Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms

I enjoyed the last movie a lot, I'd really like it if this series kept going maybe bring in the next generation characters from MKX for the next movie or even become an animated series on HBO Max(which with all the blood and gore would be the best platform for such a show).

Ultimate Member

Poor Stryker, gets to show up just to be killed, lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Poor Stryker, gets to show up just to be killed, lol
    spoilers:
    Poor guy gets paired against Shang-Tsung...
    end of spoilers

Looks great. I love the first so this should be a treat.

Looking forward to this and I hope to get more.

Although the fact that the physical release is the same day as the digital makes me a bit suspicious of it's future prospects. Does anybody know if there's anything to read into that decision?

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Looking forward to this and I hope to get more.

Although the fact that the physical release is the same day as the digital makes me a bit suspicious of it's future prospects. Does anybody know if there's anything to read into that decision?
    I don't think so? I know digital releases sometimes come first, but I'm not sure if there's any marketing reason for it.

Ultimate Member

Random question, have there ever been any Mortal Kombat novels?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think so? I know digital releases sometimes come first, but I'm not sure if there's any marketing reason for it.
    Theatrical films and the DTV DC Films have all been pretty consistent about coming out on digital 4 weeks before the physical edition, with Batman/TMNT being the only exception I can recall recently. Scooby Doo DTV movies have traditionally been the same for both but they also don't get blu ray releases at all, only regular DVD

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Random question, have there ever been any Mortal Kombat novels?
    I think the first two movies were novelized but otger than that, I'd say the answer is no.

Ugh...they're doubling down on the "Kitana turns against Shao Kahn because Liu Kang 'inspires' her" thing. This was an awful idea in MK9, and it's still an awful idea now. I swear, it's been ten years and that game continues to haunt Kitana.

Also, if they do wind up making a third one based around the Outworld invasion, I hope they stay true to the original story and Johnny Cage dies. Insufferable tool.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post

Ugh...they're doubling down on the "Kitana turns against Shao Kahn because Liu Kang 'inspires' her" thing. This was an awful idea in MK9, and it's still an awful idea now. I swear, it's been ten years and that game continues to haunt Kitana.

Also, if they do wind up making a third one based around the Outworld invasion, I hope they stay true to the original story and Johnny Cage dies. Insufferable tool.
    I agree with Kitana's Character but disagree with Johnny Cage. I love him in MK11. I thought he had the most character growth of anyone in the entire series. Even more than Scorpion. I mean, it took a long time for those guys to get there but happy they did

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post

They can't kill Cage until we get Cassie.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Gotta get in a Liu-Kang vs. Shang-Tsung fight .

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Loved this movie

With the exception of those that got killed, all the major characters had the spotlight

Pros:

Scorpion/Sub Zero: Without spoiling too much, their interactions were the best part of the movie for me. Their rivalry is what made them famous, but a team up is even more intense. They're borderline unstoppable

Story/Pacing: This movie managed to cram at least three MK Games into 90 minutes. For what its worth, it did a good job

Fatalities: Shang Tsung definitely gets the award for what he did to his opponent

Shao Kahn: Glad to see him as a bad ass end villain as he should be

Smoke: Really happy with his role in the movie.

Cons:

Too much happened: Rushed to tell both Shao Kahn's and Shinnok's Plans. It should each have their own separate movie

D'Vorah: Not the outcome I was hoping for

Overall:

Highly recommended! Better than Scorpion's Revenge? If I didn't have to choose, watch both. If I had to choose, I'd give the slightest edge to Scropion's Revenge, but Scorpion is my favorite MK Character so this review is being written from a fan wearing rose colored glasses.

Question:

spoilers:
    What happened to Smoke? Cyrax, Sektor, and the Grandmaster's Fates were obvious, but I didn't see what happened to Smoke
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 08-31-2021 at 07:41 PM.