind Runner, Hadari Yao, Queen of Arrako, Regent of Sol.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I love Doom too, but I hate how defensive elements of his fandom get whenever it's implied someone could take him in a fight. (Especially if that someone is a woman.) Victor is the biggest heel in comics, we all know it. But a heel's job isn't just to trash the heroes and look good at their expense. It's also to elevate other talent and get them to the next level. Storm deserves this time to shine and being made a contemporary of (and social superior) to Doom, whom even he has to reluctantly show respect to, is a great start.
    Last edited by Handsome men don't lose fights; 07-23-2021 at 07:56 PM.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Mars lack of a magnetic field allowed solar winds to blow away most of his atmosphere over many billions of years, mars also always came short on mass and the proper planetary core dynamics that allowed our planet to keep generating it’s own magnetic field and tectonic activity, both mars and Venus in the past may have been damaged by particularly catastrophic impacts that adversely affected their rotation while planet earth was lucky enough to be involved in the “theia” impact that gave birth to the moon which helped in the stabilization of its rotation and generation on sea tides and ultimately life.
    There was an episode of NOVA that basically said Jupiter played a role in Mars becoming a dead world by stealing/disrupting the material that would have allowed Mars to grow to the size of Earth and Venus during the formation of the Solar System.

The Planets: Jupiter

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/video/...anets-jupiter/
    Last edited by rcaguy; 07-23-2021 at 10:39 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I love Doom too, but I hate how defensive elements of his fandom get whenever it's implied someone could take him in a fight. (Especially if that someone is a woman.) Victor is the biggest heel in comics, we all know it. But a heel's job isn't just to trash the heroes and look good at their expense. It's also to elevate other talent and get them to the next level. Storm deserves this time to shine and being made a contemporary of (and social superior) to Doom, whom even he has to reluctantly show respect to, is a great start.
    Not more than the Storm fandom.

(This is a joke, please don't kill me)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Not more than the Storm fandom.

(This is a joke, please don't kill me)
    LOL. As a Storm-fan, there is some truth there-in. I've seen it.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I've gone off on this series, honestly.

The last issue, everything is about Krakoa & Wanda.

This, it's all about Storm & Doom.

Whatever happened to taking a bigger view, like a spacer?

"I speak for Sol", does anyone remember that?

(And before you bring up Mars... it may be a planet, but it's an annex of Krakoa, bound to its agenda.)

What about the actual cast and story of the bloody book?

The past issue "I speak for Sol" (who can ever forget?), 06, was a direct "aftermath" tie-in to the HFG and terraforming Mars that featured Wizz Kid, Brand and Frenzy and Eden...the main characters of SWORD, talking to the members of the Galactic Council ie leading into the bigger view.

ALL we've seen of "Storm and Doom" are a few pages of an unlettered preview for issue 07 which hasn't been released yet and...

Which could delve into an even "bigger view" which you are so anxious to read.

It's been less than a month...Patience, is a good virtue to embrace.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-24-2021 at 03:30 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I've gone off on this series, honestly.

The last issue, everything is about Krakoa & Wanda.

This, it's all about Storm & Doom.

Whatever happened to taking a bigger view, like a spacer?

"I speak for Sol", does anyone remember that?

(And before you bring up Mars... it may be a planet, but it's an annex of Krakoa, bound to its agenda.)

What about the actual cast and story of the bloody book?
    I do agree that I liked the idea of it being a bit wider in scope and less tied directly to Krakoa, and now it's literally all about Krakoa running everything again like the rest of the books

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I do agree that I liked the idea of it being a bit wider in scope and less tied directly to Krakoa, and now it's literally all about Krakoa running everything again like the rest of the books
    How is it all about Krakoa? Issue 5 was about SWORD ending the snarkwar and building a alliance with Arakki and 6 was about announcing sovereignty over Mars and announcing its leadership as well as announcing the new Galactic currency "Sol".

None of which has anything to do with krakoa, directly.

Spectacular Member

Didn't Storm "nap" during her time with the Avengers during Bendis's run?

This is all I'm saying, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man27 View Post
    Didn't Storm "nap" during her time with the Avengers during Bendis's run?
    No, she once said she can do crowd control. And then we never saw her again on the team.

Do your legs ever get tired from jumping to conclusions? Of course issue 6 was more tied to Krakoa, it was connected to the Hellfire Gala but even then we got to see connections to the wider Marvel universe with the council. The next issue hasn’t even been released, but apparently the book is “literally all about Krakoa.” I’m pretty sure we’re about to tie into the Last Annihilation which has everything to do with the Marvel Cosmic wide of things.