Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Daredevil and Black Widow being the few red-headed characters make sense since red-heads are rare anyway.
    Black Widow's natural hair color was black, in her introduction, she only dyed it red later.

https://www.writeups.org/black-widow...vengers-1960s/

Because of how black was portrayed, back then, as black with blue highlights, it was a fun sort of callback that the first time we see young Natasha in the Black Widow movie, she has blue hair.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Black Widow's natural hair color was black, in her introduction, she only dyed it red later.

https://www.writeups.org/black-widow...vengers-1960s/

Because of how black was portrayed, back then, as black with blue highlights, it was a fun sort of callback that the first time we see young Natasha in the Black Widow movie, she has blue hair.
    The black hair was the dye-job. Even the site you used says that.

nat.jpg
    "Cable was right!"

Ultimate Member

The black hair was the dye-job. Even the site you used says that.
    Ha! My bad. I just remember she was black haired when I started reading back in the cretaceous period, and changed at some point to a redhead, and assumed that the 'new' color was the dye-job! Point to you!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    Like others have said, it's likely to be with the rarity of the MC1R gene. Both parents have to carry the recessive allele for a redheaded child to be born. Redheads make up around 2% of the global population, most of which are found in the Northern climates of Scotland and Ireland since the mutated genes actual biological purpose is to attract sunlight/Vitamin D in those climates - which is why redheads are normally paler too, another adaptation for this.
    It's always fascinating to read up on the various regions where red-haired populations exist historically. I know most are aware that it is fairly common in the Scotland and Ireland, but even as far south as northern Africa there have been people with red hair. As rare as it may be, I find the mutation to be rather ubiquitous. It makes you wonder if perhaps some other environmental condition might have influenced the mutation.

Then again, I also recall reading somewhere that even Homo neanderthalensis carried the gene for red hair, albeit a different form of the gene than what we see in people today, obviously. Maybe it's just a matter of Mother Nature wanting a bit more pop and splash on her canvas?

Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider is the next biggest ginger after DD that I can think of.
    Batman - Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBat66 View Post
    Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider is the next biggest ginger after DD that I can think of.
    I’m sorry, Johnny Blaze is blonde…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Heh. Scott Lang, redhead. MCU Scott Lang, brunette. Hellstrom, redhead. TV Hellstrom, blonde. Daredevil, redhead. TV Daredevil, brunette.
    I remember hearing that they tried to get Charlie Cox to dye his hair but it didn't look goo, and if so, they tried at least.

That leaves us with what, Starfox, the problematic Eternal nobody wants to use and Guy Gardner, the least popular of seventy-three Earth lanterns? Joy.
    Is Guy really unpopular? His personality sounds like the type that would get him a decent enough amount of fans.

Daredevil and Black Widow being the few red-headed characters make sense since red-heads are rare anyway.
    In real life, sure, but comics try to be as realistic as they try to not be convoluted, so I wouldn't apply that standard lol.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Is Guy really unpopular? His personality sounds like the type that would get him a decent enough amount of fans.
    I've often thought the same thing. Not just Guy, but USAgent as well. Their personalities and outlook seem to be the sort that quite a few fans would take to without hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Strawberry Blonde, which is still a redhead.
    Batman - Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Ehhhh Sometimes so is Matt

I've seen Matt colored everything from Blonde, to Redhead to brown. I can only assume at this point that there is some kind of coloring issue with redheads similar to the way they couldn't match the Hulk's Grey skin in the early days.

Mighty Member

Back during the 2010's, I remember there's something happen for the Big two especially for redhead males.

-They may sideline Guy Gardner in any books.
    -They may assassinated Roy Harper
    -They may trying to take Wally down without giving ongoing until now because of editorial mandate
    BUT THEY WILL NEVER TAKE DOWN THE DEVIL OF HELL'S KITCHEN.

This whole thread is a disrespect to Cain Marko and I will not stand by it.... joking of course.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    This whole thread is a disrespect to Cain Marko and I will not stand by it.... joking of course.
    Seriously he wore his helmet for so long that in my mind he is as bald as Xavier.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Marvel really doesn't know what to do with Cain. He always keep switching side whether be a villain or a hero. Just make up the mind, Marvel.

Ladies
    Love
    Henry
    Peter
    Gyrich
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver