Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    According to her complaint, she is arguing wide release means exclusive release, Disney probably will counter argue wide release means wide release. She has a weak argument, she will have to convince to court that wide and exclusive is the same thing. Apparently the word exclusive is nowhere in the contract.
    Personally, I think she is right and Disney did mean exclusive, but unfortunately for her it’s not going to matter, because she agreed to this contract that says wide. Her lawyers let her down.
    The contract was made in 2017 when Disney+ didn't even exist yet. In 2017 wide release meant exclusive release to everybody in the movie industry. If people in a particular industry always use a specific term in a specific way, the court will understand that term that way. That was already explained to you by the way so I don't know why you still come up with it.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

According to her complaint, she is arguing wide release means exclusive release, Disney probably will counter argue wide release means wide release. She has a weak argument, she will have to convince to court that wide and exclusive is the same thing. Apparently the word exclusive is nowhere in the contract.
    Personally, I think she is right and Disney did mean exclusive, but unfortunately for her it’s not going to matter, because she agreed to this contract that says wide and Disney did have a wide release. Her lawyers let her down.
    Either way, it's a far cry from believing that her words about loving to play Black Widow means that she hated playing the character and was checked out

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    The contract was made in 2017 when Disney+ didn't even exist yet. In 2017 wide release meant exclusive release to everybody in the movie industry. If people in a particular industry always use a specific term in a specific way, the court will understand that term that way. That was already explained to you by the way so I don't know why you still come up with it.
    This is why slick lawyers don’t use specific terms, that way they can argue around them if they have to. Disney’s lawyers was slick enough to not say exclusive release. Slick lawyers use vague terms, her lawyers should have caught this.

This is why slick lawyers don’t use specific terms, that way they can argue around them if they have to. Disney’s lawyers was slick enough to not say exclusive release. Slick lawyers use vague terms, her lawyers should have caught this.
    There has never been a lawyer so slick that they can argue that something that was not covered in a contract actually was.

BANNED

I think maybe that is what Dorff should have been harsh with than just singling out Black Widow and targeting Scar Jo. It is not as if she is the one that directed and produced the movie. In fact I just checked the cast credit listsand Feige is the only listed producer and that tells us everything we need to know. despite the fact the Black Widow was fun with likeable characters that made the film watchable. On an artistic scale. it is no Alita or Kill Bill.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 08-08-2021 at 06:58 PM.

Amazing Member

Are these really memorable roles?
    I would say so. And I am not the only one apperantly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkelzahn View Post
    I would say so. And I am not the only one apperantly.
    I think ScarJo contemporaries has a big edge over her. Other actress like Anne Hathaway, Jennifer Lawrence, Margot Robbie, Rooney Mara, Emma Stone and Emily Blunt. The these actresses has chosen better roles than ScarJo and they maybe more talented than her too.

I think ScarJo contemporaries has a big edge over her. Other actress like Anne Hathaway, Jennifer Lawrence, Margot Robbie, Rooney Mara, Emma Stone and Emily Blunt. The these actresses has chosen better roles than ScarJo and they maybe more talented than her too.
    The Man who wasn't there
    Ghost World
    Lost in Translation
    Girl with a Pearl Earring
    A Love Song for Bobby Long
    Match Point
    Vicky Cristina Barcelona
    Hitchcock
    Under the Skin
    Her
    Marriage Story
    Jojo Rabbit

None ot the actresses you mentioned comes close to having that number of acclaimed roles. For most of them I'd have trouble to name five great roles, especially when action movie roles obviously don't count.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Astonishing Member

I think you are using your own preferences to criticize SJ's career. Your view of "better roles" has no definition or any way to be measured. Using your own opinion to flat out state one actress has better roles than another without examples or reasoning is not a very convincing argument.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

The Man who wasn't there
    Ghost World
    Lost in Translation
    Girl with a Pearl Earring
    A Love Song for Bobby Long
    Match Point
    Vicky Cristina Barcelona
    Hitchcock
    Under the Skin
    Her
    Marriage Story
    Jojo Rabbit

None ot the actresses you mentioned comes close to having that number of acclaimed roles. For most of them I'd have trouble to name five great roles, especially when action movie roles obviously don't count.
    I don't know...I think all the actresses he named are pretty much the top of the list(along with Scarlett) when it comes to top actresses in Hollywood right now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I think you are using your own preferences to criticize SJ's career. Your view of "better roles" has no definition or any way to be measured. Using your own opinion to flat out state one actress has better roles than another without examples or reasoning is not a very convincing argument.
    Instead of criticizing my opinion, maybe you should give your own.
    After all this forum is about expressing opinions.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-09-2021 at 01:19 PM.

I don't understand how other actresses having memorable roles someone means Johansson hasn't had memorable roles.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I don't know...I think all the actresses he named are pretty much the top of the list(along with Scarlett) when it comes to top actresses in Hollywood right now.
    Hey I like all of them and since Scarlett is the one with the longest career it throws no shade at them that they don't have the same number of great roles yet. It's just that the original claim that they "have a big edge over her" is utter nonsense.

But of course anyone who disagrees with me can name the great roles for their actress of choice. I'm generous and will accept the "big edge" statement if one brings up 15 roles instead of Scarlett's twelve but I doubt one could do that for any of the mentioned.
    Last edited by chicago_bastard; 08-09-2021 at 01:51 PM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Hey I like all of them and since Scarlett is the one with the longest career it throws no shade at them that they don't have the same number of great roles yet. It's just that the original claim that they "have a big edge over her" is utter nonsense.
    Oh, I definitely think it's garbage to say they have an edge over her too I'm just saying that if you were creating a list of best leading ladies in Hollywood right now I'd expect that list of names to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Oh, I definitely think it's garbage to say they have an edge over her too I'm just saying that if you were creating a list of best leading ladies in Hollywood right now I'd expect that list of names to show up.
    Of course, along with Amy Adams, Jessica Chastain, Natalie Portman, among others.