Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    SJ is saying that she is not at risk of losing out on future acting projects as the Black Widow. And therefore she cannot lose any future role by pursuing a lawsuit over BW compensation.

You are ignoring all the positive things she has said about the role, including that it was her favorite.

https://movieweb.com/black-widow-sca...avorite-role//

This has been pointed out multiple times in the thread, but is never addressed when saying SJ was tired of the role. It also ignores the hands on duties SJ performed as a producer of Black Widow. She personally recruited the director for the movie.

The only way to interpret that statement as dissatisfaction with the role of Black Widow, the MCU, or Marvel is if you interpret every thing with a subtext of anti-MCU sentiment. That is the definition of bias.
    I hear what you are saying, but I think we are not talking about the same things

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I hear what you are saying, but I think we are not talking about the same things
    It depends how deep you're into Castle's "belief."

See, you basically said this makes sense:

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    As it turns out, one of the reason she so easily sued Disney was because she knew she would not be coming back to play the role

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/black...g-black-widow-
    Scarlett Johansson Was Reportedly "Emboldened" To Sue Disney Because She's Done Playing BLACK WIDOW

So you can actually look at it that way, she had checked out, she knew she was so over the role and there was nothing to loose.
    That makes sense.
    But that was just him doubling down on this:

Honestly now with everything going on with the law suit. you are almost forced to see Scar Jo playing Black Widow in a different light. looking at clips from Endgame and rethinking about Black Widow, she seems to have checked out from the character a long time ago. I do think Scar Jo yearns to get more into serious Oscar bait movies. the black widow thing was all a cooperate job to her , not really surprised now she had sued Disney's asses because she thinks she is not getting her job's worth.
    So one could take it (as I believe Rincewind did) that you're saying that makes sense. Which it, of course, does not.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

BANNED

Okay I’m confused, it’s not the first time and it won’t be the last time

Essentially, it boils down whether you're saying ScarJo being emboldened to sue makes sense, or that retroactive "she's checked out" theory Castle's trying to sell does.
    Conn Seanery

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    Essentially, it boils down whether you're saying ScarJo being emboldened to sue makes sense, or that retroactive "she's checked out" theory Castle's trying to sell does.
    I’m buying Castle’s theory, however I don’t see much difference between the two.

One is such an obvious view of the situation that it's barely worth reporting (ex-employee isn't afraid to confront former employer, ooh), the other is made-up nonsense.
    Conn Seanery

Astonishing Member

I don't buy she's checked out in her Black Widow role. Thats just Castle doing his MCU dance. I do buy she doesnt want to work with Disney anymore and she is throwing a long ball. Others feel she can just walk back in after all of this and be try out for a role on the Mandalorian. Yea no.

BANNED

One is such an obvious view of the situation that it's barely worth reporting (ex-employee isn't afraid to confront former employer, ooh), the other is made-up nonsense.
    We don’t know the details of the contract, we don’t know what going on behind the scenes, we don’t know her mindset.
    We all are speculating and giving our opinions, there is nothing wrong with that.

We don’t know the details of the contract, we don’t know what going on behind the scenes, we don’t know her mindset.
    We all are speculating and giving our opinions, there is nothing wrong with that.
    We do know ScarJo enjoyed playing Black Widow. Suggesting she didn't so that it lines up with one's opinion of her performance in the role and ties-in to the reason behind the lawsuit is just agenda-pushing.
    Conn Seanery

BANNED

It depends how deep you're into Castle's "belief."

See, you basically said this makes sense:

But that was just him doubling down on this:

So one could take it (as I believe Rincewind did) that you're saying that makes sense. Which it, of course, does not.
    It makes sense when you look at in a long distance. I think we need to go back to this thread earlier when it was discussed how Scar Jo sees this movies, she give the impression it is all just a cooperate job to her and she does not seem to show as much passion or deep interest in them as her indie woody allen films.

she also knew she was done in the role by Endgame, so there was just nothing left for her in this role as a serious actress, it was just all about the money. Unlike maybe her roles in a woddy allen film , where for her, it is more about proving she is a great actress, with MCU films, that was more about her bank account. So right now she feels Disney has cheated her out of it, she sues them.
    Last edited by Castle; 08-05-2021 at 10:40 PM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

It makes sense when you look at in a long distance. I think we need to go back to this thread earlier when it was discussed how Scar Jo sees this movies, she give the impression it is all just a cooperate job to her and she does not seem to show as much passion or deep interest in them as her indie woody allen films.

she also knew she was done in the role by Endgame, so there was just nothing left for her in this role as a serious actress, it was just all about the money. Unlike maybe her roles in a woddy allen film , where for her, it is more about proving she is a great actress, with MCU films, that was more about her bank account. So right now she feels Disney has cheated her out of it, she sues them.
    And why should we believe this theory over the actress's own words saying how much she loved the character and how excited she was about the solo film?

Astonishing Member

I am referring to the "checked out and so over the role" portion of the post. The knowledge that this was SJ's last time as Black Widow and that she is not risking future jobs is not in dispute.

This is utter hogwash, more anti-MCU garbage you love to spew. Can you find one word she said about making this movie that would lead anyone to think this is objectively true?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I repeat: We do know ScarJo enjoyed playing Black Widow. Suggesting she didn't so that it lines up with one's opinion of her performance in the role and ties-in to the reason behind the lawsuit is just agenda-pushing.

You can keep trying to push the square peg through a round hole, but no one needs to "look at it from a long distance" to see what you're peddling.
    Conn Seanery

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    This is utter hogwash, more anti-MCU garbage you love to spew. Can you find one word she said about making this movie that would lead anyone to think this is objectively true?
    This is not true that I spew garbage or hogwash. I don't objectively doubt Scar Jo words about loving playing the role since she said that. However things are more complex than that.
    Last edited by Castle; 08-06-2021 at 06:26 AM.