Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thor vs Captain Planet

Movie Thor vs Don Cheadle Captain Planet

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I don't believe Thor has any resistance to being turned into a tree. His tree lasers are pretty well instant and cover vast distances very quickly, so he should be fine getting one off before Thor can hit him. He can do whole oil tankers, buildings, and cities all at once, so Thor probably isn't dodging it either.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 07-02-2021 at 07:30 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Yea he turns him into tree.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Plot twist: the battle somehow knocks the two of them back in time, where it turns out that Captain Planet turned Thor into the Yggdrasil, the World Tree.

I could see Loki turning into a Woodpecker to kill him.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I don't believe Thor has any resistance to being turned into a tree. His tree lasers are pretty well instant and cover vast distances very quickly, so he should be fine getting one off before Thor can hit him. He can do whole oil tankers, buildings, and cities all at once, so Thor probably isn't dodging it either.
    If it hasn't worked on beings as tough and resistant as Thor, i don't see handwaving that it does. Also, Thor can block energy blasts with hammers and axes just fine. A storm breaker toss straight down the beam into Captain Planet should end the fight just fine. A la Thanos with the full infinity gauntlet, and there is no PIS here to stop Thor from aiming for the head.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I mean what resistance has Thor demonstrated to transmutation? What feats does he have for his physical toughness working against it? I don't see why you'd handwave that his physical durability applies to this.

As far as blocking it goes, again, Captain Planet was doing massive AoEs, so no I don't think he can stop it, nor do I think he's fast enough anyway, since we see the beams hitting things miles away as soon as Planet fires them. Sometimes it's not even clear if he actually needs to use beams, and they seem to be able to take whatever form he wants when he does. At times he just sweeps across whole cityscapes with one wide beam. He also repeatedly uses both hands to fire multiple wide beams, so Thor can throw Stormbreaker all he wants, but one of the beams will hit him before Stormbreaker hits Planet.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    If it hasn't worked on beings as tough and resistant as Thor, i don't see handwaving that it does. Also, Thor can block energy blasts with hammers and axes just fine. A storm breaker toss straight down the beam into Captain Planet should end the fight just fine. A la Thanos with the full infinity gauntlet, and there is no PIS here to stop Thor from aiming for the head.
    I think Captain Planet's tree ray worked on Gaia. I mean, no durability feats, technically, but assuming that its the same continuity all the way until things became horribly wrong, that has to account for something.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

That all sounds fair to me. I've not seen it. Just mentioning that doing something to a building or a person isn't the same thing as doing it to Thor, especially a Thor using a weapon that no-sells 6 infinity stones.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I can kinda see this as a draw then, Thor chucks hammer, Planet shoots beam, both hit their respective targets, Thor is treed while Planet has an axe go through him.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Movie Thor vs Don Cheadle Captain Planet
    Lol. They actually made a love action Captain Planet movie? Hollywood is really scrapping the barrel for ideas...

It's actually a series of comedy sketches, a simple google search would've saved you the egg.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Lol. They actually made a love action Captain Planet movie? Hollywood is really scrapping the barrel for ideas...
    That would be a whole different kind of movie.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I can kinda see this as a draw then, Thor chucks hammer, Planet shoots beam, both hit their respective targets, Thor is treed while Planet has an axe go through him.
    In that scenario, Thor wins. The tree thing gets reversed if Cap is killed.

Ultimate Member

I actually didn't realize it was Don Cheadle Captain Planet.

Captain Planet motherfu...!