Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Oh I agree that there really needed to be something with Doom and Magneto too. It was a good change to show Cap and Doom having a conversation. Cap is one of the few that has Doom's respect. He considers Captain America a man of honor... and of course Doom believes himself to be a man of honor
    He does see himself as that and I think he even surprised Cap when he told him he respects him more than he thought. I would have loved to see Magneto and Doom talk it´s been a long time but I guess it will have to happen at another time.

I guess it is more likely that Storm would arrange a dinner since it does look like an otherworldly location. And she's better company than a talking raccoon.
    Exactly and he has the last Annhiliation to talk to Rocket so lest appreciate him talking with Ororo for this dinner
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Still so happy that we are finally going to get bad ass Storm that’s a leader and queen over Nap Time Storm. I’m ready for the Storm that made decisions and lead back during the Claremont days. I hope that Storm will be the one making rulers HER consort instead of others trying to do that to her! Lol
    At her best Ororo is like a superpowers fueled grace Jones

Incredible Member

Hahahahaha NTS from X-men Gold

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Not Nap Time Storm LOL!
    #neveragain #wideawakebadassstorm

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    At her best Ororo is like a superpowers fueled grace Jones
    Captivating. Powerful. In-MF-Charge!

This book has skyrocketed towards the top of my most excited to read list.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Nothing.

Doom would beat her up and take her lunch money.
    I doubt it, and i don't say that out of disrespect, the sad fact is that no one except for Hickman, has done him justice i feel.

Here is one of Marvel's great villains and he is now a joke.

The Doom i remember would not give a damn what she is regent of or who she has at her back, he would just flat out say do not mess with me or face the consequences at your own peril and absolutely mean it.

I mean this is the guy who faced of against a group of cosmic entities destroying the multiverse and took them head on and later took their power.

The guy who got imprisoned in Hell and not even a minute in began thinking of ways to survive, than later escaped Hell and immediately took back his throne from usurpers.

And that character has been reduced to a joke to prop another character up.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Doom is awesome...and I say that not being very much a fan... but...why the hell does he think he has the right to have any say in matters concerning the Galactic Council? He's over-reaching and over stating his status just a bit. (Yes I'm aware that Ewing is currently writing him in his GotG so...it does make some modicum of sense) but still....his entitlement and self-importance is entertaining.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    What's nap time storm?
    Lol, it was from the X-men gold run. Storm was always getting knocked out (so ‘sleeping’) during the fight scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Doom is awesome...and I say that not being very much a fan... but...why the hell does he think he has the right to have any say in matters concerning the Galactic Council? He's over-reaching and over stating his status just a bit. (Yes I'm aware that Ewing is currently writing him in his GotG so...it does make some modicum of sense) but still....his entitlement and self-importance is entertaining.
    That's Victor Von Doom in a nutshell. He is insane, as his feats show terrifyingly powerful, endlessly ambitious, knows how to play the social "game" (the dinners, the pomp and circumstance), like LucyintheSky and Iron Maiden pointed out: He sees HIMSELF as a hero. All of this is why he's so entertaining to see in action, and with Ewing writing him I expect that scene with Ororo is going to be very nice indeed. Look at how nuanced the exchange between Nova and Magneto went in GOTG.

Agreed. I'm not a big Doom fan either but he makes me laugh and shake my head.
    I legitimately cackled the way he barged in.

Last edited by JB; 07-04-2021 at 11:16 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sorry to derail. Uh , but what should I read to get ready for the event. Honestly I don't even know how Hulking was crowned.
    Plz&Ty

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Agreed. I'm not a big Doom fan either but he makes me laugh and shake my head.
    It's probably not meant to be as such but...I often read his appearances as the "comic relief".
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

It's probably not meant to be as such but...I often read his appearances as the "comic relief".
    My fantasy casting for him would have been Leslie Nielsen. Creepshow Leslie Nielsen. Deadpan, at time goofy, arrogant, and often due arrogance and excessive cruelty cause of its won demise and yet refuse to repent or even remotely feel guilt about what has done. And funny as hell(Creepshow is one of those movie that you can rewatch all the times and still get a kick from it)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    She is an omega but a handgun could kill her if taken by surprise.
    Doom would own her.
    Anyone could be killed if taken by surprise.

What’s your point?

It’s lit like Storm doesn’t also have access to high technology and sorcery.