Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So long as they don’t retcon things, yea, that’s basically where things currently stand. She’s basically his and Sarah’s biological daughter via super science artificial insemination.
    I mean, it makes sense. If you were to clone Logan and only change a chromosome, you wouldn't get Laura, you'd get some mutated monstrosity that can't function.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    I mean, it makes sense. If you were to clone Logan and only change a chromosome, you wouldn't get Laura, you'd get some mutated monstrosity that can't function.
    It’s possible in comics. Hell, Jessica Drew in the Ultimate Universe is exactly that to Peter. With Laura though, they were working with a damaged sample of Logan’s DNA where only the X chromosome was viable and so it seems Sarah used her own DNA to fill in what was missing. At least that’s one theory since they confirmed that Laura does have Sarah’s genetics as well back in Adamantium Agenda.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 07-05-2021 at 03:32 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Gender swapped clones, as in perfect genetic copies of a person but made as if they were the opposite sex from inception, are not uncommon in science-fiction, though. So if they had gone that route with Laura it wouldn't have bothered/confused a lot of people either.

The damaged genetic sample, that was fixed with a woman's DNA, is more a convinient explanation on why they would make a female clone in first place.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    "So this is not exactly what he came in with, but it’s not like he came in with a literal roadmap, you know? It’s not like he came in with a literal thing going, “So then, three years from now, we’ll do an issue that has these lines in it.” It was more like, “This is the direction, this is what I’m aiming for way down the line. This is what we’re going to be working toward.” How we get there and what exactly it looks like when we get there has always been something that’s been in flux and that is highly influenced by what all the work everybody else has been doing is as well"

In general I would say that this is the best mindset and method. With Hickman it suprises me a bit. Not the flexibility or generosity part. I don't know the man so it's hard to be suprised by that. My suprise comes more from the part of not having a literal roadmap. That was my impression of Hickman that one of his strenghts in these projects where that he had that. He knew the issues it where leading up to. The lines that where in them. He had all that more or less writen. It was built on some very specific events happening in a set order. Like a chess game with the readers.

In many aspects that why he needed to write much of it himself. Not becasue he didn't trust other writers but because otherwise it would be boring for them just doing issues that where more or less Hickman ghostwriting. I can see them stretching the structure to include new things. Just that it can't stretch to much before it breaks. Well that was my impression and it seems I was wrong.
    I feel (putting on my tin foil hat) is him covering up the fact that the other writers wanted their say too and kinda wrestled control away from him.

So, they give him a mini series to wrap up his story and walk away as the hero who saved the X-Men

Because does this look like a man with no plan (his FF run fully mapped out)

Extraordinary Member

If anyone interfered with his plans it would be the editors, and their higher-ups at Marvel.

Hickman has been pretty open about the fact that not everything he wants to do gets done, and some of the things he did in his Avengers run were editorially-mandated. Everyone knows that that's part of Big Two comics.

But "Inferno" doesn't have to be the moment he walks away. It could just be something big they do as Marvel transitions to its new distribution arrangement.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    If anyone interfered with his plans it would be the editors, and their higher-ups at Marvel.

Hickman has been pretty open about the fact that not everything he wants to do gets done, and some of the things he did in his Avengers run were editorially-mandated. Everyone knows that that's part of Big Two comics.

But "Inferno" doesn't have to be the moment he walks away. It could just be something big they do as Marvel transitions to its new distribution arrangement.
    From last week's X-Men Monday:

AIPT: And then X-Fans Miguel2004, Griffin and AdamTheUncaring are all concerned that Jonathan Hickman’s time with the X-Men is ending after Inferno. Should these X-Fans keep worrying or should they relax?

Jordan: They should relax, but you know, you’ll see. The answer is you’ll see where we are and big things are going to happen in Inferno in more ways than one. And you’ll get more information about Inferno pretty soon — relatively soon — before it comes out for sure. But don’t worry. We do have a lot of stuff mapped out. We do have a lot of plans that Jonathan has been working on with everybody and yeah, you’ll see. And you’ll find out more very soon.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

I hope he doesn't walk away but who knows until we read it

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    From last week's X-Men Monday:

AIPT: And then X-Fans Miguel2004, Griffin and AdamTheUncaring are all concerned that Jonathan Hickman’s time with the X-Men is ending after Inferno. Should these X-Fans keep worrying or should they relax?

Jordan: They should relax, but you know, you’ll see. The answer is you’ll see where we are and big things are going to happen in Inferno in more ways than one. And you’ll get more information about Inferno pretty soon — relatively soon — before it comes out for sure. But don’t worry. We do have a lot of stuff mapped out. We do have a lot of plans that Jonathan has been working on with everybody and yeah, you’ll see. And you’ll find out more very soon.
    This, to me, is just PR talk.

They may take little odds and ends from Hickman's planning, but the other writers will do with it as they wish

But if it isn't I will be pleasantly surprised

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I hope he doesn't walk away but who knows until we read it

This, to me, is just PR talk.

They may take little odds and ends from Hickman's planning, but the other writers will do with it as they wish

But if it isn't I will be pleasantly surprised
    The impression I got is that something is going to be announced soon-ish so he doesn't want to quite answer the question. But we shall see!

The impression I got is that something is going to be announced soon-ish so he doesn't want to quite answer the question. But we shall see!
    I hope that Hickman gets Uncanny X-Men so he can continue with his major players

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Everyone says Uncanny but it'd be pretty fucked up to build all this up for Duggans X-Men and then create a "but seriously this is the real X-Men team" book with Hickman to undercut their own flagship

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Everyone says Uncanny but it'd be pretty fucked up to build all this up for Duggans X-Men and then create a "but seriously this is the real X-Men team" book with Hickman to undercut their own flagship
    But why would it undercut Duggan there's always been sister titles, similar to Batman & Detective Comics or Superman & Action Comics

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

But why would it undercut Duggan there's always been sister titles, similar to Batman & Detective Comics or Superman & Action Comics
    They've never gone "but this side-spinoff is the real book" like what people are proposing would be

A book focused on Krakoa and the QC and all the other characters not on the X-Men could def work.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    They've never gone "but this side-spinoff is the real book" like what people are proposing would be
    I see what you're saying, fans would view Duggan's work as lesser; but they'll just have to deal with it.

A book focused on Krakoa and the QC and all the other characters not on the X-Men could def work.

Hell yes! Give me that East of West political drama

I feel (putting on my tin foil hat) is him covering up the fact that the other writers wanted their say too and kinda wrestled control away from him.

So, they give him a mini series to wrap up his story and walk away as the hero who saved the X-Men

Because does this look like a man with no plan (his FF run fully mapped out)

This is also just speculation, but there is a possibility Hickman’s stint on Avengers burned him out from the right planning. So many plot threads from the first half of his main Avengers run just had to be dropped or rushed into the last few issues and I think it suffered for it. Can definitely him imagine not wanting that to happen again.