Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Since when?
    Before Grant Morrison's JLA, J'onn wasn't at Superman's level of strength and never had superspeed like Superman or Flash. Grant changed Martian powerset and it stuck.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Before Grant Morrison's JLA, J'onn wasn't at Superman's level of strength and never had superspeed like Superman or Flash. Grant changed Martian powerset and it stuck.
    You are sure about his speed?

I remember that, during Underworld Unleashed, he was flying around the world stomping villains by himself.
    Last edited by The Cool Thatguy; 07-10-2021 at 08:15 AM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

The speed thing is interesting. On a practical level he can't be lagging far behind other flying heroes when he has to get somewheere. If you fly, you have to be somewhat fast. Now whether that translates into him being able to stop bullets hundreds of feet away, I'm not sure, I don't remember seeing him use his speed that way.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    The speed thing is interesting. On a practical level he can't be lagging far behind other flying heroes when he has to get somewheere. If you fly, you have to be somewhat fast. Now whether that translates into him being able to stop bullets hundreds of feet away, I'm not sure, I don't remember seeing him use his speed that way.
    Propulsion and reflexes need not be the same thing.

I always see MM's density control, invisibility, flight, shape shifting and physical enhancements as applications of Telekinesis.

My headcanon for MM's vast psionic abilities is that not only his powers are internal but also external because his intrinsic/morphic field allows him to tap into the Collective Unconscious and he is drawing the psionic energy to enhance his pre-existing abilities and also converting that energy into mass to alter his shape and size.

I too challenge the speed thing. He is fast enough to go toe to toe with Captain Marvel after all. Maybe he is not A2 like Supes and Wondy but I would wager he is B5 or better. I haven't seen him clocked at light speed but I have seen him clocked at 23xSpeed of Sound. That really fast but not Alpha Tier which seems to be where the light speed people are
    Last edited by Stanlos; 07-10-2021 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    You are sure about his speed?

I remember that, during Underworld Unleashed, he was flying around the world stomping villains by himself.
    Pretty sure, he was able to fly fast but not Flash type superspeed. Ostrander even alludes it in his run when he says he isn't as fast as Superman or Flash.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post

Yes he has a lot compared to people but among the top tier he can be dealt with. He is the 4th strongest of the heroes in physical strength and one of the most powerful heroes of the DCEU. His peers can counter him or neutralize him
    There are other dc heroes as strong or stronger then MM so saying he is 4th is not accurate.

Anyway MM pre- flashpoint
    List of some of his powers.

Post flashpoint

J'onn J'onzz (New Earth)

Superhuman Durability: The biomorphic structure of the Manhunter's body allows him to absorb almost all kinetic energies such as high caliber bullets, shrapnel, or flying debris easily. He can harden his biopolymers by rebinding them and increase his durability to the point where he is nearly on par with Superman. Along with his nigh-invulnerability, his shape shifting makes him even more difficult to harm. Hazardous environments practically do not affect the Martian Manhunter.

Superhuman Strength: The Martian Manhunter is one of the strongest beings on the planet.

J'onn's strength is great enough to the point that he has drawn blood from beings as durable as Kryptonians such as Supergirl by his punches alone. By modifying the density of these biopolymers, the Manhunter can make himself stronger by forcing them into tighter bundles. While at a resting state the limits of his strength are unknown, the Manhunter can lift 100 tons without much effort. He is nearly as strong as the likes of Superman when concentrating his biopolymers to their full capacity.

Superhuman Stamina: J'onn's endurance is just as formidable as his strength and invulnerability. He can operate under extreme conditions for an indeterminate period of time without showing signs of fatigue. The exact range of this power is unknown.

Superhuman Speed: Either through flight or natural movement, the Martian Manhunter can maintain speed and demonstrates reflexes far in excess to that of most metahumans, and for far longer. Like the power of flight, this is accomplished by manipulating the magnetic fields of energy surrounding his body, as well as ambient gravitational particles.Traditionally, J'onn only uses his superhuman speed while flying. He has admitted that he is not as fast as Superman but this can be argued as he has shown speed feats that are nearly at Superman's level, such as the speed necessary to fly around the earth destroying multiple targets around the planet in seconds, while also managing to save Kyle Rayner in the end. He can process thoughts, move, and react at super speed as well. J'onn has also demonstrated that he is fast enough to comfortably catch bullets and other exceedingly fast projectiles.

Super-Breath
    Super Hearing

Enhance senses:
    Martian Vision: The actual nature of this power seems to vary depending on the reports. It has been seen to be a bolt of force, directed by the Manhunter's eyes causing considerable damage. It has also been seen to cause flammable objects to catch fire. It also grants J'onn the ability to see into other spectrums of light. J'onn can use his Martian vision to see people and objects that are invisible to others. For example, upon their first meeting, J'onn's power allowed him to see past Gypsy's metahuman camouflage ability; other effects are, at present, unknown.

Electro-Magnetic Spectrum Vision
    Telescopic Vision
    Microscopic Vision
    Heat Vision

Matter Absorption: J'onn has the ability to absorb matter and add it to his own mass, he once used this ability to grow to the size of the gigantic Antares and in another occasion to enhance his regenerative abilities.

J'onn J'onzz (Prime Earth)
    Superhuman Strength: Martians possess vast levels of superhuman strength and are among the few races that are able to match Kryptonians in terms of raw strength. Martians can easily shatter reinforced concrete and steel, lift and carry houndreds of tons with ease and deliver incredible damage with their blows.

Superhuman Stamina

Regeneration: The Martian Manhunter has shown amazing regenerative capabilities. So great are they that he has been able to completely regenerate from nothing but his severed hand,regenerate in moments from nothing more than a puddle of green liquid, and in another instance, survived beheading.

Superhuman Durability: Martians possess high levels of durability that make them nigh-invulnerable to all forms of damage. Martians can withstand high caliber bullets, powerful energy blast and kinetic impacts without suffering damage.

Superhuman Speed: Martians can process thoughts, move, and react at incredible speed, being able to cover vast distances in little or no time, catch bullets in mid flight, run on water and create afterimages as they run.
    Superhuman Agility
    Superhuman Reflexes

Regeneration: Martians have powerful regenerative powers that enable them to regenerate their entire body from a severed limb, they can furtherly enhance their regenerative powers by drawing mass from nearby sources.

Super Hearing

Heat Vision

Martian Vision: Martian visual acuity greatly exceed human norms and allows for a wider range of information to be observed. This includes the following:
    Infared Vision
    X-Ray Vision
    Electro-Magnetic Spectrum Vision
    Telescopic Vision
    Microscopic Vision
    Last edited by mace11; 07-10-2021 at 11:02 PM.

Nah! J'onn was already elevated to pretty big gun status during Giffen/DeMatties JL/JLI/JLA. Let's not forget that J'onn defeated a possessed Captain Marvel (SHAZAM for the young ones) early in the run. Even in COIE, he was treated with a lot of respect (a shame that didn't transfer to the League's own title at the time, where he was always easily defeated). And in Jurgens run, one of the reasons the League NEEDED Superman in it was because J'onn was no longer around. I'll agree that he benefited from the huge Big 7 elevated status that Morrison's run promoted.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 07-11-2021 at 06:22 AM.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I think his off switch is pretty effective and during the Morrison Porter JLA Earth fought off a Martian invasion with candles? I think with Superman, GL, and J’onn they can have all the powers as long as they have fairy tale rules.

Ultimate Member

Pretty sure, he was able to fly fast but not Flash type superspeed. Ostrander even alludes it in his run when he says he isn't as fast as Superman or Flash.
    Half of light speed is still pretty fast, though :P