Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default What (Obscure-ish) DC Characters Do You Want to See in the DCEU?

To commemorate James Gunn's The Suicide Squad, with all of its B-list DC supervillains/heroes, coming out soon, I thought that it would be a good opportunity to ask the fanbase: what DC characters not currently in the DCEU do you want to see in the DCEU?

They can be obscure characters that most people have never heard of or relatively well-known characters that just haven't shown up yet.

My picks would have to be:

1) Green Arrow/Oliver Queen and the GA family (including Roy Harper, Connor Hawke, Mia Dearden, etc.)

2) Etrigan the Demon

3) Ragman

4) Fire and Ice

5) Booster Gold

6) Blue Beetle (both Ted Kord and Jaime Reyes)

7) Catman

8) Psycho Pirate

9) Starman

10) The Legion of Superheroes

IMO, shows like Doom Patrol, Titans, and Swamp Thing gave those characters at least some time to shine, but if you disagree, feel free to include them. I honestly think that those shows, along with the upcoming Green Lantern series, should be retconned into being part of the DCEU, but that's just me. And I don't personally count the Arrowverse because that's obviously its own distinct thing.

So, who do you guys want to see?

Spectacular Member

I just want a good GLC, Flash Family and Bat Family.

Extraordinary Member

Power Girl.

-- The Question (Vic Sage)
    -- Is the Legion of Superheroes obscurish? They've appeared in live-action tv twice and had a bunch of animated guest shots as well as their own cartoon. Well, either way, specifically Wildfire, Shadow Lass, Ultra Boy, Dawnstar and Vi/Ayla (as a couple)
    -- Dr Mid-Nite (Cross)
    -- Sandman (Dodds)
    -- Orion

Ultimate Member

There are a few that I think would make great standalone movies like Etrigan or Catman or Lady Shiva.

And then there are some that might only really work in animation, due to the ridiculous amount of special effects and cast costs involved, such as the Legion of Super-Heroes or All-Star Squadron.

For the Teen Titans show, there's kind of already way too many characters, I feel, but if there weren't, I'd love to see Kole, or the Vietnamese Thunder & Lightning, or Golden Eagle, if he had some sort of rigid-wing flight-pack like the MCU Falcon uses (since feather CGI is utterly horrible, even Peter Jackson couldn't get good-looking feathery wings for his giant eagles in the Hobbit, and Titans has a way smaller budget!).

But few, if any, that I would really care to see in the DCEU, as it currently stands.

I wanna see Duke Thomas, Lady Shiva, Vixen (not "obscure" per say but definitely treated as a fringe character), Dr. Mist, Mr. Terrific, Fuerza (one that's comic accurate *sideeyes The Flash on CW*), Hawkgirl (Kendra), Extraño, The Outsiders, and Kimiyo Hoshi.

also, I hope we see both Shiloh and Scot as Mr. Miracle.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 07-02-2021 at 11:25 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Vixen gets my vote.

Astonishing Member

Kent and Inza Nelson
    Hector Hall

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Obscure-ish? Vixen, Mr. Terrific, the Question.

Ultimate Member

Does John Stewart count?

Extraordinary Member

Forgot this one: Animal Man

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I would love to see how Metamorpho would look in live action. He has such cool powers and abilities. Another would be Captain Atom.

Extraordinary Member

I'm surprised nobody has said Plastic Man yet. I saw an interview with Dax Shepard on Jimmy Kimmel where he dropped Plastic Man as a potential character for him to play, jokingly of course. But ya know what...make it happen, WB. I could see Dax Shepard as Plastic Man, especially since the character has a comedic bent to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Does John Stewart count?
    John is quite literally the most well known black character at DC (maybe second to Static if we were to be generous and count the Milestone Universe), i don't think he can really be considered "obscure". him, Vixen, and I'll even throw in Black Lightning and Question to an extent, aren't really obscure so much as they are just generally treated as fringe characters by DC.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Hmmmm.

Empress is my number one choice.

Onyxx would be another.

Kimiyo Hoshi of course. Peege (but not this recent post Infinite Crisis business)