Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    But why do movie studios think sports players can act in the first place?
    Let's be fair, there's been sport stars who have been able transition to to movies...Jim Brown, Fred Williamson, Dwayne Johnson, John Cena...

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I doubt it would affect his basketball career, but if he wants to make more appearances in movies, this might not help him
    His legacy doesn't have to be his basketball career. When his other business ventures come up this will surely be a stain.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    I mean, it would be weird if they cast, let's say, Ian McKellan as a basketball star. Part of the spectacle is it's a genuine sports star paired with cartoon characters. No one's fooling themselves into thinking they're about to watch the next Raging Bull.

Also, anyone see Trainwreck? I'm not saying LeBron's paving the road to an EGOT or anything, but he wasn't bad in that. Not so bad that I wouldn't trust him to do as well or better than Michael Jordan in SJ2.
    Exactly. People want to see Lebron play straight man to Bug Bunny and Daffy Duck. They're going for the slapstick.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

But why do movie studios think sports players can act in the first place?
    I don't think they do. They want to cash in on their popularity to sell a movie. I watched all of Shaq's movies when I was a kid and they were all terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Let's be fair, there's been sport stars who have been able transition to to movies...Jim Brown, Fred Williamson, Dwayne Johnson, John Cena...
    The real life boxers used in the later Rocky movies did a good job too.

Astonishing Member

Well sure but two of those guys were wrestlers, and thats what they do is act. Im not sure who Fred Williamson is. But they didn't put Lebron in the movie to act. I don't think that was ever the point of this lol

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Oversaturated? They release 3 movies a year, now 4. And the rest of the stuff is relegated to Disney+. So, as far as theatrical exhibition is concerned, 3-4 movies a year is not saturation
    To me that's oversaturation, yes, especially when its been ongoing now for so many years. But I only speak for myself. I'm not suggesting they stop; it makes money, of course they should keep going. That's just how I feel from an entertainment point of view.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-22-2021 at 06:34 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    I don’t think her bank account statement allows her the capacity to care.
    I was joking.lol

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm embarrassed for Lebron
    Me too, for losing in the first round NBA Playoffs.

Let's not forget Kareem Abdul Jabar from "Airplane" as well as "Game of Death" (okay, those were barely acting roles.... I mean it's no "The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh" (the best astrology-sports-disco movie every made))

https://screenrant.com/black-widow-m...lash-response/

As I said, the guy hasn't even seen the movie he was talking about. Explains why he thinks Iron Man is darker.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post

As I said, the guy hasn't even seen the movie he was talking about. Explains why he thinks Iron Man is darker.
    Well, I guess that's that for this thread.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    [font=Palatino Linotype][color=navy][size=3]I mean, it would be weird if they cast, let's say, Ian McKellan as a basketball star. Part of the spectacle is it's a genuine sports star paired with cartoon characters. No one's fooling themselves into thinking they're about to watch the next Raging Bull.
    Is it weird that I kinda want to see that now?

... Hulk Hogan...

Damn. I was going to say that Stephen Dorf matters so little, that his own thread got hijacked by Space Jam 2. Y'all just had to bring him back into it, didn't you

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post

'It was a bad time for him'? It was like three weeks ago.

Astonishing Member

Its kind of weird I mean I don't know the dude but when it was reported it just sort of came across as sort of an off the wall rant from a guy in a bad place.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't think they do. They want to cash in on their popularity to sell a movie. I watched all of Shaq's movies when I was a kid and they were all terrible.
    Those were films trying to MILK on Shaq's popularity. Same with Lebron. What you saw was the reality of it take more than THEM to make a movie good. Especially players most folks don't care for.

Im not sure who Fred Williamson is.
    Former NFL player (I think he played with my Uncle) that started doing movies during the blaxploitation era. That Man Bolt was suppose to be the start of a Black James Bond run of 3 movies.

He was on Star Trek and Julia. He has done A LOT that for most part if you are NOT a child of the 70s-90s that watched direct to video or late night movies-most folks would not know who he is.
    Although he has worked with a lot of Hollywood's A-B listers and legends.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Those were films trying to MILK on Shaq's popularity. Same with Lebron. What you saw was the reality of it take more than THEM to make a movie good. Especially players most folks don't care for.

Former NFL player (I think he played with my Uncle) that started doing movies during the blaxploitation era. That Man Bolt was suppose to be the start of a Black James Bond run of 3 movies.

He was on Star Trek and Julia. He has done A LOT that for most part if you are NOT a child of the 70s-90s that watched direct to video or late night movies-most folks would not know who he is.
    Although he has worked with a lot of Hollywood's A-B listers and legends.

Man now that you mention That Man Bolt I think I saw that when I was little and liked it.