Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't listen to unsubstantiated gossip and rumours purported as "informed facts" so I'm taking her role seriously and loving this book immensely.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

And even if it does get cancelled that doesn't eliminate her role in the larger cosmic marvel landscape going forward.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

No, it really doesn't. As Ewing seems to have the reigns of Marvel's Cosmic Universe well in hand. Conceptually, SWORD is bigger and more far-reaching than X-Men-on-Earth.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Amazing Member

Whilst I'm really excited to see Storm joining SWORD and hopefully improving the sales and therefore giving the book a lot more
    longevity going forward, I hope Brand isn't going to be shoved to one side and given a minor role. After all, SWORD has always
    been her 'thing', mention SWORD and you think of Abigail Brand.

I really do love the likely possibility of Doom meeting the Arrakii, as well as them potentially meeting others of the non-mutant Marvel universe. It's like introducing old friends to the new friends (even if those old friends are straight up villains).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by alexphantom View Post
    Whilst I'm really excited to see Storm joining SWORD and hopefully improving the sales and therefore giving the book a lot more
    longevity going forward, I hope Brand isn't going to be shoved to one side and given a minor role. After all, SWORD has always
    been her 'thing', mention SWORD and you think of Abigail Brand.
    Ewing has done a pretty bang up job balancing the cast I doubt you'll see Brand's role diminished in anyway. She's still the leader of SWORD.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    People are having a fuss for nothing let storm and doom have there romantic dinner in peace.
    Yes, I think it will be more of a Doom's traditional dinners combined with diplomatic overtures. And it's not like this is the first time he's had dinner with Storm. But when they teased this dinner in the advance solicit I was really hoping it would be with Namor. They need a make up dinner.

This show of hospitality kind of thing goes back to Stan and Jack's Fantastic Four #87 and there have been many others since. He had a buffet dinner prepared for the X-Men and Fantastic Four the Fantastic Four vs X-Men mini. Stephen Strange has had many dinners with Doom alone or sometimes with Reed when they represented the Illuminati during the Incursions crisis. Doom even invited Conan the Barbarian to dinner.

Doom knows how to play the game and since he will be going off planet to rejoin the Guardians of the Galaxy (he's got to save the universe again, you know ) he wanted to be sure to keep up with the new developments.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-02-2021 at 04:32 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I love this scene between Storm and Doom but I think this time it´s Ororo who´s inviting Victor to dinner so she´s getting ready to act as regent for mars, dyplomatic dinners and all that which is great

I would have liked to see more interaction between Doom, Namor and Magneto but Doom meeting with Cap America and Storm is a nice change in perspective
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I love this scene between Storm and Doom but I think this time it´s Ororo who´s inviting Victor to dinner so she´s getting ready to act as regent for mars, dyplomatic dinners and all that which is great
    I would have liked to see more interaction between Doom, Namor and Magneto but Doom meeting with Cap America and Storm is a nice change in perspective
    Oh I agree that there really needed to be something with Doom and Magneto too. It was a good change to show Cap and Doom having a conversation. Cap is one of the few that has Doom's respect. He considers Captain America a man of honor... and of course Doom believes himself to be a man of honor

I guess it is more likely that Storm would arrange a dinner since it does look like an otherworldly location. And she's better company than a talking raccoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Always started by the haters. Someone guessed what Storm would be *saying* to Doom at dinner, and of course we get the usual "Doom could beat her blah blah blah.
    Lol well said and glad haters got called out for what they are and were trying to do (and failing). I am very much looking forward to their 2nd attempt at dinner, and seeing where this goes with Doom. If anything Part of me thinks, being that Krakoa is making such a bold move that they know is going to be provacative and highly distracting once conflict ensues, Doom is already plotting how to get to the mysterium. I want to see if Storm’s “diplomatic” skills and passed experience will see behind the dinner and Victor’s obvious motivations.

Mighty Member

Still so happy that we are finally going to get bad ass Storm that’s a leader and queen over Nap Time Storm. I’m ready for the Storm that made decisions and lead back during the Claremont days. I hope that Storm will be the one making rulers HER consort instead of others trying to do that to her! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Still so happy that we are finally going to get bad ass Storm that’s a leader and queen over Nap Time Storm. I’m ready for the Storm that made decisions and lead back during the Claremont days. I hope that Storm will be the one making rulers HER consort instead of others trying to do that to her! Lol
    Not Nap Time Storm LOL!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

What's nap time storm?

We don't talk about it around here...
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    We don't talk about it around here...
    Oh okay.