Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,405

    Default Star Wars: Visions!

    With how much George Lucas has borrowed from Japanese culture in creating Star Wars it just seems natural to give the reins of the Universe to anime directors for a project like this...and it looks stunning!

    I can't wait until September to see this!

  2. #2
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,158

    Default

    This looks like it'll be pretty cool .

  3. #3
    iMan 42s
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,670

    Default

    It wont be canonical.

    However I'm really interested in seeing an anime take on the material. It looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

  4. #4
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    It wont be canonical.

    However I'm really interested in seeing an anime take on the material. It looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.
    Probably for the best so they can go all out with it .

  5. #5
    iMan 42s
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Probably for the best so they can go all out with it .
    It does look like its repurposing some old TFA concept art. One of those (at least I think it was for TFA) was with a lightsaber cutting a star destroyer in half while flying under it via X-wing. Ridiculous but not out of place for anime. I think I even spotted a character design from the sequels here but I can't place where it originates. Then again it might just be coincidence.

    Really am excited for whatever's going on with the tiny sith guy. That looks like it'd be a cool looking duel.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

  6. #6
    Extraordinary Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,621

    Default

    Kind of interesting it's taken this long, as anime tie-ins to motion pictures were pretty big a decade and a half ago (Animatrix, Batman Gotham Knight).

    Then again this isn't Star Wars first rodeo with Japanese productions; In the 90s and 00s there were manga adaptations of the first four films, and more recently some of the YA novels and some animation like Rebels have been adapted to manga format.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  7. #7
    Extraordinary Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,621

    Default

    So at least one of the stories will be set after Episode 9, although as stated it's not canonical.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,405

    Default

    I've heard before that anime studios are often hellish environments but had hoped that this project wasn't something that needed to be churned out to fit a weekly release it would be different but apparently the conditions at one of the studious (science saru) doing one of these Star Wars shorts was really terrible which is disappointing.

    https://comicbook.com/anime/news/sta...s-allegations/

  9. #9
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I've heard before that anime studios are often hellish environments but had hoped that this project wasn't something that needed to be churned out to fit a weekly release it would be different but apparently the conditions at one of the studious (science saru) doing one of these Star Wars shorts was really terrible which is disappointing.

    https://comicbook.com/anime/news/sta...s-allegations/
    Well, that's a bummer .

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, that's a bummer .
    Yeah, I mean I know it's long been a thing with anime studious practically being slave labor but I had hoped that this being a one off that would be avoided. The good thing is that maybe by one of the artists pushing the boundaries of her NDA that perhaps things will improve.

  11. #11
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Yeah, I mean I know it's long been a thing with anime studious practically being slave labor but I had hoped that this being a one off that would be avoided. The good thing is that maybe by one of the artists pushing the boundaries of her NDA that perhaps things will improve.
    I think I read a similar situation with some Netflix original anime's.

  12. #12
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    5,700

    Default



    Looks incredible. Makes me really want to catch up with all the awesome anime projects lately.

  13. #13
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,158

    Default

    Can't wait to watch it .

    They even got Temuera Morrison back for Boba .

  14. #14
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    5,700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Can't wait to watch it .

    They even got Temuera Morrison back for Boba .
    Yay! I can respect that they wanted to give the teams as much flexibility and do their own thing but if they were going to have one recognised character then Boba was the best bet. Tattooine is also appearing as well which is awesome. I also suspect this will be the first visual project to feature the High Republic era too. There’s also a tie in novel upcoming based on one of the shorts (not sure what one).

  15. #15
    Extraordinary Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,621

    Default

    Takei is in it too, but it's not the first time he's voiced Star Wars (He was in an early Clone Wars as Lok Durd)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •