Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Anyone could be killed if taken by surprise.

What’s your point?

It’s lit like Storm doesn’t also have access to high technology and sorcery.
    If DOOM dies, it was just a Doombot. Storm has a 24/7 resurrect-while-u-wait service. Seems pretty even.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Exatatiously.
    I don't know why some readers take all that "This one vs That one" nonsense, seriously, at all. Because depending on the writer it's either...
    Doombot vs Lightning Lass. Or...
    Genius Sorcerer vs Goddess
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Exatatiously.
    I don't know why some readers take all that "This one vs That one" nonsense, seriously, at all. Because depending on the writer it's either...
    Doombot vs Lightning Lass. Or...
    Genius Sorcerer vs Goddess
    EXACTLY!

If writer decide a character win, it will win, if it make sense in context of battle depend on the skill of the writer(base writer skill is "sell it like it feel real" DUH!!) - much like in thriller/whodunit novels the snooper/investigator will eventually solve the crime, often by some pivotal clue that only they are allowed to notice!
    and honestly most "vs." stories tend to be not excpetional, since everyone has their favorites and you eventually disappoint someone(in some way fighting game absed movie are an extreme example of it). The only halfway decent are villain vs villain(like Freddy Vs Jason), and we rarely see them in comics(Apocalypse vs Dracula was probably the last one i remember for Marvel). Is shame i kind wanna see Marvel Villains going on war against each other...

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Oh, just the rightful rulers of their respective planets having lunch next to the ravenous ocean, discussing the state of Sol.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I just want her to tell him to "STFU and get off my planet" mid meal just to troll him.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I just want her to tell him to "STFU and get off my planet" mid meal just to troll him.
    STORM: So Victor...be honest who has the best derriere, me or Sue Storm...
    Victor: ahhh the classic Sophie choice...

<so sorry...the pun come out like that>
    Last edited by Baron of Faltine; 07-05-2021 at 08:54 AM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I doubt it, and i don't say that out of disrespect, the sad fact is that no one except for Hickman, has done him justice i feel.

Here is one of Marvel's great villains and he is now a joke.

The Doom i remember would not give a damn what she is regent of or who she has at her back, he would just flat out say do not mess with me or face the consequences at your own peril and absolutely mean it.

I mean this is the guy who faced of against a group of cosmic entities destroying the multiverse and took them head on and later took their power.

The guy who got imprisoned in Hell and not even a minute in began thinking of ways to survive, than later escaped Hell and immediately took back his throne from usurpers.

And that character has been reduced to a joke to prop another character up.
    Oh, I don't think it's as bad as all that. I think he came out all right in Cantwell's Eisner nominated series. It was another of those stories where Doom is stripped of his usual trappings (this time voluntarily when he surrendered after the Antlion incident) and comes out on top. That was a crafty manoeuvre to prevent outright war on Latverian soil. And he solved the dangerous deterioration of the Antlion and Reed just stepped aside.

I think the important thing to remember is that Marvel Comics thinks the character is versatile enough to appear just about anywhere to add some gravity to a situation. Just compare how many different titles Doom has appeared in compared to Magneto, or Storm or any of the main characters of the X-Men.

IMO the situation that is more critical is the movies and when will he appear in the MCU. For sure Fox didn't do the character any favors with their 4 attempts. The last one was the worst example of DINO

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Oh, I don't think it's as bad as all that. I think he came out all right in Cantwell's Eisner nominated series. It was another of those stories where Doom is stripped of his usual trappings (this time voluntarily when he surrendered after the Antlion incident) and comes out on top. That was a crafty manoeuvre to prevent outright war on Latverian soil. And he solved the dangerous deterioration of the Antlion and Reed just stepped aside.

I think the important thing to remember is that Marvel Comics thinks the character is versatile enough to appear just about anywhere to add some gravity to a situation. Just compare how many different titles Doom has appeared in compared to Magneto, or Storm or any of the main characters of the X-Men.

IMO the situation that is more critical is the movies and when will he appear in the MCU. For sure Fox didn't do the character any favors with their 4 attempts. The last one was the worst example of DINO
    You highlight one of the strength of Doom, as character. His versatility to myriad of situation and setting. In X-men Mythos only Wolverine come close(seriously, he was everywhere and do every job known to man.)

Sometimes I wonder if you can even consider Wolverine an X-Men. He doesn't play well with others Seriously, he's the one X-men character that can exist without there being any X-Men titles. He is one of the few X-Men that are also former Avengers. Maybe because his first appearance isn't even in an X-Men title.

The one thing about Doom is he can be deadly serious like in Unthinkable and yet works rather well doing comedy. I had to laugh when Victor and Tony faced a Knullified Santa Claus as a tie in to the King in Black event. Which is another thing...Doom has these unique relationships with characters like Tony and Doctor Strange. He has a history of these memorable team ups with them.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-05-2021 at 03:21 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if you can even consider Wolverine an X-Men. He doesn't play well with others Seriously, he's the one X-men character that can exist without there being any X-Men titles. He is one of the few X-Men that are also former Avengers. Maybe because his first appearance isn't even in an X-Men title.

The one thing about Doom is he can be deadly serious like in Unthinkable and yet works rather well doing comedy. I had to laugh when Victor and Tony faced a Knullified Santa Claus as a tie in to the King in Black event. Which is another thing...Doom has these unique relationships with characters like Tony and Doctor Strange. He has a history of these memorable team ups with them.

Loved this issue and yes Victor can do serious and comedy really well specially when he doesn´t mean to.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

That's true. You know the only thing I read from the King in Black was Cantwell's Knullfied Santa story. I love how the profanities are replaced by Christmas symbols instead of the usual &%$# in comics

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Lol yes, I had so much fun with this issue, it felt so nice in the middle of the King in black story, I personally appreciated Doom and Tony talk about wanting to save Eddie Brock and Doom asking Tony if he also wanted to save him, given how his series ended I guess this was him looking to see if he still could change or if Tony could see him changing. It was a nice character moment between them with a wholesome and fun story with Santa. and those &%$# in moments were the best
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    You think she already told BP (without the meal) this?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m so happy Storm’s here, and the artists doing this crossover are amazing, but I’m saddened by the fact that we’ll never know how absolutely breathtaking this would be had we Cabal on GotG, and Schiti here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    They look like punks from the Negative Zone to me. Annihilus' insect bros.
    She appears to be fighting… “Marslocks.”