Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I think there is a lot of truth in your statement. RDJ and the three Chris needed their roles, ScarJo didn’t need this role. I think she took Dorff’s comment serious and she probably heard the same thing from other actors and people in the business.
    In her old age, do she really want to be known only as Black Widow?
    Even though superheroes movies make a lot of money, it seem they are still a joke with many Hollywood personalities.
    Come on lets not act like SJ is Streep here. She has a lot of clunkers on her resume. Lucy, Ghost in the Shell, Rough Night, and many others that are not anywhere near award winning films. Yeah she does the little indie darlings like Her and Marriage Story, but she also is more than willing to sing on for stuff like We Bought a Zoo.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Come on lets not act like SJ is Streep here. She has a lot of clunkers on her resume. Lucy, Ghost in the Shell, Rough Night, and many others that are not anywhere near award winning films. Yeah she does the little indie darlings like Her and Marriage Story, but she also is more than willing to sing on for stuff like We Bought a Zoo.
    Hey We bought a Zoo was not bad.

Ultimate Member

Some of the comments I'm reading here are truly baffling. It's like a lot of folks aren't following movies at all outside of the comic book bubble.

ScarJo has been in some high profile movies outside of the MCU like Marriage Story and Jojo Rabbit.

Seriously, these aren't some movies that just went under the radar; these are some of the most well regarded and critically acclaimed movies of the last few years.

I mean ScarJo got an Oscar nomination for Marriage Story just last year.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Name one actor that doesn't have clunkers in their filmography.

If you judge an actor by only the bad stuff they've done, then even some of most successful like Jack Nicholson and Anthony Hopkins will falter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkelzahn View Post
    She would be known for a lot more than Black Widow. And seeing who played roles in this kind of movies a have serious doubts about the last sentence.
    And that is not a recent thing. I mean Frank Langella talked about his role of Skeletor and how much fun he had with it any chance he got even 20 years later.
    Another than BW, what is she really known for? What other memorable characters has she played?

Astonishing Member

Another than BW, what is she really known for? What other memorable characters has she played?
    I”d say her roles in Ghost World, Lost in Translation and Her are memorable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I”d say her roles in Ghost World, Lost in Translation and Her are memorable.
    Are these really memorable roles?

Yes, they are.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Niffleheim

In depends on memorable to who, the Academy certainly gave her nominations but the general audience outside of BK idk you'll have to check her box office numbers.
    Last edited by Tofali; 08-05-2021 at 11:30 AM.

BANNED

Lost in Tran. A big maybe
    Ghost World. She doesn’t want anyone to remember
    HER, Not memorable, just a voice

Astonishing Member

I don't know I like her in just about everything I have seen her in. I haven't seen all of her movies. But there are many actors in these marvel movies who have great careers outside of Marvel. I mean I don't have a clue what they will all be remembered for. RDJ has had some good roles. But honestly he will mostly be remembered for Iron Man. I don't see anything wrong with that.

HER, Not memorable, just a voice
    By that logic there has never been a memorable character in an animated movie.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    By that logic there has never been a memorable character in an animated movie.
    There really isn’t many

Find me another actress who has played Silken Floss and Janet Leigh.

Never mind that she played Major. Probably should not have been her, but there is no reasonable argument that Major is not a memorable character.

There really isn’t many
    Actually, it seems like they tend to outlast human actors in general.

Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)