View Poll Results: Which Gala death impacted you most?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gabby, aka Honey Badger, aka Scout

39 43.33%
  • Pete Wisdom

8 8.89%
  • Christian Frost

2 2.22%
  • Scarlet With, aka the Pretender

23 25.56%
  • None

16 17.78%
  • Other,....

2 2.22%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    Gabby has no soul/isn't a real person so who cares.

There's already enough generic teen brats in the X-Books, kill off more I say
    ???

There are barely any teens with a consistent place in any of the books this era. I think it's Gabby and Pixie... Cable would be there too if his book wasn't already done.

Its very clear now that Omega is here exclusively to insight strife among the readers.

Return to your bridge dwelling please.

Definitely Gabby’s it was the perfect combination of unexpected and heartbreaking.

Pete literally walked into a room with a mutant hate group and didn’t think anything bad would happen…

Christian’s didn’t even take place in Marauders and wasn’t about him at all.

Wanda’s death had been predicted for weeks so I didn’t really feel anything.

I didn't even know Pete Wisdom died.

Gabby is clone of clone which is so dull to me. Though it seems the death was written well.

I voted Christian because I'm a fan; but his murder to me brought the most intrigue. This was Emma's event and her brother gets killed at the end of it. Perfect Hellfire Gala soapiness. This feels like its ties to Inferno... which to me seems more weighted since its Hickman's world atm.

Wanda is story to be told but it felt shoehorned into this event. ToM seems to just be X-Factor revamped for sales.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    ???

There are barely any teens with a consistent place in any of the books this era. I think it's Gabby and Pixie... Cable would be there too if his book wasn't already done.
    They all have the same basic personality so I don't really keep count.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

None.
    Unless you count the "death" of Humanity's expectations that the Mutants care what they think or need their permission to be AWESOME!
    Then yes...that one touched me deeply.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Gabby. I kinda forgot about Pete's. Christian will definitely survive and Wanda's not going to stick and may lead to undoing the stupid retcon so it just feels like a means to an end. Gabby's the only one that felt well set up and regardless if she's resurrected or not it is an interesting story.

I'm shocked so many of y'all give fucks about Gabby honestly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    She's a popular character. Not all that shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Gabby's the only one that felt well set up and regardless if she's resurrected or not it is an interesting story.
    I mean, of course she gets resurrected. It's been a pretty major subplot, the whole "what happens if Gabby dies" thing for it to end with "if she dies, she stays dead"
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    I mean, of course she gets resurrected. It's been a pretty major subplot, the whole "what happens if Gabby dies" thing for it to end with "if she dies, she stays dead"
    My point is that it doesn't matter how it ends to me, I'm enjoying reading the story. She will probably come back, but the emotional roller coaster of how she was isolated for this to happen in the first place was really dark and intriguing to me.

Wanda is the biggest impact only because I'm excited to see how this plays out. She is 100% coming back I think we all know that. Seeing Gabby dead made me much more sad, but I've been waiting for the follow up on House of M for a freaking decade and a half lol.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

only Wanda is important. The others I care about nothing and they may continue in that state.But Wandi should revive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I'm shocked that you're shocked.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

I’d have to say Wanda. Mainly because she is (at least in theory) the only character I care about because she is the only one I’m familiar enough with to give a crap about. Also, she is currently the only character not to be included in the resurrection protocols unlike characters like Christian and Pete since she isn’t a mutant atm (so her death might actually stick as long as your typical superhero death ever does). Sure Gabby might not be included in them as well but I don’t buy that. And even if she wasn’t, I couldn’t care less since I really really really dislike the pesky and cute kid character trope that she embodies.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    She's a popular character. Not all that shocking.
    And that’s baffling to me at least. She is pretty much literally the Scrappy-Doo of Wolverine family. But I guess the ”random really annoying character that becomes inexplicably popular and overused while other, better characters are left on the sidelines” has been a recurring thing in X-Men franchise for the past decade plus what with Kid Omega, Fantomex, Pixie (to a lesser extent) and now Gabby.