Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

My problem is how easily some here are willing to put superman out to pasture for the new kid. No matter how much I like Jon, he will not ever replace his dad Imo, and for some here it seems you just can't wait, almost giddy as hell about it
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    My problem is how easily some here are willing to put superman out to pasture for the new kid. No matter how much I like Jon, he will not ever replace his dad Imo, and for some here it seems you just can't wait, almost giddy as hell about it
    Dude,superman is spacejesus sky father savior.There are people who don't like that sort of thing..So, it's no surprise a superman with different flavor is welcomed..As for jon being more powerful?who cares?i didn't like superman/ww future state even a bit.it was worst book with jon being clark clone...
    jon is defined by his energy and goofyness.his mischievous adventurous spirit.The guy in that book was writing sky messages for feel good moments while people are stuck in traffic due to corruption.That ain't superman..Jon wasn't like "yo! Damian.i am stuck in pyramid with a huge mummy...wanna come? Also i got this neat sword..."
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Dude,superman is spacejesus sky father savior.There are people who don't like that sort of thing..So, it's no surprise a superman with different flavor is welcomed..As for jon being more powerful?who cares?i didn't like superman/ww future state even a bit.it was worst book with jon being clark clone...
    jon is defined by his energy and goofyness.his mischievous adventurous spirit.The guy in that book was writing sky messages for feel good moments while people are stuck in traffic due to corruption.That ain't superman..Jon wasn't like "yo! Damian.i am stuck in pyramid with a huge mummy...wanna come? Also i got this neat sword..."

But ppl actually like more than a extremely thin sliver of a version of superman thst you do,most fans of superman can atleast appreciate different versions
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Astonishing Member

I get that these are comics but it's nice to see time actually progress rather than just all the characters be stagnant.

Wouldn't you want your kid or anyone to succeed you be better than you?

I think part of what makes it easier to accept is:
    1. There’s so many comics with Clark coming out now and more coming soon. Superman ‘78, Superman vs. Lobo, Superman & the Authority, Action Comics, Justice League Infinity, Justice League: The Last Ride, Waid has been teasing a project coming up that will likely be a Birthright sequel, he may even be getting a Fortnite comic tie-in like Batman got soon apparently going off spoilers I saw for Batman/Fortnite #6. Comics wise he’s going to be in more books coming up than he has been in years.
    2. In outside media he’s still Superman in everything: Young Justice, Titans, Superman & Lois, Injustice, Suicide Squad game, there’s yet again rumors that WBM are making a Superman game, My Adventures With Superman, maybe a Smallville sequel animated series, the new animated movie universe that started with MoT, the Coates reboot will star a black Clark apparently
    3. I don’t like Taylor as a writer so I’d rather he **** up Jon than Clark (even though I like Jon and wish someone like Fraction were writing SSOKE)
    4. The other Superfamily members are getting more love as well. I’m enjoying Tom King’s Supergirl, Kon will be in two series, Suicide Squad and that Titans mini (and I think it’s likely he will get to take on the mantle of Superman in YJ S4 like Kaldur did for Aquaman), Natasha Irons will be in S&tA, John Henry Irons looks to be a big part of S&L and may get another Steel mini sometime soon, Calvin is getting a lot of focus in Infinite Frontier, I just wish Kenan were still getting some attention

Jon isn’t really taking over the franchise just yet and may never do so. For now I’m content to sit back and see what happens.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

But ppl actually like more than a extremely thin sliver of a version of superman thst you do,most fans of superman can atleast appreciate different versions
    Like i said,did not like superman/ww book at all.worst book and was much more closer to the silverage superman atleast in power level(but,personality and what not is modern superman from 80s).As for superfans wanting more than silverage version?i don't know.I don't care if jon is power or not is what i said.There are more important things.Superman is a flying brick.The abilities needs some serious reinvigoration.Just take some scifi or fantasy concepts and change things from ground up .At the very least,change the way the kid uses it...Action is what the abilities are for.iF There is no cool action sequances.Jon having any powerlevel is worthless.
    Even captain america with frisbee has better action than superman...
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-06-2021 at 10:58 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Is Jon going full replacement of Clark, or just adding to the mythos overall?

Time will tell, but Newsarama seems to think it will be the latter:

It's not so much a passing of the Superman mantle in this case, but Kal-El growing the family business.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Superman is not the weakest. Writers just like knocking Superman back to prop up another character to look good. Unlike Kara, being stronger than him, Jon is probably gonna stay in canon for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I get that these are comics but it's nice to see time actually progress rather than just all the characters be stagnant.

Wouldn't you want your kid or anyone to succeed you be better than you?

We have seen thst a million times in our entertainment now, now if we saw a kid that WASNT as powerful as his dad, but still followed in his dad's footsteps and took the mantle, now thst would be interesting.

Is this a real thing? Superman is gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Clark? No. As I listed above, he’s going to be in more comics soon after getting “replaced” as Superman than he was before. Action Comics will be his ongoing E0 adventures although he’ll lose the Superman book.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Clark? No. As I listed above, he’s going to be in more comics soon after getting “replaced” as Superman than he was before. Action Comics will be his ongoing E0 adventures although he’ll lose the Superman book.

It's no and yes.he is being replaced as the superman in the superman book,and that might stretch out to the rest of the DCU ,atleast the JL book.also there are a lot of ppl chopping at the but waiting for when he gets replaced in the movies.

But no Clark is still around and in many things on all levels of media

I can see that this Blah Blah Verse stuff is going to lose me. I read the above posts and still do not know what DC is doing. Time to get reacquainted with the Marvel universe

I can see that this Blah Blah Verse stuff is going to lose me. I read the above posts and still do not know what DC is doing. Time to get reacquainted with the Marvel universe

I will always be ready for another DC universe movie ,no matter how many Marvel movies are out,its my universe of choice

Retired

The funny thing about modern comics is that they try to make you think that everything counts, so you better buy this comic because it's important to the unfolding reality. Unlike classic comics, where not a lot counted and you could easily miss a lot of issues and never feel like you were going to lose out. Yet, really nothing that happens in modern comics does matter--they have about as much importance as imaginary stories.