Extraordinary Member

Default Suicide Squad #5 Preview

Suicide Squad #5 Preview
    Writer: Robbie Thompson
    Artists: Dexter Soy and Eduardo Pansica

Hold up, DC is telling me that Waller not only recruited the man who seriously injured Superman with a bullet but that she made a specialized suit of armor for him (I know it’s movie synergy) and has him as an agent of chaos throughout the multiverse and kidnapping/killing people on other earths....somewhere out there Darkseid is doing a slow impressed clap.

I’m serious though this is actually big supervillain stuff right here on a multiverse scale, I would not be surprised if we eventually get the Justice Incarnate coming after her for crimes against the multiverse.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member

Why is it so much to ask to just have regular black op missions?

Well, perfect time to reintroduce Bloodsport.

The issue was okay, there is a lot of plot jumping around. They bring in Red x, he escapes, now the story circulates around the new guy, so I hope it all gets sorted.

The writer however is doing a really good job of making me "hate" Amada Waller. She comes off as cruel and callous person who abuses her squad like caged animals.

Is she always like this? The only real exposure I've had of her is the old Justice League Unlimited cartoon, in which she was a little more likable and humane.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    The issue was okay, there is a lot of plot jumping around. They bring in Red x, he escapes, now the story circulates around the new guy, so I hope it all gets sorted.

The writer however is doing a really good job of making me "hate" Amada Waller. She comes off as cruel and callous person who abuses her squad like caged animals.

Is she always like this? The only real exposure I've had of her is the old Justice League Unlimited cartoon, in which she was a little more likable and humane.
    Yeah, she's been always like this. It was amazing the fact she let them wander around freely in costume in previous issues.
    She sees them as criminals, and treats them as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromor View Post
    Yeah, she's been always like this. It was amazing the fact she let them wander around freely in costume in previous issues.
    Wow! I though that was just the new writer's take on her.

It will be interesting if Peacemaker gathers some sort plot against her, either for their freedom or retribution on the way they're treated.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bromor View Post
    No, she wasn't always like this.

In this series, she's needlessly cruel, abusive and frankly, stupid in ways her John O depiction never was.

Astonishing Member

Wallers not needlessly cruel. She can be remorseless, but she also knows how to motivate.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Wallers not needlessly cruel. She can be remorseless, but she also knows how to motivate.
    She is abusive towards Superboy on the basis that he's a clone, basically enslaving him and she tried to kidnap Bolt for her Squad/Justice League, basically attempting to turn a refugee into a slave.

So yeah #notmywall.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    She is abusive towards Superboy on the basis that he's a clone, basically enslaving him and she tried to kidnap Bolt for her Squad/Justice League, basically attempting to turn a refugee into a slave.

So yeah #notmywall.
    If it turns out that the superboy that's in this book is a clone she had created,then I can see why she treats him like property and not a person.

Bolt and Waller probably made a agreement that bolt would work for her,she tried getting her to do just that the easy way,when it didn't work,she had to do it the hard way
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    If it turns out that the superboy that's in this book is a clone she had created,then I can see why she treats him like property and not a person.

Bolt and Waller probably made a agreement that bolt would work for her,she tried getting her to do just that the easy way,when it didn't work,she had to do it the hard way
    The fact that Waller is trying to enslave a KID is bad enough. No 'agreement' with a kid to serve on a black ops squad is moral, especially when said kid is working towards being a heroine.

Lets not forget that Waller threw Flag in prison for objecting to her inane plan to make her own Justice League, a plan that's so amazingly dumb I can't imagine why an editor allowed it.

Seriously, why can't we just have an espionage squad?

Guys....she takes criminals forces them in missions where they could likely die and also threatens them with death via implanted Explosives. When the heck has Waller ever been nice?

And as for Espionage, even Ostrander sent them to Apokolips once or twice.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Guys....she takes criminals forces them in missions where they could likely die and also threatens them with death via implanted Explosives. When the heck has Waller ever been nice?

And as for Espionage, even Ostrander sent them to Apokolips once or twice.
    When the Squad started, all but Boomer joined willingly, and all received time off. And she kept them in line with explosive wrist bands. Ask Slipnot which is better

And yes, Ostrander sent them to Apokolips, but that was the exception, not the rule (and it shook up the team considerably). This Squad is still on the dumb 'replace the League' plotline, a storyline that's worthless for countless reasons in-universe and without.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    When the Squad started, all but Boomer joined willingly, and all received time off. And she kept them in line with explosive wrist bands. Ask Slipnot which is better

And yes, Ostrander sent them to Apokolips, but that was the exception, not the rule (and it shook up the team considerably). This Squad is still on the dumb 'replace the League' plotline, a storyline that's worthless for countless reasons in-universe and without.
    Yeah, you got arcs with Apokolips or fighting Enchantress but those were interspersed with a bunch more normal stuff.