Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

This felt very deep. I appreciate JDW insights. He seems like someone you could have a really great conversation or debate with in person. I agree 100% with his takes on Krakoa as well as Wakanda. Best Xmen Monday yet for me, left thinking.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Ok so some interesting tidbits in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor Cast Homes post-Trail of Magneto
    So there’s a lot of possibilities that can still be explored with a lot of these characters. Some of them, there are specific plans for already, but that doesn’t mean that X-Factor can’t still be a thing. And it also doesn’t mean that more of them might not find other places to do things. So no, I don’t necessarily have it locked in place where all of them will be, but that’s partially because we’re still leaving room for there to be more opportunities for them.
    Some of the X-Factor characters already have plans? Polaris is confirmed for X-Men and Daken is hinted at as shown below, but I wonder who else. JDW is leaving it up in the air that X-Factor may be coming back but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Daken Romance & Future
    I do know a little bit about where it will go and where we will see it go that way. So, Daken fans, you’re going to continue to be well-served, I think.
    Daken will probably continue to show up in some title.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda's Pretender Status
    So is this particular thing something we planned? No, but we always knew that we were going to be building toward something big and at the very least similar for the character. It’s just, this is the way we chose to deliver it.
    Surprised the Pretender label didn't come from Hickman. I wonder which of the writers spit-balled this idea, it's definitely an interesting premise.

Extraordinary Member

Is it just me or do these Mondays show that they have sidelined Hickman
    Feels like he will only do minis from now on and doesn't have much creative control as to decisions.

There’s England having left the deal with Krakoa.
    Gah, I need people to stop thinking England, Britain and the United Kingdom are the same thing - having to explain the difference all the time is a pain in the arse.

Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Gah, I need people to stop thinking England, Britain and the United Kingdom are the same thing - having to explain the difference all the time is a pain in the arse.
    What about having to explain that Wales exists, like at all?

Considering how often it's left out in hollywood depictions of Britian, it seems pop culture only knows England, Scottland and Irland.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I guess this confirms Polaris will (maybe) have some part to play in Trial of Magneto, but with Williams writing it, that makes me worried. Her take, and what JDW said doesn't give me much confidence with how it'll be approached.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

Considering how often it's left out in hollywood depictions of Britian, it seems pop culture only knows England, Scottland and Irland.
    Pixie is from Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    In fairness, I have a few mates in Scotland and the Republic of Ireland who, since Brexit, have stopped using "United Kingdom" and "Britain/Great Britain." Everything below the Scottish border is just "Wee England" now, and they view Northern Ireland as being dragged kicking and screaming along with Wee England or else soon into Irish reunification.

Not sure if the comics have remarked on Brexit yet or not, but I don't fault JDW for referring to it as England.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Just wanted to add, because i know hard work must go into it. I appreciate i can actually read the interviews. I am not a podcast dude and prefer to read so thanks. I know its more work but i still love to read.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

That was an interesting clarification on Cable’s part. So apparently WiFi gave up being able to be resurrected should he die to his older counterpart. So maybe he isn’t going away but now he has the same level of risk as any dupes and thus has to be careful. Of course, if he’s that easy to kill, he doesn’t deserve to be Cable

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

Is Wales in London?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    In fairness, I have a few mates in Scotland and the Republic of Ireland who, since Brexit, have stopped using "United Kingdom" and "Britain/Great Britain." Everything below the Scottish border is just "Wee England" now, and they view Northern Ireland as being dragged kicking and screaming along with Wee England or else soon into Irish reunification.

Not sure if the comics have remarked on Brexit yet or not, but I don't fault JDW for referring to it as England.
    Britain and Great Britain are geographical locations though - the island group as a whole and main island. Arguably the Scottish and Welsh are more British than Anglo-Saxon trash like me as we only rocked up like we owned the bloody place 1600 years ago.

Er, also, something something Hellfire Gala.